[Archive] Brush Slave #6: The Mystery Denisen from the bottom of the Box!

G.2:

I just need to finish the base, and I am done…

Xander:

Hrm, maybe I will give this one a whirl! :smiley:

G.2:

Here is my entry. Finally finished, and there is still 20 days before the deadline closes for this comp.

These two guys were so buried and neglected at the bottom of my lead pile, that I had to straighten both there swords and give them a really good clean before I could start painting them.

Note: The Samurai in the red trousers, actually has a broken foot. It is completely snapped at his ankle.

So does anyone have either of these old minis?

Can you guess who manufactured them?

Abecedar:

So does anyone have either of these old minis?
Can you guess who manufactured them?

G.2
Hey G.2 have PM'ed you with my guesses so as not to spoil everyones fun trying to guess them. picked one of those up in a bulk lot with a golgfag ogre I wanted and it took me months to figure out what they were.

Almost finished painting my entry, next the dreaded basing efforts. and then I'll stick it up.

G.2:

Hey G.2 have PM'ed you with my guesses

Abecedar
You guessed them perfectly, even down to the sculptor - which is a lot better than what I would have done.
...picked one of those up in a bulk lot with a golgfag ogre I wanted and it took me months to figure out what they were

Abecedar
Well, there goes the whole "unique" mini part of the challenge.
Almost finished painting my entry, next the dreaded basing efforts. and then I'll stick it up.

Abecedar
Cool. I am looking forward to seeing it. The basing can sometimes be difficult to do, especially if you are not making "rank-and-file" troopers. It can be hard to make a nice base on such a small scale.

Abecedar:

the worse part is some strange mini turns up in a bulk lot and the collectors bug takes another bite, especially with such nice minis as those two you’ve just shown us.

PS what size is that picture (as a whole) cause I get worried that I’ll send one in thats is way too big and that size is perfect.

Loki:

Great looking models and very well painted as well :slight_smile:

Bassman:

Based and primed my entry. I’m really longing to start to paint it :slight_smile:

G.2: great samurai! :slight_smile:

clam:

Great entry, G.2. - a pleasure watching.

And Bassman, it’s great seeing you back at painting. You did great at GH and hopefully you’ll make something spectacular for this one, too :wink:

And I’ve started a suggestion thread for future themes. Feel free to drop by :smiley: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9549

clam:

Revealed my entry for Brush Slave at my clamshells and sea horses-blog today, so better post him here as well :slight_smile:

I know what it’s supposed to be (at least I knew what colours scheme to use for him) :slight_smile: - but apart from that I have no recollection of whom, when, where or why - nor can I remember how it ended up in my lead pile!

- and for those reasons this little Dwarf Wizard here is perfect for the 6th Brush Slave :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

Nice one clam. have got no idea where he’s from. If you add a fishing pole he could be saying “But it was this big”

Blue in VT:

:o:o:o

Hubba Hubba! I’m in love! what a great figure and paint job!

Cheers,

Blue

Admiral:

Excellent dwarf wizard. :slight_smile:

G.2:

Great model Clam. Nicely done, and I know EXACTLY where he is from. All I can say he is very rare.!!!

Update: I just had a look and I realised he is NOT who I thought he was…he is an imposter. He looks like the wizard I was thinking about, and Clam painted him like the Wizard I thought he was supposed to be, but he is different. … very interesting.

clam:

Ahh! an expert :smiley: - and that’s exactly why I do not know what he is - first eye, he looks real - but then the small details …? :slight_smile:

- yeah gave you a lot of help colour wise didn’t I? - but you also have to admit that he is extremely well done - and rather have this ‘imposter’ than a $500+ recast - and imposter or not this is actually still quite rare (I’m let to believe).

Blue in VT:

Indeed…it seems the original may be a one of a kind from what I understand. This one is certainly uber-cool though!

Blue

clam:

He is - and instantly picked him out of the painting queue when the challenge was given to us. Couldn’t see what else to do, really - he ‘is’ the challenge :smiley:

Golder Goldeater:

@Clam: :mad HEY! I didn’t know we were allowed to enter with such kickass models! :mad

PS; I am so ready to taste the floor :cheers

G.2:

In case there are some people who don’t know what we are talking about, in regards to Clam’s Dwarf Wizard. Everything is in reference to the is Dwarf.

This image appeared in White Dwarf issue 77 (I believe). And since then, this mini has not been seen again. It appears that no-one in the entire world owns one of these miniatures…except Bryn Ansell himself.

Link 1

Link 2

So Clam, appears to have the next best thing…an “imposter” and NOT a recast. So where did this imposter come from??

I really want to know. So indeed a real ‘Mystery Denisen from the bottom of the Box’!

Does anyone recognise him?

tjub:

Wonderful model there Clam! :slight_smile: