[Archive] chaos dwarf armylist in wd

Perturabo:

I’d like to see them focus more on BFG. Besides the core games, that was the only that interested me for any length of time.

I think the Blood Angels update is both an official “Codex”, and a temporary update. I have heard there will be a proper book in the future, but not for many years.

torn:

The guy at the local store told me the new blood angels list was an official filler till a codex is released, as they didnt plan on doing a whole big release thing with new mini’s just yet. As a blood angels player it meant i once again had to re-write my army list. The same reason i stopped playing thousand sons was that the rules kept changing! doh. Anyways its a completely legal list, although some of the changes are positive while others are negative.

I can imagine WD doing this for chaos dwarfs, but if they do i would expect things to change.

AGPO:

I personally enjoy re-writing army lists. As long as I can still use everything and don’t have to buy too much else I like getting new rules as it gives new challenges and oppertunities

torn:

I dont mind extra units, but a complete army overhaul is sometimes too much.

Blood angels arent too bad, but with thousand sons it became at one point my entire army couldnt march, couldnt charge, didnt get any close combat attacks, always had to move etc etc all the units did was move 6" every turn towards the enemy maybes getting a 12" boltgun shot and the sorcerers trying to cast spells to help them. By the time the new codex was released id given up with them (although they were generally successful).

I can imagine if the CD did get an overhaul blunderbuss rules would change and bull centaurs would possibly be taken out in favor of an infantry based special unit, to stop the confusion.

edit: just got a great idea, instead of bull centaurs, mutated bull dwarfs, like beastmen with a mix of bulls and dwarfs!

wallacer:

Instead of Bull Centaurs they could have Minotaurs.

If CD can like Bull Centaurs so much because they have the bodies of Bulls then surely it can’t be much of a stretch for them to like Minotaurs because they have Bull Heads?

torn:

of course this all moves too close to chaos beastmen. Minotaurs maybes as a rare choice, because lets face it bulls are Hashut’s.

dedwrekka:

I’ve asked several sources of GW info and have gotten nothing but the same answer from three of them closest to GW: There is some interest in GW to redo the Chaos Dwarfs, but it will be in a time when they have the opportunity to release new miniatures as well and are able to devote a good portion of time to reworking them. They also have no plans to release an army list in white dwarf as the model range is unavailable even in classic/collectors form.

cornixt:

GW like to redo armies in the middle and at the end of an update cycle. In the 6th edition these armies were Tomb Kings in the middle and Ogre Kingdoms at the end (Gav pretty much admitted Ogres replaced the CD update because they were more ‘different’)

AGPO:

As I have said before, any update will be with a full minatures range as there is no way GW will bring back the old big hats, they just don’t fit any more.

Revlid:

Exactly. Blood Angels and Wood Elves were given temporary updates because there were no plans to redo them soon, and they had a full model range (that wasn’t too far off the planned “new look”) to show in the list.

AGPO:

I think we’re all agreed it’ll probablly be a full update wityh army book and minis or nothing at all then. As CDs are certainly “on GW’s to do list” according to many sources, maybe the future’s not so bleak… what am I talking aout, this s the Darklands, the futures always bleak!