[Archive] CD Juggernaught

metro_gnome:

i don’ think Thymbrin was a khorne worshipper…
besides theres more than a little evidence to suggest Hashut worshipped khorne himself…

Willmark:

Perhaps they are from the “Reformed Church of Khorne” a.k.a. The Church of Hashut)

Tallhat:

Hashut worshipped Khorne? Are we talking about Hashut as a Daemon Prince?

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

aye… more than a little fluff about that…

yes willmark its like chaos dwarfs are protestants…

Tallhat:

Where in Hashuts name has that fluff been printed??

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

well i believe it was cut from the WHRP book… for whatever reason…

but Hashut as Khornate is included in Liber Chaotica Khorne… if that helps you somehow…

zagor66:

Yes , in one story wasnt hashut a bloodthirster that dabbled in magic , cast down and hunted by khorne.

Tallhat:

Could you maybe post that stuff?

- Tallhat

zagor66:

If you go to Wikipedia and type in Hashut or gods of chaos it will give you a list of persons related to “The Dark Ones”. But not to sure on how to post that? New to the place.

metro_gnome:

Yes , in one story wasnt hashut a bloodthirster that dabbled in magic , cast down and hunted by khorne.

zagor66
hehe... i believe i made that story up...

this is the original fluff... that everyone wishes would go away...
Quote:
"One of the Daemon Princes, Hashut, revolted against the Lords of Chaos. Khorne swatted Hashut away and sent other Daemon Princes with their retinues to slay the defiant daemon...The Chaos Incursion ignored the Dark Lands until Hashut's revolt against the Lords of Chaos. Fleeing from the Daemon Princes sent by the Blood God to destroy him, Hashut made his stand in the Dark Lands. The savage battles they fought boiled away the rivers and left the land a desiccated ruin. The servants of the Daemon Princes destroyed Goblin and Hobgoblin villages to deny Hashut any possible allies.

These new (though unwitting) allies gave Hashut the opportunity to turn against his pursuers. He killed many, but Khorne always sent more. Knowing they would eventually overwhelm him, Hashut withdrew into the underground darkness to rebuild his strength. Khorne's slaves followed and finally cornered their quarry in a large underground cavern. Suffering from their own wounds, the followers of the Blood God imprisoned Hashut behind a great door of brass and darkened iron to hold him till Khorne saw fit to exact his vengeance in person..."

"...Unlike their western brethren, the Dwarf clans of the Mountains of Mourn didn't receive Grungni's warning before the Warpgates collapsed and Warpdust seeped into their settlements. Yet, the eastern Dwarfs realised that something was amiss and closed their doors. A surge of Warp matter obliterated the Dwarfs' surface entrances and entrapped them below. For hundreds of years, the Dark Lands Dwarfs were trapped underground. No matter where they tunnelled, impenetrable rock prevented them from reaching the surface. The Dwarfs burrowed ever-deeper, always seeking a way past the rock that trapped them.

They eventually tunnelled into a magnificent underground gallery with walls of obsidian. Carefully exploring the cavern, the Dwarfs found a huge sealed door made of brass and darkened iron with arcane writings inscribed on it. Rune Lord Grimdalf the Grey took it upon himself to translate the glyph learn what was beyond the door. After many years, Grimdalf successfully read the script and, as he mouthed the last syllable, the resulting blast tore him apart. The sound of it reverberated throughout the tunnels, as did the roar of whatever it was Grimdalf had set free.

The thing from behind the door was free and Dwarfs were dying. Even when they finally tunnelled out of the earth, the killings continued during the night. In time, fewer died and some Dwarfs were even allowed to return to their fellows with tales of a gigantic creature from the Darkness. With their Dwarfking dead (one of the beast's first victims), the remaining clan leaders selected a delegation to approach the creature in its lair to learn its intent. It told them that its name was Hashut, Father of Darkness, and that he would grant them great power if they worshipped him alone. Hashut told the Dark Lands Dwarfs that their Ancestor Gods abandoned them to the onslaught of Chaos. Should they refuse, promised Hashut, their lines would come to an end and their achievements would be forgotten.

