[Archive] Broken Whirlwind from e-bay, what todo?

MartyF:

I bought a whirlwind from e-bay a few weeks ago, paid about £24.

Unfortunately when it arrived one of the flails was broken in two. The model had been partly assembled and shipped in a padded envelope, so I think the packaging wasn’t good enough and as such the problem is the fault of the seller.

Am I being un-reasonable? What do you think the seller should do to resolve the issue? My belief is that the models value is drastically reduced as its now not complete, the main reason I bought it.

That said I’m reluctant to send the whole model back for a full a refund, if that is offered (as of yet no response from the seller)

Obsidian:

Well if you can’t fix it and therefor don’t want it, a full refund and send back is the only option. If you can fix it, maybe ask the seller for atleast a portion of the money back?

MartyF:

The break is on the chain of the flail, so not easy to fix, or a least fix in a way that would last more than 10 seconds :frowning:

Da Crusha:

that is a very tough fix. Im not sure what you can do about it. I would tell the sender his bad packaging was the cause and threaten him with negative feedback.

nitroglysarine:

failing the responce, take the matter up with paypal, and issue a compaint, then upgrade it to a claim.

you will get all your money back, and then you can return it.

done it that way a couple of times.

G.2:

I would have to agree. Return it, and get a full refund. It is the fairest way to do it.

You didn’t get what you paid for.

Pyro Stick:

I would definately get in touch with the seller. I have never recieved an assembled whirlwind/tenderiser in a jiffy bag, unless it was 100% unassembled. The seller should have sent it in a small box packed with padding, so the seller is definately at fault for the damage and you should get a refund, or a partial refund if you want to look around for a spare flail.

failing the responce, take the matter up with paypal, and issue a compaint, then upgrade it to a claim.

you will get all your money back, and then you can return it.

done it that way a couple of times.

nitroglysarine
This is probably your best bet, although paypal will only give you back your money once you return the item and provide a valid tracking number. I made the mistake of returning a fake item 1st class once and paypal refused to refund me because i had no proof that i had sent it.

nitroglysarine:

This is probably your best bet, although paypal will only give you back your money once you return the item and provide a valid tracking number. I made the mistake of returning a fake item 1st class once and paypal refused to refund me because i had no proof that i had sent it.

Pyro Stick
Not if the seller refuses to get in touch with paypal to, they refund you and tell you to keep hold of the item until the seller communicates.
-that happened to me once, hence me getting a pack of 20 free damaged greatswords.

Baggronor:

Yep, definitely get in touch with the seller; at the very least it will make him aware that he needs to sort out his packaging or this will happen again.

MartyF:

Cheers for all the advice. I have contacted the seller but no response as of yet.

nitroglysarine:

A good idea with if you’d like to know if he’s ignoring your messages is to check his recent feedback and follow it to the other person, and see when was the last time he left feedback, i’ve caught someone out before when they said ‘sorry i was away on holiday’

handy tool :smiley:

MartyF:

I got a reply, they will refund but I will have to pay return postage.

Not sure I’m happy with that as I’ll be out of pocket through no fault of my own. I think I’d rather keep the broken model in that case.

nitroglysarine:

Not sure I'm happy with that as I'll be out of pocket through no fault of my own.  I think I'd rather keep the broken model in that case.

MartyF
Offer them positive feedback in exchange for them paying the postage, or negative feedback as they didn't deliver it in one piece.

-i've got the postage covered doing that once before - i hate 'threatening' but it tends to work.

Obsidian:

Do you still have the package?! Did you have to sign for it? If not, write on the package adress(see) unknown and return it? :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

Not sure I'm happy with that as I'll be out of pocket through no fault of my own.  I think I'd rather keep the broken model in that case.

MartyF
If you want to keep it then i would ask for a partial refund. If they refuse then i would leave Negative because its their fault that it arrived broken. I dont think sellers can leave Negative feedback to buyers anymore so dont worry about getting bad feedback from him

nitroglysarine:

MartyF
If you want to keep it then i would ask for a partial refund. If they refuse then i would leave Negative because its their fault that it arrived broken. I dont think sellers can leave Negative feedback to buyers anymore so dont worry about getting bad feedback from him

Pyro Stick
Quite true, odd though it makes seller feedback pretty much pointless now.
infact i've stopped leaving feedback 99% of the time as a personal protest again it.