[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl Team

scottp:

Hi all,

I’ve been inspired by the new Greebo range of models, and I’ve placed through an order.  I like to double up on my models though so I was thinking that I convert up a dwarf team for use with the Chaos Dwarf models.

Here’s the models that will be arriving shortly.

To make up the other team I need to find and convert around 6/7 models and I’m chasing some help, and from looking around you guys seem to be THE place for Chaos Dwarf info!  

Models needed.

Dwarf Troll Slayer

My idea for this is basicly a bald lighly armoured version, with a Chaos Dwarf beard sculpted on. Maybe a mohawk… They are normally characterised by their wild hair.  So I want something Chaos Dwarfy that people can recognise as different from the above models.  Original Troll Slayer as a reference.

Dwarf Blitzer

I’m thinking I can probably convert up two from the Greebo range and enclose the face in a full metal mask.  Are there any models that people can think of that have an enclosed mask already?  Here is the Dwarf version for reference.

Dwarf Runner

This is the one I’m most unsure about.  They are lightly armoured, and are more designed for running than bashing.  I’ve been looking for a model that I could convert up, but nothing really stands out.  The other option I’ve been playing around with is a moderately armoured Hobgoblin to represent the runner.  Maybe convert up the Greebo ones above with some more armour.  Classic Dwarf as a reference.

Dwarf Death Roller

This one I think I could go really nuts on, as Chaos Dwarves seem to have a huge amount of mechanical toys to play around with.  Any suggestions on models that I could use as a base?  This is what the most recent one looks like.

So thanks for taking the time to check this out. Would apreciate any model suggestions with the makers name so I can chase them up!

scottp

vulcanologist:

I forgot about the Greebo Chaos Dwarfs! They are very nice indeed! not a fan of the hobgoblins but the Chaos Dwarfs are excellent!

scottp:

Yeah, I’m not sold on the Hobgoblins myself. They look list Str 2 instead of Str 3 models.

Da Crusha:

scottP: Im not really sure what you are asking for. do you want to convert the Greebo minis to use as a Dwarf Team? or do you want to convert some Dwarfs to use as a Chaos Dwarf Team? or do you want to convert a Dwarf Team to look like Chaos Dwarves but use as a Dwarf Team?

scottp:

Sorry for the confusion :slight_smile:

I plan on using the Chaos Dwarf models for a Dwarf team, and just chasing any suggestions for possible models that people have. The hardest part I’ve found is finding places to purchase Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblin models.

I’m currently looking at converting up 2 models to represent Chaos Dwarf Slayers, 2 more for Chaos Dwarf Blitzers, and 2 more as Chaos Dwarf Runners… but I think I might just look at getting some Hobgoblins instead. Don’t like the idea of a Chaos Dwarf running.

Is there a section on this forum with a list of places to purchase Chaos Dwarves from?

Again, thanks for undulging me!

ulmo:

Sorry for the confusion :)

I plan on using the Chaos Dwarf models for a Dwarf team, and just chasing any suggestions for possible models that people have.  The hardest part I've found is finding places to purchase Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblin models.

I'm currently looking at converting up 2 models to represent Chaos Dwarf Slayers, 2 more for Chaos Dwarf Blitzers, and 2 more as Chaos Dwarf Runners... but I think I might just look at getting some Hobgoblins instead.  Don't like the idea of a Chaos Dwarf running.

Is there a section on this forum with a list of places to purchase Chaos Dwarves from?

Again, thanks for undulging me!

scottp
Hi,:hat off

I've just commanded these guys on greebo and i'm wondering how I will paint them.
Could you post or send me some fotos of yours to give me ideas please ?

If someone else painted these minis, I would take your comments.

Thanks,

Ulmo