[Archive] BSL Round 2� - Marauding Mischief vs. Cathay Archers

clam:

Marauding Mischief (Borador)

Cathay Archers (Lord Aldades)

vulcanologist:

The Archers get my vote in this one!

Zanko:

Like the colour scheme of the archers - the green/blue skirts look great! :hat off

:hashut

Lord Aldades:

Thanks, its a nifty colour called emerald green from Coat DArms, gives a nice contrast to must light blue hueys without getting to dull

Mostyn:

Really nice work on both entries and a very close call.

Borador:  These are repeats from last month so I don’t want to go over old ground but the lighting is sufficiently dark to be frustrating (just… want… to… see… more).  You have to love the marauder chaos dwarfs and you’ve done them justice.

Lord Aldades:  I’m always a sucker for historical figures; are they Curtis miniatures?  Nice colours and painting on the figures and massive kudos for knocking out 10 in a month (personally I view any figures over three a month as wasted effort).  The only thing I’m not convinced by are the bases - I think a bit of filler/green stuff to ease the transition between the metal base and the plastic base would enhance the overall effect.

Hope nobody minds the critiques; feel free to savage my efforts in return.

Lord Aldades:

Yups, Curtsey Miniatures indeed, all 12 of them actually :wink:

I`m gonna try and get some more regiments in here, motivates more

Borador:

Nice work Lord Aldades!

Yeah I did not have time to paint up something new and not even to take proper pictures for my blog or anything this month, had a lot of tests and school stuff to do. Sorry guys!

Uncle Fool:

Gotta love those archers. Are they Indian or Chinese? Or even an amalganation of both?

Mostyn:

all 12 of them actually ;)

Lord Aldades
Now you're just showing off. ;)

*Hides head in shame at inability to count*

Secretly I hate anyone who can paint so much so well. 3 a month is pretty much maximum effort for me.

Lord Aldades:

Gotta love those archers. Are they Indian or Chinese? Or even an amalganation of both?

Uncle Fool
They are Chinese `Warring States` era Archers

And I better don`t tell Mostyn then that so far this year I painted... 229 miniatures in total

Insidious:

Gotta give the Archers my vote no matter how much the inner CD wants to auto vote for the evil little guys…

Lord Aldades:

Since my whole idea of a Cathay army has been buried in the meantime (blame that Hobgoblin unofficial army book at the Reporter site) they are up for grabs if anyone wants them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180862857089

Lord Aldades:

Since my whole idea of a Cathay army has been buried in the meantime (blame that Hobgoblin unofficial army book at the Reporter site) they are up for grabs if anyone wants them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180862857089