[Archive] BSL Round 3 - You take the high woad vs. Vengeance of the Dreamwarriors

clam:

You take the high woad (Mostyn)

Vengeance of the Dreamwarriors (Zanko)

vulcanologist:

I love the warriors!

Baggronor:

Love the skin tones on Mostyn’s guys, very smooth blending.

And Zanko has painted the actual glow from the Spirit Hosts on the bases, something I always fail to get right.

Insidious:

Wow this is a tough one… that highlighting on the humans flesh is just too clean to ignore though… great job both of you!

DAGabriel:

Tried a similar thing like Zanko did here and know how difficult it is. And here it came out gorgeous.

If I could vote a draw I would,  since I can`t I vote for the dreamwarriors.

@ vulcanologist: Love that statement! Says everything except where your vote went.

Bolg:

This one is way difficult!!

Zanko:

Awesome Vikings / Kelts! :hat off

Great job you made here Mostyn … I’m afraid I will never win a contest with such enemies! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

DAGabriel:

@Zanko: Hobby friends - call them Hobby friends and you can be sure, you or one of your friends will be winning.

Zanko:

Ahh sorry!

I forgot to write enemies in quotation marks - it was meant to be ironic! :smiley:

Mostyn:

Lovely unit Zanko and I think you’re doing yourself a dis-service as the painting is great and the voting’s still pretty close. What figures are they out of interest; they seem familiar but I can’t place them?

And I thought I’d done well painting 6 last month but I’ve clearly been put in my place.

Zanko:

@ Mostyn: I just want to underline that you made a great job much better than mine! :hat off

This is just a fact and I don’t want to moan or complain - perhaps a little bit :wink: … I know of my limited skills in painting!

But in the next round I will have the next chance of winning! :smiley:

DAGabriel:

Ahh sorry!

I forgot to write enemies in quotation marks - it was meant to be ironic! :D

Zanko
I understood it that way, but I thought it funny to misunderstand.
Sorry if my comment sounded reproachful.
But nevertheless, what are these minis?

Zanko:

But nevertheless, what are these minis?

DAGabriel
The minis are old ones - I bought them at the end of the 80th or the beginning of the 90th - these guys are the RAFM "Illusionist - Dream Warrior Army"!

Aou can still buy them! Here is the link!

I'm still loving the models! :cheers

theforgefather:

You got my vote Zanko, ghost effect is very difficult to do, although Mostyn’s are very good as well

Zanko:

You got my vote Zanko

theforgefather
Thanx mate! :hat off