[Archive] CD Doomseekers?

Grimstonefire:

I was planning to start this with a pic of the new khorne guy swinging what looks like a flaming anvil around on a chain, but I can’t seem to find a link now!

Anyhow, I’ve been thinking about this and if anyone should be swinging a flaming anvil around it should be a chaos dwarf zealot!

Would a doomseeker concept be in keeping fluffwise do you think?

We did have the berserkers back in the day.

Hill_Billy_Bub:

I’d say a good concept is a chaos dwarf dwarf half mutated lammasu or bull centuar, or half machine because for me chaos dwarfs seem to orderly and obedient to become stuff like slayers or berserkers

Abecedar:

I think so. The VD Doomseekers were versions of a slayer with special rules that had the two chain axes, is that right?

So I definitely think a “Zealot” of ours would fit in quite easily.

Hill_Billy_Bub:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Fantasy-Age-of-Sigmar-Dwarf-Slayer-Doomseeker-Metal-OOP-Storm-of-Chaos-/252090646311?hash=item3ab1c5ff27

yep they had the two chain axes, they were part of a slayer army list for storm of chaos, right now my brother is trying to make an army like that but doesn’t have these yet

TheHoodedMan:

A mad and frenzied follower of Hashut, who received the blessing of the Father of Darkness, swinging a chain with a white hot anvil at the end is a really glorious picture!

Great idea :hat off

cornixt:

I always like the idea of CD Berserkers. Which reminds me, I need to finish painting my unit of Slayers I want to use as Berserkers, so many projects half complete!

I’ve given them black hair and used a tiny permanent marker to write runes all over their bodies.

Grimstonefire:

I wrote a story for a special character many moons ago about a guy who went crazy making daemon weapons for WoC, he was chained to his anvil but broke free.

As a broader concept I guess that would be a good basis for many berserker loners. Driven mad by nature of work and furious at CD society for chaining them to to it.