[Archive] CD War Engines - Line of Sight

frogbear:

Hi All

With people using the Forgeworld models, and the game being played with Model LOS, how are people using their support weapons that are modelled on a carriage?

a. Are there removable parts or

b. Are people using the actual FW models and taking advantage of the height of the model and not paying for the carriage?

If the answer is ‘b’, don’t tournaments and opponents have a problem with this?

It interests me as I am using the older support weapons (which I am yet to base) and I want to be consistent with what is accepted as standard for any tournament.

Thanks in advance

Vogon:

I’m using the Forge World models as they are sold. I don’t see any advantage/disadvantage to this at all.

Most of the time they’re on top of a hill anyway so any perceived height advantage is moot anyway.

Cheers

vogon

Da Crusha:

well, I have thought of this a lot and since I dont use the forgeworld models I have thought about converting my war machines to closer resemble the the forgeworld ones. that would mean putting them on a carriage. and increasing their “foot print”. my intention is not to get an advantage just use appropriate size models. the biggest differences would be the dreadquake and the earthshaker for example. I wouldn’t want people to complain that they would’ve hit the model (with a template) if it was the appropriate larger size.

since I havent done much to add a carriage Ive been using a base that people agree fit the warmachine best.

nilbog:

Also see this discussion here.

frogbear:

Hmm. I prefer to be at ‘arms length’ on a decision myself.

The other thread had a post that stated that the FW hieght was fine, but if you modelled an old style on a big rock (obviously to reach he same hieght) well that was cheating. Seriously?

rpitts2004:

Hi All

With people using the Forgeworld models, and the game being played with Model LOS, how are people using their support weapons that are modelled on a carriage?

a. Are there removable parts or

b. Are people using the actual FW models and taking advantage of the height of the model and not paying for the carriage?

If the answer is 'b', don't tournaments and opponents have a problem with this?

It interests me as I am using the older support weapons (which I am yet to base) and I want to be consistent with what is accepted as standard for any tournament.

Thanks in advance

frogbear
I use all forgeworld models and have never had any issues with my warmachines, Forgeworld would have models them differently if the carriage thing was going to be an issue. I doubt anyone has ever gotten grief about it. Just remember if you can see them they can probably see you

frogbear:

Thanks all. Gives me a lot to consider. Cheers

Bolg:

... I doubt anyone has ever gotten grief about it...

rpitts2004
Warhammer is played by some serious idiots that do not understand the meaning of the words "Game" and/or "Fun" so I'm super uber sure some people got grief about it.

Sure these people can be ignored but the question is valid (: