[Archive] CDO Ontario Gaming Day - Project?

Time of Madness:

Well I’m sorry if this has came up before, but I’ve noticed a large amount of active CDO members from Southern Ontario (GTA).

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for a day of gaming with people from CDO in Southern Ontario.

If there is enough interest I don’t mind helping to organize the event. I could even take pics and write up a little report for the e-zine if we get it going.

Just some random thoughts, anyone interested?

Time of Madness

Xander:

I’ve been thinking about organizing a meet-up at this year’s Games Day in Toronto.

"Games Day 2009 will take place on June 20, 2009 at the Queen Elizabeth Building at Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario. Tickets cost $25"

http://ca.games-workshop.com/Community/Games_Day/blog/GD_blog.htm

What do you think?

Time of Madness:

Ya that might be a worthwhile idea. I was thinking more of a intimate/small gathering where we could get some games in against eachother.

I go to Games Day with a couple of buddies most years for the Golden Daemons.

Anyone else usually go from here? Maybe we could scoop a table for some games.

Time of Madness

GRNDL:

What? Meet up with other people? Are you crazy?

You might be serial killers or something? Blood crazed, cannibalistic sociopaths who talk to the mummified relatives you keep in the basement, chained to drainpipes…

!!!

Time of Madness:

Ha what part of Canada are you in GRNDL? It’d not listed on your profile.

You interested in the meet?

Time of Madness

Sojourn:

GRNDL, if you ask nicely I might stop by and say hi. :slight_smile: though I doubt I’d go into Gamesday… or I might. hard to say.

Time of Madness:

GRNDL, if you ask nicely I might stop by and say hi. :) though I doubt I'd go into Gamesday... or I might. hard to say.

Sojourn
You should be all for games day!!! The girl to guy ratio has to be at least 1:100 haha (or should I have said girl to geek ration?)

Time of Madness

Willmark:

I might go, have to figure this out… Baltimore or Toronto…

Sojourn:

I might go, have to figure this out... Baltimore or Toronto....

Willmark
come to TO!!!! bring Tracy and Mia and Tristan. I will hang out with them. Tristan is a lucky boy then, given the ratio.

Swissdictator:

Blast… this is very tempting. Mainly to meet so many CDO people.

Money will be the issue, as I’ll have just graduated.

If I can make it, will someone have extra space for a Swissdictator to crash on?

Plus I’ll either need to find a dog sitter here (or if someone can watch little Athena)… :wink:

GRNDL:

@Time of Madness

I keep my location secret so serial killers, cannibals and other undesirables don’t show up at my secret underground base. Its a secret, you know?

I live in Southern Ontario though, so Games Day Toronto is possible. I haven’t gone in several years, though, but at least one of my friends bug me every year to go, even though its a complete waste of time. :slight_smile: Meeting CDO members would make it worthwhile, but then we go back to the serial killers, cannibals and other things issue.

GRNDL, if you ask nicely I might stop by and say hi. :slight_smile: though I doubt I’d go into Gamesday… or I might. hard to say.

Sojourn
That’s very nice of you, but what if I turn out to be a serial killer, cannibal or some other kind of undesirable? And before anyone says anything, I am merely a suspected cannibal. Nothing’s been proven… Also, the last people I met in a situation like this never talked to me again… and they drove all the way from somewhere in the mid-US to see me. Heh. That’ll learn 'em! :slight_smile:

Willmark:

This would be so much easier if the ferry was still going to TO.

Willmark:

Anyone else given thoughts to this, IF I do GD this year I may lean towards TO.

Sojourn:

well, should it be requested, I will try to make an appearance :wink:

Kera foehunter:

lol grndl i gave my address out, to see if i would get them people to visit me!!

swiss just take your cute puppy!! say it you seeing eye dog

Swissdictator:

It really depends on where I’m at, what I’m doing, and if I can get a friend or two to come

swiss just take your cute puppy!! say it you seeing eye dog

Kera foehunter
If I relied on her as a seeing eye dog I’d be in deep trouble. She’s a little… hyper… yes, that’s the word. Nobody would buy that explanation.

Kera foehunter:

yea bring a good friend !!so we can find out funny stuff you have done

Willmark:

well, should it be requested, I will try to make an appearance ;)

Sojourn
Wouldn't that be the whole point for any of us going? :)

Xander:

I will be making an earnest effort to make an appearance. As it is on the weekend, I see no difficulties in this as I work during weekdays, and have my own car.

And I think Sojourn means that despite not playing Warhammer, and having little to do at such a show, she would try to show up just to meet people.

I might try to conscript Vexxus also, otherwise I will take his CDO shirt. I also want to come up with some Business cards for CDO to hand out at the show. :wink:

GRNDL:

And I think Sojourn means that despite not playing Warhammer, and having little to do at such a show, she would try to show up just to meet people.

Xander
LoL, in my experience of Games Day Toronto, even those people not playing warhammer and into the hobby have little to do at such a show...