[Archive] Bull Tarus - Lammasu - Great Taurus Question

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Just wondering what dimensions these pieces are.

I want to build all 3 from different things and wondered what the original sizes were of these figures from the 1995 GW pieces.

I’d need Length, Width and Height. Or possibly just tell me the size of base they are sitting on.

ThanX for the help!:hat off

Thommy H:

A Bull Taurus is the same thing as a Great Taurus. It and the Lammasu are both monsters mounted on 40mm square bases. They’re both about the same size as a griffon model.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

And why did you post this in the conversions section?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Um…Hrothgar… I thought that’s where I would get the best answer. I’m going to have to convert them from something an will need to know a good starting point. Where would you have posted this?

Sorry Thommy, it wasn’t the Bull Taurus I meant. It was the Bull Centaur.

Thommy H:

Bull Centaurs are mounted on normal cavalry bases.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thanx!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

cornixt:

Taurus and Lammasu are now both on 50mm bases, according to the GW base size chart.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

So they are quite big pieces!

Just wondering - does the Lord Of The Rings models fit into any of these sizes? I think they are of a smaller scale, but I’m not sure.

I’m sure the Balrok wings would be ok, but what about the rest of the LOTR animals?

Any suggestions?

Thommy H:

They’re large monsters, yes. There should be plenty of photos online, and if google doesn’t throw anything up there’s dozens of examples on this very site (like my avatar…).

I don’t know what LOTR figure you’d use to represent a Lammasu or a Taurus, to be honest. They’d fit on the bases, obviously, but I doubt anything in the range would look right.

Bassman:

They're large monsters, yes. There should be plenty of photos online, and if google doesn't throw anything up there's dozens of examples on this very site (like my avatar...).

I don't know what LOTR figure you'd use to represent a Lammasu or a Taurus, to be honest. They'd fit on the bases, obviously, but I doubt anything in the range would look right.

Thommy H
Balrog wings ;) great for every conversion!
But Tommy H is right about LOTR models...

Kera foehunter:

the lotr are a true 25 mm and warhammer is a 28 mm hero size!

to find some stuff that would work check out the Reaper figures and they also sell wings seperate!!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’ll just take a peek at my catalog…Ok, you’re Right! Balrog wings are about it, with the exception of the Uruk-hai Siege Assult Ballista for a Bolt Thrower. Just replace the crew with HoBo’s!

Also, some of the Shields from the Rohan gents would be interesting for the good Dwarfs while the Warg Riders MIGHT make good Bull Centaur conversions.