[Archive] Campaign game against WoC - need advice

Mutter:

So, I have a campaign game coming up against a WoC player.

Due to campaign constraints, I can’t build the list freely - I have only 20% in lords, 15% heroes, 25%+ core, 30% elite and 15% rare.

I can either add 10% elite or 5% to any of the other slots.

2650 points.

Due to German comp, I can only:

- bring either hellcannon or magma cannon

- bring either destroyer or iron daemon

I’m expecting two Tzeentch flyers with a 2+ ward against fire, so I’m leaving the K’daii at home - even the destroyer.

So far, I’ve settled on:

Sorceror Lord, level 4, Lore of Hashut

Tau’ruk

BSB

Level 1 Metal

30 Blunderbusses

20 Hobgoblins

4 Renders

Iron Daemon

Hellcannon

2x Wolfriders

I have decided against the Destroyer as to not be cancelled by a cheap flying hero.

And since the WoC is prone to stand back and just use shadow magic and the hellcannon to get a minor win (enough to claim the province), I think my own hellcannon is better than the magma cannon.

Now, for the remaining points, I’m considering these ‘packages’:

Package A: 5 Renders, so two units altogether

Package B: 2 Deathshriekers

Package C: Something else entirely? Please explain … :slight_smile:

Mutter:

So, I have a campaign game coming up against a WoC player.

Due to campaign constraints, I can’t build the list freely - I have only 20% in lords, 15% heroes, 25%+ core, 30% elite and 15% rare.

I can either add 10% elite or 5% to any of the other slots.

2650 points.

Due to German comp, I can only:

- bring either hellcannon or magma cannon

- bring either destroyer or iron daemon

I’m expecting two Tzeentch flyers with a 2+ ward against fire, so I’m leaving the K’daii at home - even the destroyer.

So far, I’ve settled on:

Sorceror Lord, level 4, Lore of Hashut

Tau’ruk

BSB

Level 1 Metal

30 Blunderbusses

20 Hobgoblins

4 Renders

Iron Daemon

Hellcannon

2x Wolfriders

I have decided against the Destroyer as to not be cancelled by a cheap flying hero.

And since the WoC is prone to stand back and just use shadow magic and the hellcannon to get a minor win (enough to claim the province), I think my own hellcannon is better than the magma cannon.

Now, for the remaining points, I’m considering these ‘packages’:

Package A: 5 Renders, so two units altogether

Package B: 2 Deathshriekers

Package C: Something else entirely? Please explain … :slight_smile:

MLP:

Those rules are stupid as they are restricting rares against specials!

So you can have a Destroyer and a Hellcannon?! That is the worse combination in my eyes!

I chose A Bull Centaurs should be pretty decent using great weapons against WoC, deathshriekers probably wont be strong enough.

I do think that you’ll need more than 20 hobgoblins in a unit to be effective though.

Mutter:

Thanks for the answer.

The hobs are really only there to fill core (can’t have more than 30 BB - otherwise I would … :P), so I’m not expecting a lot from them.

MLP:

Fair enough! Be careful with that big unit though especially against Tzeench magic! A sneaky template/vortex spell could cause all sorts of problems!

Samanos:

lol what kind of comp is this?

dont worry if you cant field a destroyer, use fireborn. people tend to underestimate them

Mutter:

Well, I don’t really fancy having a flying BSB with re-rollable 1+ save and a 2+ fire ward in them, so I don’t think I wanna take that risk …

Hashut’s Blessing:

A daemonsmith or two, with lore of metal. They have a few decent boosts and nerfs in them and if you get any damaging spells, he’s buggered. Also, it allows you to make maximum use of your warmachines and an extra shot or two with pistols and there’s naptha bombs too. Although I just noticed that you have several characters, just as one block so it looks like it’s stuff for the sorcerer-prophet (I skimmed, lol).

Spearate them out nd state exactly what they have and we can work from there :wink:

Mutter:

Level 4, Lore of Hashut, with 4+ ward, the shield that ignores first hit, scroll, ironcurse thingy, blood of hasut

Level 1, lore of metal, nothing … :slight_smile:

MLP:

Maybe consider having lore of metal on your lord? will be good if it’s mostly knights, warriors and characters.

Mutter:

Nah, I think I’m too addicted to ‘Ashstorm’ … :wink:

And Metal is too much of a gamble - he might come with huge hordes of marauders, for all I know, and stay with his characters inside units till zipping out.

I think I’ll profit more from the Lore of Ashstorm …

khedyarl:

Given that he said it was for a campaign game, the comp rules are probably due to territory owned, or something similar.