[Archive] CD as part of the new Mortal of Chaos Book

Ingrown:

That the excuse they gave, not saying it won’t change IF models are brought out. I can see where they’re coming from though, not everyone can do beards that well, even with Xander’s excellent tutorials and for many its too much work for an army, notably the majority of GW customers who are kids, if there was already a kit with CD parts in it they could just combine parts, like with zombie pirates, kroot mercs…

I see your point though

Willmark:

Indeed GWs seeming reluctance to even acknowledge veteran gamers is indeed puzzling. I’m fine with them targeting the 9 year old “Space Marines are cool” crowd. I just can figureout the reluctance to support the gamer crowd as well.

What GW might want to consider is the fact that someone could very easily do a open GL ruleset of their entire game including armybooks… Food for thought GW.

al-hashut:

Is the journal still going? Perhaps their relying on that to keep the long beards entertained.

Failing that there’s the General’s Compendium…but i wasn’t terribly impressed

Auretious Taak:

dam i've got the old wd you yanks and your getting every thing first it a british copany :mad

Godbob and his jolly rogers
Gotta hate the differing editions, in Australia we missed outon both the Mordheim campaign and the necromunda campaign and considering there is a solid but small local community for Mordheim in Australia then curse them.

It's nice that the hellcannon will stick around, the model is cool and it keeps mention of the chaos Dwarfs real. To anyone saying the army doesn't exist, there's no such thing as Chaos Dwarfs, well here you go. What will be interesting is how the background is portrayed in the army book entry and how much the Chaos Dwarfs are mentioned as a whole. GW could expand on the current bit of info easily, but we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Auretious Taak.

wallacer:

Unfortunately CD aren’t mentioned much at all in the new WoC army book.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Have you read all the contents yet? Highly suspicious this is, wallacer! :wink:

Well I have pre-ordered the spearhead and I can’t wait to read all the cool stuff in the new army book. I’m quite sure the Chaos Dwarfs will get a fair share of mention.

Thommy H:

They’ll certainly appear in the Hellcannon background, and possibly in relation to Juggernauts. That would be about it though.