[Archive] CD 8th Edition Game Workshop (CD) errata

chiccovr:

But some of you know that there is a correction to the book of the armies of Chaos Dwarfs launched by GW?

All use RH, I do not know if this is newer … but still leave you the link!

Sorry if it is written in Italian, but not found in English … cmq the link is coming from the GW site!

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1320001a_ITA_NaniDelCaos_FAQ

zobo1942:

Can anyone translate it?

Here’s what it says, translated through Chrome:

Chaos Dwarfs NOTE: This update is designed to allow players of the Chaos Dwarfs to play the new edition of Warhammer. It is in no way be considered official. If you want to bring Chaos Dwarfs in the tournament, organizers ask first whether it will admit. CORRECTION TO PDF Add Special Rules: The Lords of Chaos Dwarfs can have up to 100 points of magic items, the heroes up to 50 points. Trombones: add “The Trombones have the special rule Slow to pull.” Great heroes, special rules to replace 'The Great Taurus is immune to attacks based on the fire, has a BAC of 4 +, and breathe fire in FO3. The Lammasu generates +2 Nuts Dispersion spells directed against him and / or those who ride. “With” The Great Taurus is immune to attack a Base of Fire CT has a 4 + and a puff A Base of Fire in FO3. The Lammasu has Magic Resistance (2) “Hobgoblin, special rules replace the word” troops “with the word” unity "Vilcanaglie, special rules Ignore the references to the encirclement Torocentauri, special rules Ignore the references to the Force Unit Types Infantry troops: Shah Arcistregone, Satrapi, Sorcerer. Hobgoblin Hero, Warriors of Chaos Dwarf, Hobgoblin, Orc Warriors, Goblin, Orc Blacks, Vilcanaglie Cavalry: Hobgoblin on Wolf Beast War: Torocentauro Satrapi, Torocentauri Monsters: Great Taurus, Lammasu Machines War: Missile, ballistics, Squassaterr

Not that it makes much sense… “The Lammasu generates +2 Nuts Dispersion spells”, “The Trombones have the special rule Slow to pull.” Huh?

Nicodemus:

Not that it makes much sense... "The Lammasu generates +2 Nuts Dispersion spells", "The Trombones have the special rule Slow to pull." Huh?

zobo1942
+2 Nuts... pure win!! ;P

I think the translation is taking some of the terms too literally (nuts=dice) so, +2 dice for dispelling

Trombones=blunderbusses.
Blunderbusses are Slow to Fire, where Fire=Pull (the trigger).
Slow to Fire means they can't be used to Stand and Shoot.

Nice find and translation though!! Thanks guys! :hat off
~N

furrie:

There are some more terms where I scratched my head, like Torocentauro Satrapi

Tarrakk Blackhand:

So wait…which is better here, as this is clearly stated as “Unofficial” - this erratta, or ours?

Thommy H:

This has already been found and discussed a while ago - it’s not “official”; it was put together by the GW Italy web team, and doesn’t necessarily reflect the opinions of the GW design team. Also, frankly, there’s quite a lot of questionable things in it.

chiccovr:

Can anyone translate it?

Here's what it says, translated through Chrome:

Chaos Dwarfs NOTE: This update is designed to allow players of the Chaos Dwarfs to play the new edition of Warhammer. It is in no way be considered official. If you want to bring Chaos Dwarfs in the tournament, organizers ask first whether it will admit. CORRECTION TO PDF Add Special Rules: The Lords of Chaos Dwarfs can have up to 100 points of magic items, the heroes up to 50 points. Trombones: add "The BLUNDERBUSS
have the special rule Slow to Fire." Great heroes, special rules to replace 'The Great Taurus is immune to attacks based on the fire, has a BAC of 4 +, and breathe fire in FO3. The Lammasu generates +2 Dice Dispersion spells directed against him and / or those who ride. "With" The Great Taurus is immune to attack a Base of Fire CT has a 4 + and a puff A Base of Fire in FO3. The Lammasu has Magic Resistance (2) "Hobgoblin, special rules replace the word" troops "with the word" unity "SneakyGits, special rules Ignore the references to the encirclement BullCentaurus, special rules Ignore the references to the Force Unit Types Infantry troops: Shah, Arcistregone, Satrapi, Sorcerer. Hobgoblin Hero, Warriors of Chaos Dwarf, Hobgoblin, Orc Warriors, Goblin, Orc Blacks, SneakyGits Cavalry: Hobgoblin on Wolf Beast War: Bullcentaurus Satrap, Bullcentaurus Monsters: Great Taurus, Lammasu Machines War: Death rocket, Bolt Thrower, EarthShaker

Not that it makes much sense... "The Lammasu generates +2 Nuts Dispersion spells", "The Trombones have the special rule Slow to pull." Huh?

zobo1942the translation, the lammasu, creates 2 dispel dice for him and who rides! correct!

Tromboni = blunderbuss
Vilcanaglie = Sneakygits
Missile = Death Rocket
Squassaterrra = EarthShaker
Balista = Bolthrower
Torocentauri = BullCentaurus

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can work out most of it from the translation presented, but, as Thommy H said, much of it is questionable. Blunderbusses just became even more useless when using that FAQ in 8th edition. To be perfectly honest, since it’s unofficial, I’d recommend asking if you can use the CDO one because it doesn’t change anything that isn’t to make it fit into 8th edition (like adding Slow to Fire).

AssurBahniZharr:

It seems chiccovr is a new, vital and enthusiastic italian supporter of CDs ^^

With some out of date revelationXD

I posted myself that unofficial “errata”. As correctly stated by grim it was made by GWHQ event manager in Rome and I must say I found it more than questionable…

Recently Italians can play again CDs in indipendent tournament in what we call Classic Type Tornaments (one of the 3 we have, another is “Euro” as developed by guys of ETC). It seems we have used CDO suggestions, or at least we have been able to do something similar

(I haven’t checked it yet).

Anyway in the meantime I’m really looking forward to Tamurkhan

Nicodemus:

To be perfectly honest, since it's unofficial, I'd recommend asking if you can use the CDO one because it doesn't change anything that isn't to make it fit into 8th edition (like adding Slow to Fire).

Hashut's Blessing
Not to mention the fact that those blunderbusses have a massively wide barrel and even larger opening, which should have speed the filling of what ever junk can be shovelled into it!! I don't even see a fluff reason why they should be slow to fire, quite the opposite in fact!

~N

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Who ever thought up that rule should get a spanking!

Thommy H:

I think giving them Slow to Fire was to sidestep the whole issue of using them to stand and shoot. The annoying thing about that, of course, is that a weapon like the blunderbuss is surely designed to be used against an enemy charging into their teeth, when sheer weight of fire is more important than accuracy. They should be better at standing and shooting, not worse.

Baggronor:

Slow to Fire for weapons that re already extremely difficult to get much out of in 8th… hmmm… :~

They should be Quick to Fire imo. That way you might actually hit more than the front rank of an enemy unit before they come zooming into combat.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Nico: The prime fluff reason for it being so idiotic, but didn’t mention it, yet.

Thommy H: Quite concur.

Baggronor: Not sure how it’d work with BBs, unless it was fire when the models are in base to base or 1" away…

Baggronor:

Baggronor: Not sure how it'd work with BBs, unless it was fire when the models are in base to base or 1" away...
Well, currently, people tend to charge from 11"(ish) away and you hit the first 1-2 ranks because stand and shoot is done as soon as the target is in range. I find its better to march up closer so the fire zone covers more of the target then stand and shoot when they charge, as you hit more of the enemy. This is doable now and thats how I tend to use them.
If they were Slow to Fire, I wouldn't bother with them. At all.

Giving them Quick to Fire might be overkill I suppose, but they certainly shouldn't be Slow.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Apologies, I had decided that Quick to Fire meant that you could fire regardless of how close they were when charging.

With the actual rule (rather than the one I made up for no reason at all, lol :stuck_out_tongue: ), I completely agree and it frankly makes sense. The point of a blunderbuss was that it was a musket with a wide barrel-mouth to accomodate speedier reloading (another reason it’s a good choice of firearm for coahcmen), so it should be quicker to fire/reload than the handguns used by Dwarfs/the Empire…

Baggronor:

Apologies, I had decided that Quick to Fire meant that you could fire regardless of how close they were when charging.
? It does.

All I was saying was that I prefer to march em up close and do a good stand and shoot with the enemy wholly within the fire zone, and that seems to yield better results. This only works if they can Stand and Shoot.

Quick to Fire means you can always stand and shoot and suffer no penalties for moving and shooting iirc (which BBs don't anyway). If BBs got this, it would make the above tactic even more usable.

No standing and shooting for BBs would mean no shooting at all about 50% of the time, as infantry charge so far now; if they rolled high, they could be on you before you fired a single volley, which is ridiculous.

Apologies if I made no sense. It happens a lot.

Nicodemus:

Apologies if I made no sense. It happens a lot.

Baggronor
Totally made sense to me...
Slow to Fire seems crippling to the point that I would consider shelving them unless I had a very large army and could ensure that they had the support of other units around them.

While they work well as they stand now, Quick to Fire would be fantastic and in-line with the intention of the blunderbuss... because I could Chaos Dwarfs even reaching down to their feet and scooping up a handful of rocks and debris and dumping that in to fire at enemies or slaves once they've run out of lead and metal scraps to shoot ;)

Hashut’s Blessing:

My excuse is that it was my gf’s 21st birthday. Your post does make sense, I just decided that you were saying the rule allows you to march and shoot.

That’s what you get for forgetting!

But, I agree completely - Slow to Fire means never firing unless you are VERY tricksy and stop an enemy unit/speed up yours etc. Quick to Fire makes little difference, ultimately, but is completely fitting and makes them a little less pointless.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah…what a way to nerf the Blunderbusses!