[Archive] Borador's Vintage Chaos Dwarfs (OLD)

Borador:

Featuring: Ulfo Bloodmask and the Master of Madness!
Shield are still to come :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Don’t they look cute together? :wink:

C&C much appreciated!

Edit: Whoops, forgot to resize the last picture in photoshop. Well, whatever.

Borador:

Up, up, up the thread list we go! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyone has something to say that might help me improve my painting technique?

Cheers,

Borador

Blue in VT:

Well I think they very effectively give the feel you are looking for…they look COLD! The final white “highlight” on the spearman look a little chalky to my eye but gives the effect of frost or snow so it doesn’t bother me.

Over you are starting to hit your stride with this style.

:hat off

Blue

Borador:

Thanks for the kind words Blue!

Yeah, I went a little to far out with the white there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Might have to redo that sometime, although I like it in some way so I don’t know yet.

Borador:

A little update, a parcel from australia arrived today, I traded my bugman’s rangers for evil stunties with Abecedar.

Here’s a list of what classic mini’s I currently have:

Renegades:

Khazek Doomlord

Foaming Mad Furrikson

Doomaxe the Dreaded (variant)

Master of Madness

Napper Grundrin

C22 & Other Warmachines:

Mortar

Mortar Loader (loader 1)

Mortar Gunner (gunner 1)

MM90:

MM90/1b

MM90/2a

MM90/4c

MM90/6a

C16 Chaos Dwarfs:

Ulfo Bloodmask (Spear 1)

Scarsol Smashskull (Axe 7)

Lufin Bristlebeard (Hammer 2)

Baldrick Backbreaker (Mace 7)

D3 Chaos Dwarfs:

Kirgund Widowmaker (Sword 5) (x2)

Sithan Sharpsword (Sword 6)

Barin Spikehead  (Mace 11)

Kaaos Armahand  (Axe 11)

Durgal Deathdealer  (Axe 3)

Squarehammer One-Eye (Hammer 4)

It’s quite starting to look like a collection now I guess. Sadly, painting is held off for a while due to my upcoming testweek. My tests have been scheduled so nicely by the way

Abecedar:

Yes I expect them to be painted very soon.  (much quicker than if they’d stayed with me).  Deciding on a colour scheme, any colour scheme is what does my head in!  Good Luck with your tests.

The bugmans unit will stay hidden for a while as a maybe present for my son, IF he pulls his head in and studies a bit harder.

Borador:

Haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks ^^

oh no, one of those type of kids! (my advice: hit him with a stick ;P)

Borador:

Update, my GH XV entry.

Next time, I am sticking to the other background :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The symbols on his back mean “death” and “mace”, I found those fitting for this character. Quite happy with the left one, the death kanji. The right one a little less. Overall I am quite pleased, but next time I am going for a vote :wink: (or the GH bronze veteran medal although I have no clue how to get that one! Any admin or mod who can clear this out will be declared my hero of the week :slight_smile: )

Borador:

Oh, can’t seem to edit posts anymore using my ipod so I will change the thread title soon, my PC is currently K.O.'d, ripped out the videocard since it malfunctions, hoping to get a new one due to the quality guarantee of the company that delivered it to me!

Edit: oh I figured it out already, got to hold it horizontally to be able to edit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Borador:

1000th Post update:

I have painted a few miniatures, but was not to happy with the result. So I redid them and came up with a colourscheme for my MM90’s

First two:

Dronzak Bannerfist

MM90/2a
painted this guy for the Brush Slave

-EDIT: Removed “Iron Daemon” pictures-

Ronshank:

What a 1000th post. Your Iron Daemon looks really promising and your right the MM90’s are just so different from the style that forgeworld is doing at the moment the custom build was the best idea. Plus I love the home made kind of anything. Nice detail on the banner with the black sun. Were the models primarily dry brushed? I love the craggy look of the Armour on your brush slave model.

Borador:

@ronshank

Thank you (:
They were not drybrushed at all to be honest, I tend to paint like that quite often (on accident I think).
They do look a bit dusty though, I based them with the snow stuff 2 min before the picture, and the pictures are quite dark.

Abecedar:

Trying to envision the next stages of your daemon, early WIP’s for big projects can look nothing like a finished result. Have the FW iron daemon but can’t afford the rest for the foreseeable future so I think I’ll try to home make them.

Borador:

@abecedar:

I have the same thing with other peoples bigger builds :stuck_out_tongue: for this one, I’m going for something in between the Juggernaut, 3rd ed warmachines and the FW train. Making it look a lil old school with some more modern CD aspects to it.