[Archive] BSB and a Second Warrior

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I have 5 built up so far, but the camera battery keeps dying. When I get some more money saved up, I’m going to buy a pack of batteries!

Enjoy!

Chaos Dwarf Battle Standard Bearer

I didn’t want to get the GS too close to his mouth in case I messed it up. (I’ll try that last pic again sometime!)

This warrior has a combination of a Greenstuff and wire beard. I kept the original moustache as well.

Willmark:

Already an improvement over teh first one, keep it up.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX! I find that I don’t have enough weapons of the same type to outfit these 12 warriors with the exact same weapon. I might try to resin cast one so I can make 12 the same - for my own use.

Bassman:

Nice work, I’d add tusks to give the the proper “evilness” :hashut

nice warrior, no problem at all just look at pics on the left, the weapon seems to be not aligned properly with the hilt. :hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, I’m having a slight problem with the weapon alignment. I had a few Chaos weapons given to me by a customer, but only 1 of them had the weapon in the same hand as the CD. So I have been hacking weapons appart and then re-gluing them to fit, however, alignment is difficult on such a small piece.

EDIT: I’m having problems giving these guys their noses! I’m not sure I can put the tusks in there! :smiley:

Bassman:

Making tusks is waaaaay easy!
Roll a mini sausage of green stuff like this <> with two points… let it dry… and when it is dried cut it the proper size and you’ll have two beautiful tusks! :hat off
Then you just have to glue the tusks in position and cover gaps with another mini susage of GS to emulate the lower lip.
Check my Bluebeards’ Clan sorcerers to have a better idea.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, I did get the tusks on the Champion. have a look! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

mr T Wow love the coiled wire P L E A S E !!!

Could you decribe how to do the coil beards

As (what gauge and what did you wrap it around )

nice standard too

thanks

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi Kera.

I got the standard from the old 1995 Edition of Warhammer Presents : Chaos Dwarfs. I might not use it, but I just wanted it to size out the length of the pole.

As for the wire coil beard, it’s a 72 Gauge wire from an old Chrysler Alternator that I’ve had since high school in 1992. I wrapped it around a 60 Gauge drill bit and then drilled the wire into his face and attached it with Crazy Glue.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Got new batteries and was able to take a few new pics of the BSB.