[Archive] CDO question

Will la tete rouge:

Might be being really stupid but what is a pledge exactly? I have seen it on most peoples signatures.

I am aware of what a pledge is, as in a promise, but want to know what the CDO definition is and whether I should be making 1.

If anyone could help me out, I would be grateful.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s just a public announcement that I’m going to paint ‘X’ number of models this year. Much like some people say “I’m going to lose X number of pounds this year” or “I’m going to run a marathon this year” - because you said it out loud, now you’re publicly accountable to get it done.

Will la tete rouge:

It's just a public announcement that I'm going to paint 'X' number of models this year.  Much like some people say "I'm going to lose X number of pounds this year" or "I'm going to run a marathon this year" - because you said it out loud, now you're publicly accountable to get it done.

Grimbold Blackhammer
Ah ok, in that case I shall have a think and get my pledge sorted.

In fact no, I shall do it now and say,

Ahem, I pledge to have my 2400 point LOA army painted by January 1st 2014.

Doesn't sound that challenging I know but I shall be taking a break from the LOA army though for the summer hols as I have an extra special project sorted for then so only have 7 months to achieve my pledge.

Thanx for the help Blackhammer.

Abecedar:

If you’ve got an ebay addiction… never ever pledge to paint more than you buy

Samanos:

My pledge is to paint up my 2400 army by June… wish me luck :frowning: