[Archive] CD flash game

furrie:

I thinking about making a CD game in flash (it won’t be a multi player game). Now I want to ask you what you would like to see in such a game and if you think its a good idea.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, it could be one of those games where it’s an Earthshaker cannon, firing trajectory, power of shot and stuff. Could launch hobgoblns for sliding shots and earthshaker rounds to remove obstacles. Further distance the better. It could be a CD running (your view from behind) constantly and enemies pop up and you shot/hack them. Not sure what other sort of things ya could do…

Captain Crayon:

I love the idea of the earthshaker game.

I spose it depends on whether you want it to be funny or serious… as serious as toy soldiers can be at least :stuck_out_tongue:

- an earthshaker launching slaves at a big target

- whack a mole type thing with hobgoblins popping their heads up and whacking them with a big hammer

- a bull centaur kicking a hobgoblin (with the power and elevation meters) and you see how far you can kick him. could be things like spikes and lava pits and things for him to bounce off that randomly appear to increase or decrease the distance he flies

And i dig the idea of the running dwarf smacking people left and right as they pop up :slight_smile:

furrie:

I might make some sort of sport game, where I can just put everthing in it :stuck_out_tongue:

edit

so what sports do you think CD’s player, sports similair to olympic sports

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, hobgoblin wolfrider racing (for marathons and long distance etc). Hobgoblin Sneaky git Nanja-ing (Pole Vault). Slave sprinting (100m and 200m sprint made by slaves for freedom from the pits). Ranging excercise (earthshaker equivalent of shotput/hammer). Unarmed combat (wrestling between CDs). Can’t remember any other Olympic sports atm.

wallacer:

How about something like whack-a-mole except instead of a mole you have Skaven and Goblins poking their heads up and you have to try to blast them with an earthshaker.

Captain Crayon:

I love the fleeing slaves idea.

And you could make it hurdles by making them have to jump over spike pits or lava flows :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

That’s the idea I was getting at, Captain Crayon. Swimming would be slaves thrown into a pool and made to swim with a shark or something following (it cataches them after two laps or whatever it is, but stays the same distance behind the rest of the time). Stuff like that :smiley:

Captain Crayon:

That's the idea I was getting at, Captain Crayon. Swimming would be slaves thrown into a pool and made to swim with a shark or something following (it cataches them after  two laps or whatever it is, but stays the same distance behind the rest of the time). Stuff like that :D

Hashut's Blessing
haha Best idea ever man.

I love flash games...

Are you gonna pick one idea and just do swimming races or have lots of little games you can play?

furrie:

just some mini games, just need to find time to begin :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks, Captain Crayon. I try :stuck_out_tongue:

furrie, are the ideas helping though? Hope ya can find some time fairly soon, as they will be as cool as bare buttock in the Arctic Circle…

furrie:

I began on the swimming game now, I have some test graphics for the shark and the slave, and now I’m trying to get the shark rotating towards the slave :P, stil need to fix somethings with that, but I can handle that. as soon as the swimming works I will put it online and paste a link in this topic.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Brilliant! (Now, I just gotta hope I get the top score because it was my idea :wink: furrie, rig it!)

furrie:

the shark finally turns towards the slave and the slave can almost swim :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yay! Why almost? :stuck_out_tongue:

furrie:

because you can only turn now, I stil need to think of a way that you swim towards the direction your facing to :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Oh, cool. Can you make it something simple like clicking (I don’t know if that’s simple to make though)? Or do you mean the animation of it?

furrie:

I want to make it so that when you click the up button that the slaves swims that direction and keep going faster till he reached his max or the up button is released.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, I assumed that was the case until you said you could only turn, at which point I guessed up was up, left, left and so on… Maybe have it alternate between up and down to get the speed up and if you stop, the shark eats you (if that can happen).

Arakagaan Calasson:

I see it’s a while since nayone posted here, but is this still in dev?

I’m planning a javascript game which may/may not include a vaguely CD type playable race at completion.