A heated argument broke out between those who saw wisdom in Hashut's words and those who saw forsaking the Ancestor Gods as the first step to damnation. At the height of the debate, weapons were drawn and Dwarf slew Dwarf. Seeing the fight from afar, Hashut granted sorcerous power to those elders who favoured him, tipping the battle in their favour. To honour their new god, the victors sacrificed many of their brethren to Hashut, while they gave others to him as slaves. Some of these he mutated into the beasts that serve him: the Great Taurus and Lammasu. Hashut also took the most ferocious fighters for his cause and shaped them into the Bull Centaurs, his distinguished servants. Lastly, the victorious clan elders were permanently rewarded with powerful sorcerous abilities, which they used to Hashut's glory.

In a final desperate act against their now debased rulers, the remaining Runesmiths revolted against Hashut's new order. But, the corruption of the Dark Lands Dwarfs had even affected the power of the Runesmiths. The battle raged for months, but the Sorcerer-Priests were too strong. The Runesmiths were broken and enslaved, while the more powerful among them were sacrificed to Hashut after several days of ritual torture. With the last vestiges of their former culture removed, the corruption of the Dark Lands Dwarfs was completed. Hashut rewarded them with tusks to mark them as his own, while he granted the most devout cloven hoofs and horns."
and I added this to it to make it not sound so implausable...
it appears my thoughts on it are lost to the warp...
it was something to the effect that Khorne set up several Daemons to the pursuit of crushing Magic...
in times when the destroyer and changer were more at odds...
these princes were assigned a specific type of magic to destroy...
Hysh'ut (Hashut) was one of these daemons...
Hysh meaning "Light magic" and i consiered "ut" to mean the negaitve...
so "Anti-light" or "Father of Darkness"...

in order to combat a magic of a certain type these daemons dwelt heavily on its opposite magic...
so by corruption of the changer all of these daemons (one for each magik type) revolted together...
Hashut standing against the destroyer is a little far fetched... 8-10 of them might make a run for it...
anyway it was an utter failure... and Hashut was the only survivor...
which leads to the story we have above...

i like totally made this bit up... but i dont think it sounds bad...
in this thread... https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5629

zagor66:

So you entered the Wikipedia Hashut bloodthirster story , very sneaky.

metro_gnome:

um no… the “deamon prince” story is correct and taken from the edited bits of WHRPG…
my addendum was added on this forum and long ago on Hand of Hashut only… before the hack…
I have never added anything to any “wiki-thing” ever…

zagor66:

Oh.:hat off

cornixt:

well i believe it was cut from the WHRP book... for whatever reason...

metro_gnome
So are you saying it was never printed or that it was printed once but not after that?

Tallhat:

Metro: Why would people wish for this to go away? That is some amazing fluff there! Love it. I really do.

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

im not really sure why…

i know people were up in arms when they found it on wikipedia a few years ago…

when the wiki-thing became the thing to do…

cornixt… im pretty sure it was cut before publishing… but it was written for the publiction…

cornixt:

Unpublished fluff isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on.

metro_gnome:

fluff isnt worth the paper its printed on…
thats why we call it “fluff”…

and tallhat… case in point…

cornixt:

I have no problem with Hashut being a chaos god (I even created my own Hashut Daemons at one point long ago, the Greater Daemon being called Nightmare Of Terrata), although that “origin of Hashut” fluff would have people saying that he isn’t really a god, just a powerful daemon, even if there isn’t much distinction between the two. None of the other currently used gods have an origins story that is anywhere near similar so it would mark Hashut as being different or “not a real god” even if he is effectively the same.

metro_gnome:

other peoples perception of our god does not concern me… his origins are no different than any lesser god…
i was answering the question on his relation to khorne… to which there is adequate fluff…