[Archive] CDO WAR Guild?

Cryonicleech:

@Hrothgar Goldgreed: It probably isn’t a capital city, but i’m not too sure…

@Minty: I know, I was looking at Black Guard too, but now it’s just kinda lame. I mean, Disciple of Khaine and Witch Guard=Same Class???

@ Gaixo: so you’re probably not going to join???

minty:

deciple of khaine and witch elf are both the same frothing loonies, just dpeends on whether you want a male or female one there and I realy don’t like the cult of khaine, and if it’s anything like WoW, magic classes are boring to play, so that cuts out the sorcererss

and until recently, destruction had the best classesm, then they all just vanished when mythic realised we where all going to choose destruction, so rather than increase the attractiveness of good, they just dropped everything that looked cool

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

well then with BG gone it seems i’ll be a disciple of khain think of a name i’ll be drakcore bloodtear wow what a great name i’ll use it dreadlord modal :slight_smile:

Gaixo:

Too bad you can’t have last names. :rolleyes: At least not yet.

I guess the idea is to let players be the “elite” classes, but in every zone I find myself wishing I could just be a DE crossbowman, or a Thunderer, or an Imperial duellist/handgunner/whatever. You think they could have at least left the knight-types in for the Empire and DEs.

@CryoLeech: I’m not opposed to joining, I’ll have to take a closer look at the previous pages.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Basically, they decided there were too many classes and removed those that were too similar to others. As for cities, there is one capital on each side (Altdorf and a Temple, for |Empire and Chaos respectively), with sort of “checkpoints” along the way. I’d say a fluffy area to attack would be Greenskins/Dwarfs. A couple of questions, who is definitely in and give us the character you will play most as in the guild? Secondly: who will be the guild founder? Thirdly: standard bearers? Fourthyl: any ideas for guild colours/emblems etc?

I agree with the server idea: One problem… If there aren’t three or more servers beginning with N, I suggest we do the one closest (if there are 2 servers, join the second, if there is one, join that). Also, if there are no N servers, join the next one (O or if there is no O, P and so on) on the first server. Is that easy to understand?

I think the Squig Herder is fairly interesting, lol. I’ll choose which I’ll be most as in the guild after seeing what everybody else is. After all, is everybody is Chosen or similar, I may be better of being a Zealot for example.

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

I’m in and I could be a standard bearer if needed. My class will be squig hunter or black orc.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I think it might be best if we ask who is prepared to be the Guild-head and who is prepared to be a standard bearer, then vote (which we’ll do later.)

Okay, so current list:

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer: Goblin Squig Hunter or Black Orc. (SB candidate.)

Hashut’s Blessing: Undecided. (Guild-head and SB candidate.)

Cryonicleech:

I am definitely in, and will be playing as a Goblin Shaman.

I can be a guild leader, but it is up to the members

i might be a black orc but i like my DE name i’ll chose later

Gaixo:

So is the guild really going to be named Chaos Dwarfs Online? That’s a bit too meta for me. If it’s called the Dawi Zharr Defense League or something along those lines (or anything without "Online or “.com” in it), then I’m in.

I’m not expecting anything to be changed on account of me or laying down conditions, but stuff like that jars me out of immersion pretty quickly.

Filipicusius:

I’m in. I’m a chaos chosen. I too candidate for SB.

Cryonicleech:

@ Gaixo: We could do that too, but right now we need to decide current guild positions.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer: Goblin Squig Hunter or Black Orc. (SB candidate.)

Hashut’s Blessing: Undecided. (Guild-head and SB candidate.)

Cryonicleech: Goblin Shaman. (Guild-head candidate.)

Godbob and his jolly rogers: Black Orc? (Non-candidate.)

Filipicusius: Chaos Chosen. (SB candidate.)

Of course, the name won’t be CDO or anything, I think an in-game name would be better. Also, if we can entitle Guild-heads and Standard Bearers, any ideas of titles? Another though: which server area will we have? I.E. Europe/America etc… I’d suggest Eruope over America (less people=less lag), but I don’t know what other regions there would be. Thoughts?

Filipicusius:

I’m european so i guess the european version is easier to get my hands on here.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I’ve pre-ordered in Europe, but it’s not what setting the game is configured to (that’s to do with power output etc), it’s more what timezone it’ll be. For example, a European server will be in night during an American server’s day time etc.

The Raven:

I’ll probably buy WAR and am willing to join this guild. Dont think I’ll buy it at the release though. I will just wait a week or 2 and then ask you guys for advice in picking my class, I enjoy playing a healer so I’ll pick whatever class does that best.

Mmmm, kinda like Order more then Destruction though…

i’m european just if you want to know and 2 to choose from DE disaplin of khaine and be called drakcore or black orc and be called maddreg help me choose

Gaixo:

I’m in. Probably a DE Sorcerer, though I might switch to any of the greenskins at the last moment. I don’t have a ton of experience with WAR (been in the beta for 2 weeks or so) or with this sort of MMO in general, so I wouldn’t want to hold any special position.

I ordered the Standard Edition, so I won’t be in for the headstart.

Cryonicleech:

I’m in North America, but I don’t mind playing on a European Server…

@ Godbob: we could use a disciple, but it’s really up to you.

On guild name: Maybe something as simple as Dawi’Zharr, but feel free to PM me with your ideas.

I also did not pre-order, so I won’t be there right away, though I will try to get it ASAP

Gaixo:

Yeah, definitely put me down for a Sorcerer.

I’m in the US, but a Euro server is fine with me.