[Archive] Bull Centaur possibilities

w3rm:

'Ello. JW would Blorc bodies and some form of horse be ok for BC conversions. Seeing as the Blorcs are muscled enough and have wep options for everything a BC can get some simple GS to fill in the gap between some form of horse thing that should in theory work. Cuz thats what I’m planning to do.

Willmark:

There have been a few people who have tried this and IMHO they don’t look all that good. Reason being (to me) is that we have only a few chaos dwarfs in our actual army list, making them orcs or anything other then orcs makes them not fit quite right.

w3rm:

What if i left their helms on and gave them beards with GS?

Hashut’s Blessing:

The proportions of a BO and a CD are VERY different, but ya can still do it.

Bassman:

Why choppin’ an orc when we have plastic dwarfs to be chopped?

The real problem is the bull body…

It’ quite difficult to find the right bull shaped body…

w3rm:

I dont really see Bull Centaurs as chaos dwarfs I see them as servants of hashut, created to serve him by him. I kinda see them not really as equal to dwarfs but the first servants of hashut who came before the CD but joined up with thier fellow hasut lovers!

Willmark:

In terms of what is Cannon they are chaos dwarf. Our only army book says as much" Bull Centaurs are creatures with the upper body of a chaos dwarf but the body of a ferocious bull, Many centuries ago when the Chaos Dwarfs were first twisted by chaos , some of their race were transformed in Bull Centaurs. ".  Pg 48 WDP: Chaos Dwarfs.

Create them how you want, but is clear where their lineage is from.

two_heads_talking:

Why choppin' an orc when we have plastic dwarfs to be chopped?
The real problem is the bull body...
It' quite difficult to find the right bull shaped body...

Bassman
If you really want to use Black orcs, or Orcs in general and use a horse or bull or even a boar, feel free to do so. It won't really look like a Chaos Dwarf army as most people would recognize, but then again, whose army is it? it's yours, and as far as that goes, you can use tigers and elves if you'd like.

I personally find the idea of Black Orc/bull centaurs a bit interesting. Go ahead and mock up a few of them and post up your pics, I know I'd be interested in seeing what you've come up with..

While I agree with Willmark on the Chaos Dwarf CAnon (what is normally accepted as CD), we've seen plenty of conversions of things that are outside the standard army stereo type, so please, have a go and enjoy it, it's your army afterall.

Kera foehunter:

well im not one to follow the rules!! but i would like to see them it sound fun using bo and horses!!!

cornixt:

I use Orc bodies on the BC bulls. The big problem with Bull Centaurs is that it is very hard to get bull and dwarf parts that match up well

Willmark:

For mine I used CD warrior bodies to make them a bit bigger the the dwarf stature.

nitroglysarine:

I use Orc bodies on the BC bulls. The big problem with Bull Centaurs is that it is very hard to get bull and dwarf parts that match up well

cornixt
i've found that orc bodies fit nicely into the head hole of pistoliers horses, the bodies need to be bulked up, and the join needs filling. then attack with green stuff to add some armour, then its a case of dwarfing them up!