[Archive] Building me an Earthshaker, I am [Warning: pics heavy]

Willmark:

wakes up off the floor

What was that? Oh yeah another awesome Clam conversion of course. Dude that is amazing!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I don’t know if I have those cogs, but I might. Also, good work. One question, will you have small rods sticking out of the sides of the barrel and through the angle-finders? Rather than moving the wheels forwards, I’d say backwards slightly. Either way, it’s looking good! As for the rune, I’m not sure where you meant, but I think it might look a little cool on the back of the barrel, but on the front right armour plate nly might look better.

Ghrask Dragh:

Awesome!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

First of all, a big �?~thank you�?T must go to Ghrask Dragh �?" for letting me have those Dwarf Cannon Cogs. That is so kind of you :cheers

And then thanks for all the nice words :slight_smile:

And Willmark, I do not hope that you injured youself - falling down like that :wink:

And …

Update from 08-18-2008

So what have I done? �?" Let�?Ts see �?�.

Chassis:

The strips for the chassis have arrived: Square Tube 4.8mm x 4.8mm and H-Column 6.3mm

So I started out with 2 pieces of the H-Column. 46mm long and then I cut to square holes aprox 5x5mm - 12mm from each side.

Then, 2 pieces from the square tube: 27mm and 40mm long and glued it all together.

I�?Tm using the legs from a 40K IG Sentinel for suspension on the front wheels.

So, I cleaned them up like this:

It should turn out something like this:

Barrel:

I�?Tve made those 2 cogs, that is going to support the upper end of the barrel, when it�?Ts lifted up.

They are made from small pieces of square strips and glued on a small piece of 3.2mm styrene tube.

And then I�?Tve made some small details. Added rivets to the Barrel. I�?Tve used a Dwarf Miners lamp to make handle and lock - and then I�?Tve placed those cogs I got from Ghrask D.

Gun support:

After placing those cogs, I�?Tve finally came to gluing it all together. I�?Tve made a base for the gun support from a piece of 1.5mm styrene sheet. Cut into shape:

Glued it all together �?" and decided to lift the gun support a bit more by adding two strips of 3.2mm channel.

Also covered up the mistake I did earlier on (the armour plates) by gluing a strip of 0.3mm styrene sheet on each armour plate.  

And then I have made 2 small boxes to cover the mechanism that is actually lifting the hole thing.

And for operating the mechanism … - I think I’ll use this:

I only got one of these left. But I think I�?Tll try to find another one and then place them somewhere on each box.

So the �?~Shaker�?T looks something like this - for now:

Can�?Tt decide whether or not using that �?~dozer blade�?T from the Spicky Bits Sprue (you can see it on this picture):

�?" what do you think?  

And I still need wheels - anyone with a good idea where to find or to use?

Kera foehunter:

Wow like the bace of the canon. i think a small dozer blade would be cool

i also like the ribbited metal.

Obsidian:

The progression on this treasure is sweet!

The wheels look a bit small-ish though. And I don’t mean the size but the width. (sp?) Maybe if you do double wheels (two wheels next to each other) it will look better.

Other than that I’m very jealous of such a cool warmachine!!! :hat off

clam:

lol! Finally somebody saw it … :slight_smile: My main inspiration for this is the FW DKOK Artillery Carriager with the Medusa Gun - and yes … it has … double wheels :D.

I have thought a lot about it - and I still do - but it will only be possible - if I can find them cheap somewhere.

So anyone with a few spare wheels/Ork big gunz?

Obsidian:

I have to clean up some boxes this week and if I find them in there, I’ll ship 'em mate!:cheers:

al-hashut:

Very nice Clam, i especially like your attention to detail on the breach. If i can’t find a suitable toy to base mine off then i’ll have to go down your route. Looking forward to how this turns out

Xander:

This thing looks absolutely stunning. Can’t wait to see it when it’s all done! :slight_smile:

I love the pasticard work. GW really ought to sell plasticard… ahh well. At least I have my GaleForceNine plasticard.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I thought it looked good befoe, but now that I’ve seen it almost completed, I think it’s even MORE awesome… I think the spikes on the front would work and I hope that you CAN find those extra wheels. Looks completely ace. I like the hatch detailing and everything is superb.

Ghrask Dragh:

Your welcome buddy!

Cannon looks awesome, I like the sentinel wheel chasis. It looks alot like your inspiration from forgeworld, good job all round (go for the double wheels)

Knight Of Awsome:

lol! Finally somebody saw it ... :) My main inspiration for this is the FW DKOK Artillery Carriager with the Medusa Gun - and yes ... it has ... double wheels :D.

clam
I see my next Earth-shaker:)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Oh boy this is one nifty conversion… what’s actually even more impressive is that the mechanical parts look believable although they are scratch-built. Henceforth I shall call thee the Master of Polystyrene! :hat off

clam:

Thanks guys. Another day in Copenhagen, so there is nothing new here - sorry.

But there is one good news - I did stop by the GW Copenhagen store and made a £36 order :sick - but 2 Ork Lobbas and 2 Ork Cannons are one it’s way now - you’re ruin me guys:)

Oh boy this is one nifty conversion… what’s actually even more impressive is that the mechanical parts look believable although they are scratch-built. Henceforth I shall call thee the Master of Polystyrene! :hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat
Thanks, but sadly, I have to do another 650 posts before I can have that custom title :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

so what it going to be the Lord of the Clams!!!

you still have time to pick a good one

Willmark:

The attention to detail on this is staggering.

Grimstonefire:

Simply amazing! Beautiful work, that’s all you can say about that.

I don’t think you should use the spiky dozer blade unless you shorten the spikes. As it is the angle it sticks out at wouldn’t quite look right IMO.

The self recoiling barrel is a good idea. I bought a book a while ago on artillery, so mine will have that too whenever I get round to making one.

snyggejygge:

This is getting better & better!

Merchant:

Easy now champion :slight_smile:

It is not a special Character its’ just a machine :wink:

I’m just joking - I really like you work, and as many have said before me - it another master piece from master Clam :slight_smile: