[Archive] Chaos deamons

hobblin:

I heard from a guy at GW that mortals are getting a new seprate codex then he said guess who getting new plastics and only have meatal modles,thats right plastic deamons just thought I’d mention this if they actully do this I’m starting me a deamon hoard.

Sobek:

Very nice. The only thin stopping all-Daemon armies from being a good budget army was the metal models. Now, plastic models+expensive units=great for budget minded folks. I just might make a Daemon army after I finish my CD one (In about 5 years ;))

Uzkul Werit:

This rumour has been doing the rounds for ages. Personally I’d rather be in favour of the plastic Daemonic Steed rumour. With the new general boxsets, I’d love to see this.

Ash:

The only downside to Daemons getting their own Codex, is that the Daemon stats in the Chaos Space Marine Codex will just have generic stats to get players by until the Daemon book is released. So no separate rules Daemonettes, Bloodletter etc.

hobblin:

The only downside to Daemons getting their own Codex

Ash
I said mortals are getting a new codex deamons are getting new modles but no codex(this could happen for chaos dwarfs).

cornixt:

Maybe they should release temporary Daemon rules in WD for until they get their own codex…

Nazhur:

I hope that GW dont dump the rules for diffrent deamons, thats was making deamon fun. I use them very much in my death guard 40k army and I lov them. Lets hope they keep plaguebearers as they are, because they are good :slight_smile:

hobblin:

Thats a good idea cornixt.Also this is for warhammer not 40k.

AGPO:

Just to clear this up…

There will indeed be new plastic lesser daemons released and this will be alongside the new Codex:Chaos Space Marines. The models will be usable with WFB chaos armies as well. From what I’ve heard from staffers there are certainly be plastic bloodletters, daemonettes, horrors anbd plaguebearers, although they do not yet know about fleshhounds, mounted daemonettes, nurglings, screamers and flamers. As these are a 40k supporting release they are likely to either be in units of ten or in their gods chosen number (though this last bit is pure speculation on my part.) The staffer I spoke to said there is also a chance of plastic greater daemons, and there have been rumours of a plastic daemon prince usable for both warhammer and 40k (I do not believe the Daemon Prince part however, as the models would have totally different kit and you’d get beginers turning up for warhammer games with a Kai Gun on their daemon prince or something).

There is a new WA: Chaos release in the pipelines and this may be next year. Judging by the rumours of models circling the web and the fact that daemons don’t have that much flexibility as an army I would say its odds on this will be mortals with daemons as an aside as well, much like Hordes of Chaos. Hope this explains a bit more clearly,

AGPO

Perturabo:

(I do not believe the Daemon Prince part however, as the models would have totally different kit and you'd get beginers turning up for warhammer games with a Kai Gun on their daemon prince or something).

AGPO
This was mentioned in The Watchman. The rumour was of a Daemon Prince kit with the necessary bits to 40k-erise it. I expect that means the odd gun and Power Armour-looking bits.

Traitor King:

Ive heard a bit about this too, they’re very exited abvout it over at TDL. I’ve also heard that the Deamonettes might be made more ‘kiddie friendly’. Not sure and I for one hope thjis is not the case.

Xander:

Hrm… I worked at GW for 5 weeks, I learned some things. snicker

Grimstonefire:

If I remember right, they plan to combine the BoC book as well don’t they? To make Legions of Chaos or something.

If only we could get confirmation on that plastic juggernaut…

Perturabo:

So tell, Vhat do you know?

Name the film!

hal:

If I remember right, they plan to combine the BoC book as well don't they? To make Legions of Chaos or something.
I hadn't heard that, sounds like the best way to do things though- just like old times.

hobblin:

Ya but I hope they fuse the armys again.Chosen chaos knights and are cool dwarfs and deamons a real winner.Oh I also hope the don’t make this unit Chosen chaos pegusus knights"shivers".

AGPO:

I hardly think chaos needs any new units invented, when there’s so much GW have left out. If you’re worried about anything, worry about the return of daemonic cavalry

PS, TK, what’s TDL

PPS: Xander, tell us what you know!

Lord Zarkov:

TDL is 'The Daemonic Legion, a Chaos Daemons forum and part of the Chaos Star, scroll down to the bottom of the forum index to find a link

AGPO:

Thanks Zarkov, now Xander, that only leaves one of my questions unanswered…

Traitor King:

Yep, Zarkovs got it right. they’re part of the chaos star like us. Best deamons site on the net. I dont really post there but its a good site. check it out when you got the time.