[Archive] [BtB] Daemon Engine Idea

Astranagant:

I have a vague thought of adding the mounting the main Vampire Counts Corpse Cart body in place of a Chaos Defiler’s torso to create my Daemon Engine, maybe adding in some live captive figures, an altar to Hashut, and place for a driver.

Is the Corpse Cart too small (here’s hoping someone has one model or the other)?  I’ve never seen either model in person so I can’t really tell if it’d work.  The conversion would be expensive enough ($30 in lower torso bitz plus the cost of the cart).

:hat off
Oh, and greetings, this’ll be my first post on this prestigious forum.

Khan!:

I like the idea in principle, but you might have trouble fixing the legs of the defiler to corpse cart in a “realistic” way…like, you may have to model ball joints or something out of plasticard?

What about just using the defiler torso but hollowing it out and building a cage/howdah on top? ie instead of the deamon head.

Astranagant:

I could, but from the looks of it, as long as I keep the Defiler’s lower torso (where all the legs join) I should be able to mount the cart on top of the turret ring.

Khan!:

Ah okay that makes sense. Having never put a defiler together I wasn’t sure how the joints all worked.