[Archive] BS #7 - I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley, August Painting Challenge

clam:

So, we are ready with the new format for the Brush Slave Painting Challenge.

Voting for August has ended and the most popular theme was:

"I wouldn’t want to meet you in a dark alley"

Challenge:
The idea of this, is to paint a model representing something big, or scary or ugly or just plain mean. Or maybe a combination of all those attributes.

So anything from a German SS officer to an Alien Monster or an Evil Dwarf Sorcerer to Jack the Ripper should do the trick - it’s totally up to you, really :slight_smile:

Deadline will be end of 31th August 2011 (your time zone)

1 Challenge point will be awarded for completing the challenge. 1 bonus point will be awarded for painting an additional miniature representing the innocent/unsuspecting “you”, who is entering the “alley” (and should the “you” be a small warband I won’t hold it against you ;))

More info is found in the BS FAQ (and post #43 will explains the new format/challenge points in details)

The 3 other themes that was voted for in the August voting poll will now go into September. The theme “Say cheese” is out, unless it is suggested again and found popular. I’ll pick 2 more themes from the suggestion thread (found here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9549) that seems/sounds popular and set up a poll mid August - so if you want to be influential keep the suggestions coming - or just stops by and tell me, what you would like seeing next.

And then I have awarded the first challenge points to those that completed the 6th Brush Slave Painting Challenge:

The scoreboard as it stands:

Golder Goldeater (1)
G.2 (1)
Abecedar (1)
Bassman (1)
Loki (1)
Blue in VT (1)
Clam (1)

Congratulations to everyone who took part in BS #6 - hope seeing you all back in no. 7 :slight_smile:

Borador:

Nice, nearly done then (: got to look for the innocent me miniature hehe!

Bolg:

Interesting (:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

inkpwn:

Finishing off the basing now, I’m actually going to get a miniature in for once :smiley:

Tribun:

Here is my entry:

inkpwn:

I’m not a fantastic painter and unfortunatly I have had to use a phone camera for this but here we are=

Not much is more terrifiying after stumbling out the pub then to be confronted with the terrifying banshee!

G.2:

Real nice entries. I wouldn’t like to meet either of these in a dark alley. So they both fit the theme, quite well.

@ Tribun: You have some nice looking minis over on CMON. Keep on painting. :slight_smile:

Tribun:

@ Tribun: You have some nice looking minis over on CMON. Keep on painting. :)

G.2
Thx man :hat off, but RL is a bitch and steals me much time! But I try to present you something new fromt ime to time.

Bolg:

I wanted to join in the last challenge, but I didnt really get it… Now I do and I dont want to miss the deadline.

I found this guy hiding in a 2nd hand miniature cabinet when my local store still sold 2nd hand minis. Definatly not someone you want to meet in a dark alley.

Chaos-ThaneWill:

I must retire under sircumstances, sowwy

Borador:

Will try to enter my entry tomorrow!

Baraz Gorechain:

The sinister thing about dat Stompa Dred… It’s only got dat one eye, yeah? So itz got dat one eye, so dats all it can see da boyz wit. Da space boyz, da imperialz boyz, da bug boyz an da skinny olda boyz an’ da dead boyz. It looks outa dat one read eye…

An’ e’s still dead 'ard.

Dat banshee made me pee, some, d’ough…

Borador:

my entry

G.2:

I found this guy ...

Bolg
One guy? There is not three seperate ninja's, in that photo? Wow, nice photo-trickery. I honestly thought that you painted a band of ninjas. :) Lucky I went back and read your description.

Abecedar:

Here’s mine. just a conversion using the pieces you get with the set. It’s probably been done before.

Bolg:

I found this guy ...

Bolg
One guy? There is not three seperate ninja's, in that photo? Wow, nice photo-trickery. I honestly thought that you painted a band of ninjas. :) Lucky I went back and read your description.

G.2
Thanx, jup its just one guy. I use Photoshop a lot for my work so this came easy (:

Zanko:

After a time with lots of work and less time for my hobbies I finished my latest model and the current entry for this Brush Slave -

The Greater Demon of Hashut!

I love this mini a lot and I’m glad that I could finish it just in time for this contest! :smiley:

:hashut

Blue in VT:

:o:o:o Damn!!!

that is certainly a guy I would NOT like to bump into in a dark alley!

Great Figure! can you tell us where he’s from?

Excellent work.

Blue

Zanko:

:o:o:o Damn!!!

that is certainly a guy I would NOT like to bump into in a dark alley!

Great Figure!  can you tell us where he's from?

Excellent work.

Blue

Blue in VT
Thx Blue!

This is "Azaroth the Fallen One" from Heresy Miniatures!

Andy makes excellent minis just have a look! ;)

:hashut

Borador:

Nice entry zanko!

He matches with ny entry, “the Black Knight from a certain cult movie” only than as a chaos dwarf figure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: