[Archive] CD against Skaven 2400

Honeym123:

Hi!

I’m frequently playing a skaven player (used to play Ogre Kingdoms) and I’m having a problem beating him - some of my biggest problems are the A-Bomb and the gutter runners (When I played OK the initiave grenade and spells were a problem too, but not so much now). I can’t figure out what do against him. We play 2400 p ETC. He useally use:

1 A-bomb

2 blocks of slaves of 40

2-3 rat darts

2x10 Gutterrunners

1-3 engineers

1 grey seer

1 regiment of plaugemonks

1 regiment of something else (a little better than slaves)

1 warp lightning cannon

1-3 weapon teams

We play with the ETC restrictions.

Can anyone give me some advice since I would really want to beat him up side down - it dosent matter how “though” the list is and if there would be frowned upon it in the tournament enviorment. He needs to be beaten by the evil dwarfs !:hashut

All advice would be deaply appriciated

Ceann Fine:

Hellcannons for the -1 Ld checks are incredible against skaven, K’daai can deal with any a bombs floating around, plaguemonks aren’t really an issue s3 isn’t doing much to CD’s. What sort of list do you run?

Honeym123:

Hellcannons for the -1 Ld checks are incredible against skaven, K'daai can deal with any a bombs floating around, plaguemonks aren't really an issue s3 isn't doing much to CD's. What sort of list do you run?

Ceann Fine
I usally run something like:

1 SP LVL 4 - Lore of shadow
2 Deamonsmiths (for safegaurding cannons) lvl 1 with spirit leach
1 Infernal Castellan

20 Infernal Gaurds
23 Blunderbuss

1 k'daai destroyer
1 hell cannon

1 DS rocket
1 EQ cannon

But I have a problem with the gutterrunners sniping out my smiths and his Grey seer throwing Cracks Call through and especially his WPL.

Kind regards

Samanos:

Hellcannons for the -1 Ld checks are incredible against skaven, K'daai can deal with any a bombs floating around, plaguemonks aren't really an issue s3 isn't doing much to CD's. What sort of list do you run?

Ceann Fine

1 Infernal Castellan

20 Infernal Gaurds
23 Blunderbuss

1 k'daai destroyer
1 hell cannon

1 DS rocket
1 EQ cannon

But I have a problem with the gutterrunners sniping out my smiths and his Grey seer throwing Cracks Call through and especially his WPL.

Kind regards

Honeym123
CD do not have access to lore of shadow...
what is the EQ cannon??

Honeym123:

Ceann Fine

1 Infernal Castellan

20 Infernal Gaurds
23 Blunderbuss

1 k'daai destroyer
1 hell cannon

1 DS rocket
1 EQ cannon

Kind regards

Honeym123
CD do not have access to lore of shadow...
what is the EQ cannon??

Samanos
Meant lore of death :)

EQ = Dreadquake mortar - this is only when i don't take the hell cannon - otherwise I use the flamecannon.