[Archive] Brush Slave League - Round 2 announcement

clam:

ROUND 2

Welcome to the second round of the 2012 Brush Slave @CDO

We are now well ahead with round 1 and it’s time to look forward.

As said in the rules:

“You do NOT have to enter a new team in each round after entering the league, but you are ENCOURAGED to do so.”

So, it’s now time to get tactical and earn some of those “bonus points” for entering a NEW TEAM :slight_smile: Also get a unique chance of showing how awesome you are and reduce that lead pile of yours.

Deadline for entering a new team is:

31st March 2012, 11:59 pm CET

For those of you who enters a new team please make sure that your entry includes:

- A name :slight_smile:

and

- a direct link to your pictures with the use of a direct URL (without preview or size restrictions). And IMGs are great for presentations, but direct URLs are much better.

If emailed, please use attachements, not any fancy email sharing feature from your hosting site, please.

Do you want to be a part of this?
Well, if you do it’s quite simple. All it takes is that you make a commitment by posting your name here (so I know how many participants to expect) and start painting your first team (i.e. paint at least 3 themed gaming miniatures).

When you’re done put some effort into making a presentation of your team and look at the rules for “how to enter”.

You’ll have a disadvantage of a late start of course, but as it’s actually just about getting stuff painted, who cares?

Oh! and keep your entry close - and please check all the rules for any other restrictions etc.

furrie:

Just a quick question, do I need to tell every round that I’m entering or is it enough to just enter one round.

clam:

No, you first round team is automatically entered in round 2, unless you do ‘something’.

This thread is for make the deadline clear to all, asking questions, new people signing up or what else comes to mind.

And I won’t hold it against you if you hinted out, if a new team is coming. PMs and emails are quite reliable, but you never know. And would hate if I missed out a team.

DAGabriel:

Where do we see the pics of round#1?

clam:

They will be shown in 8 polls later tonight. Will host links in the “kick off” thread

Borador:

Started painting already :smiley:

Bolg:

Already started on team 2

furrie:

Just painting some random mini’s until I can decide what the team will be.

Zanko:

Team 2 is nearly finished - just need to paint the last details! :smiley:

:hashut

ryanamandaanna:

hmmmm… I already know what my next two teams will be… just need to figure out the order…

clam:

Sounds good, guys :slight_smile:

Uncle Fool:

:)After 3 days solid of assembly, trimming mold lines, filling gaps with green stuff and liquid green stuff and basing. I think I maybe ready to undercoat team 2 in the morning when it comes light. Phew a brush slaves work is never done:D:D

Mostyn:

I know I’m not only late but also far more of a lurker than poster here but can I put my name down for this?  Looks like the sort of thing I need to give me the incentive to stop painting unrelated individual figures and start painting unrelated groups of figures!

I should be good for a themed, human sized, non-diorama, potentially amusingly named etc. etc. team every month if that helps swing it.

Apart from sending suitable pictures and so on in due course do I need to do anything else to become one of the ‘accepted’?

furrie:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10239&page=1 contains all the rules

clam:

I know I'm not only late but also far more of a lurker than poster here but can I put my name down for this?  Looks like the sort of thing I need to give me the incentive to stop painting unrelated individual figures and start painting unrelated groups of figures!

I should be good for a themed, human sized, non-diorama, potentially amusingly named etc. etc. team every month if that helps swing it.

Apart from sending suitable pictures and so on in due course do I need to do anything else to become one of the 'accepted'?

Mostyn
You might be late - but not to late, I think. And "yes", of course you can join us - ALL MEMBERS are welcome - no matter post count, registration date, age, name, race, religion, nationality... etc. ;) I will say however, that should we reach more than 50 - I might look at it a bit differently - but till then there is room for all, including you.

Welcome aboard :)

And like Furrie said, all can be found in the rules - but simplified 3+ humanoid creatures, prober based and painted to your best, well photographed, resized to max 800x800 and mailed/PMed me before deadline.

But take a few minutes and go through them as they are quite straight forward and easy to follow.

Mostyn:

Clam, Furrie,

Thanks for the replies and for the nods in the direction of the rules; I had read them, as I’m not quite that cavalier when signing up for stuff.  Not quite.  

Really looking forward to it and I must say I was impressed with the stuff from the first round which has provided plenty of incentive.

Thanks

clam:

You’re welcome.

- and I am looking forward seeing you have planned for us.

Borador:

Welcome aboard Mostyn!

Uncle Fool:

G’day there all. I am real excited(nearly peed myself:sick) about round 2. I can’t wait to see what everyone will come up with. Round one was breath taking from all involved. I’m just about to start painting as undercoating has gone well:):)!!!

One thing, a quick question about the little banner beneath the posts saying you’re partaking in the slave to the brush how do you put it there. I must confess I am a techno idiot; Infact if you put buttons on anything I’m hoplessly lost ( thank goodness paint brushes have no buttons:P)

clam:

Well, I have “made” my next ready. Quite conversion-heavy this time (as my first team was rather straight out of the box). Just need to get them primed and painted.

And for banners - all can be found here:

But short:

Go to “User CP” or “Private messages” from the top navigation bar (when logged in to CDO, of course).

On your left you’ll find the “Change signature” menu - it’s under "Your Profile"

Copy one of these two piece of code into the “message box”.

[/code]

clam
Click “Update Signature”. If first time, you might like to click “preview” to see it before it’s published, though.