[Archive] Bull Centaur Prices

Murdock129:

Something I’ve noticed over time is the prices of Bull Centaurs are always really high. Trying to find a reason for this I came to two conclusions:

1. Their rare and oop, which is fair enough

2. Their considered essential to a Chaos Dwarf army by a lot of people

So I’m thinking, with Warhammer Forge’s pending release of Bull Centaurs, will the prices go down on the old models.

While their important in an army you’ll be able to get them from Warhammer Forge for a lower price (Considering their about £15 a model everywhere I’ve looked, I doubt five Bull Centaus will be £75 from WF looking at their current prices), not to mention their also more available than the old ones meaning the only reasons to get the old ones once WF release theirs is that their rare, or if you prefer the older styling

A similar situation with Hobgoblin Wolf riders when/if their released since their highly expensive on places like eBay. What do you all think?

G.2:

This exact some thing has been discussed in some other threads on this forum.

I personally I believe that the release of the new Forge World Choas Dwarf range, will not effect the current prices too much, but what it will do, is create a new group of fans, who in turn will try and collect the old sculpts, well at least some of them anyway. So demand for the old stuff will still be there.

I see this with the Empire stuff. The prices of the old metal minis are not as high as the Chaos Dwarf stuff, but they have not come down, even though there are always new plastics being released. There will always be fan-boys (like me) who will source out the old minis for their collections.

Alric:

It should vary depending on the availability and demand for originals. Prolly the originals would be priced a little less than the FW ones unless a collector is interested in buying some. Some sold for about $25.00 each recently.

macbeth:

It’s true bull centaures are found at flabbergasting prices!

I bought my 8 when they were still available in stores, and I do not regret it, as I would probably not have any of them at the current ebay prices…

However, I doubt thair price will lower. We are not talking about cars here, and the “collector” dimension will still play, IMO…

cornixt:

BCs were going for stupid prices when they were still available from GW for less. I guess it is because they are such an unusual model.

Pyro Stick:

BCs were going for stupid prices when they were still available from GW for less. I guess it is because they are such an unusual model.

cornixt
The bull centaurs were probably the last cd bits available from GW. I think i bought mine for about £9 each around 4 years ago from them. Its weird that they are so expensive since they should be quite a lot of them around.

aka_mythos:

Seeing how FW prices models, I think we could expect Bull Centaurs to come in around ~£43.00 for 3. It largely depends how bulky they are but they’re suppose to be “monstrous”… so I imagine they come in at a volume similar to the plague toads. Hobgoblins riders I think FW will make them a conversion kit for the Goblin Wolf Riders… so they wouldn’t be too pricey.

gIL^:

Seeing how FW prices models, I think we could expect Bull Centaurs to come in around ~£43.00 for 3. It largely depends how bulky they are but they're suppose to be "monstrous"... so I imagine they come in at a volume similar to the plague toads. Hobgoblins riders I think FW will make them a conversion kit for the Goblin Wolf Riders... so they wouldn't be too pricey.

aka_mythos
I don't think so, Last time i spoke to forgeworld they were itching to make real authentic looking wolves.

Hobgobs and space wolves will probs be the same wolf.

zobo1942:

I’ve seen quite a range of prices for bull centaurs - sometimes a single one for $15 - 20CAN + shipping, and I’ve seen some auctions where the price has worked out to $6.60CAN each.

I’ve got six Bull Centaur torsos coming, but am looking for the bottom halves to put together a few complete figures.

snowblizz:

Hobgobs and space wolves will probs be the same wolf.

gIL^
*Very* unlikely. The Fenris wolfs should be much much larger than anything Hobbos would ride (except a "gigantic" hero mont), also I suspect with idiotic bionic bitz strewn around.

Pyro Stick:

wow check these prices:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHAOS-DWARF-BULL-CENTAUR-OOP-METAL-RARE-DWARVES-DWARFS-/160589976943?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2563e8956f
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHAOS-DWARF-BULL-CENTAUR-OOP-METAL-RARE-DWARVES-DWARFS-/150606784410?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2310dd279a

Thats definately the most ive ever seen a single bull centaur go for. I cant ever see them going for more than that. I can never understand people that bid that high when theres loads of buy it nows for £12.99 that they could go for instead.

edit: Just noticed that his description is full of lies as well. He says they were discontinued long before the other chaos dwarfs when they were actually the very last bits available from gw direct.