[Archive] CDO on facebook

klemanius:

Damn you! now I’m hungry!:hat

Also requested.

Tribun:

OMG…What have I started? Harr, harrr, harrr!

nitroglysarine:

Anyone else think the new facebook ‘conscription’ is kinda lame?

You no longer join groups, oh no your friends put you in them without your consent, and you start having all the spam from groups. It’s now an opt out no longer an opt in.

I’m tempted to leave facebook until they remove this ‘upgrade’

Loki:

I am on there as well Clam should know who i am :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

This could probably start getting a bit more use now that theres models available. Posts could be shared from Forge World and Games Day updates could be posted there.

ryanamandaanna:

requested to join, yo!

Hashut’s Blessing:

It seems that I can only accept one person per day. will try and get through to Sousunou to sort this out :wink:

Bolg:

One person a day, how stupid is that! How does the Justin Biber fanclub handle that?

Hashut’s Blessing:

By having everyone with sense hate them so hard they evaporate :wink:

Pyro Stick:

Couldnt you unlock the group so that anyone can join without needing to be approved? Im sure the group would be much bigger if it wasnt closed with limited public content

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m not able to do so, hence not having already done it.

G.2:

I have just read through this thread, and I don’t think I have been this dazed+confused for a very long time.

Hashut’s Blessing:

G.2: What is it that you’re confused about?

G.2:

I am confused about:

1. You no longer join groups - What?

2. your friends put you in them without your consent - Really?

3. It’s now an opt out no longer an opt in - Your joking?

4. I can only accept one person per day - Surely another joke?

and…

5. Have I joined the Facebook Group…I don’t remember…I am confused…actually…just getting old. Ha ha ha ha. - I am going to facebook now, and see if I have joined, or should I say, if someone has put me there.

Update: Yep, my ugly mug is on there.

Update 2: I have just upload three Chaos Dwarf photos into the photo section. Maybe this can get things started.

Nicodemus:

Secretly… I don’t have the guts/balls/what ever to join such a facebook group, thus connecting the pseudo-real life identity I have on there with any other aspects of my so-called life.

I’m already somehow connected with work-related groups on facebook that just added me, and now my colleagues and collaborators around the world see my family stuff on facebook too. Way too intrusive. Although I don’t clinically have multiple personalities, I make every attempt to cultivate different personas - perosnal hobby stuff, home & family, and work. Folks from work who have seen me with my kids are usaully shocked that I’m not some kind of work-obsessed android that doesn’t know how to have fun. Little do they know I also enjoy excessive drinking and crude and offensive humor :wink:

That… and I cringed a little when I saw a friend of a friend post their Warhammer Fantasy army to their Facebook photos.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I am confused about:

1. You no longer join groups - What?
2. your friends put you in them without your consent - Really?
3. It's now an opt out no longer an opt in - Your joking?
4. I can only accept one person per day - Surely another joke?

and....

5. Have I joined the Facebook Group....I don't remember....I am confused....actually....just getting old. Ha ha ha ha. - I am going to facebook now, and see if I have joined, or should I say, if someone has put me there.

Update: Yep, my ugly mug is on there.

Update 2: I have just upload three Chaos Dwarf photos into the photo section. Maybe this can get things started.

G.2
1: You can still choose to jon. Not sure if you can be added to them without knowing any more though.
2: See above.
3: See above.
4: Not from what I can tell - still trying to accept three people. Sousunou will need to change my permissions to allow me to add more at once.
5: Good to know you're in and trying to get the ball rolling!

Nico: I agree with keeping them separate - that being said, I use Facebook almst exclusively as a contact point and that's about 80% for film/theatre contacts and 20% friends (occassionally family too, lol). I actually created a separate Hashut's Blessing account, but never use it ;)

EDIT: To be honest, I never understood the reasoning behind a FB group for CDO, which I think is why it took so long to start one. Everything you can do on there can be done on here, more easily and organised and using your screen-names so people actually recognise who you are. Not fussed about having it, but I'm still yet to see its purpose, particularly since we had it for no reason for quite some time...

cornixt:

I use Facebook exclusively to keep in contact with my British friends, and keep up with current events in music/tv. Despite not doing anything miniatures-related on there, it seems to occasionally suggest people related to GW.

Keeping my various forums separate gives me a little more security and privacy, so I simply won’t join. It’s not like I don’t come on here every day.

Thommy H:

I’m the same on Facebook as I am on here, just a bit more abrasive and cocksure. I really rein it in for CDO.