[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Bloodbowl Team

Merchant:

- The plain shoulder pads are from Space Marines. I used clippers to cut down the curve, then did a lot of filing to get it smoother and rounded. After that I just filed down the pad in general on the two flat sides to get the rim thinner. In essence I just tried to get the shape to match the Warhammer Chaos Marauder shoulder pads, which are the pads with arrows, wider banding etc.

Geckilian
Okay thanks mate - one thing come to me this day, the parts you use to make your hobgoblins with - is it all Empire Flagellants or did you use some other parts (I know that the heads are Night Goblins ;) )
As said before - I'll hope to see more from you in a near future :cheers

Geckilian:

Aside from the obvious carved down then green stuffed BfSP Goblin heads and hat bottoms, they’re entirely made from Empire Flagellants. I figured as potential slaves, an emaciated look with manacles suited them.

AGPO:

I’d never have thought of the flagellents as hobbos. I may try that one now

Merchant:

Aside from the obvious carved down then green stuffed BfSP Goblin heads and hat bottoms, they're entirely made from Empire Flagellants. I figured as potential slaves, an emaciated look with manacles suited them.

Geckilian
Okay thanks mate :) I' might use a similar style for my Hobgobbos too - if you don't mind (well I hope you don't)

All my respect to you and your great idea and work with it :cheers
Cheers mate :cheers

Geckilian:

Thanks AGPO and Merchant. I have absolutely no problem with other people using Flagellants, it’s a free idea after all. Plus can you imagine how difficult it would be for me to stop anyone else making them like that? I’m just pleased the design has inspired others to try it.

Vexxus:

Love it! If I wasn’t working hard on a mordheim band I might consider doing one of these… though I have to say that CD models are more interchangeable with WFantasy, and thus ave more of an appeal to me… that being said these coversions and paint jobs are nice and give a refreshing glance into other possibilities for the CD theme!

clam:

WOW! - awesome Geckilian - truely awesome! And those flagellents conversions are so well preformed - I think I’ll have to try that out too.

Fridericus_Rex:

Please give us more from those BB! Very cool. Love the second hobgoblin.

Merchant:

Thanks AGPO and Merchant. I have absolutely no problem with other people using Flagellants, it's a free idea after all. Plus can you imagine how difficult it would be for me to stop anyone else making them like that? I'm just pleased the design has inspired others to try it.

Geckilian
I just wanna have your "okay" for it, so I can give you some credit for the idea - But thanks man :cheers
- Now I'll try my luck with them and see where it takes me, I'll be back with some pictures later this week

Cheers mate and again thanks :cheers :)

Geckilian:

No worries Merchant.

For this update a fair amount has been done, and I hope it’s alright to post some WIP here, since I wasn’t the one to make the thread in the Showcase section, heh. After winning a certain eBay auction, I managed to get the figures I’ll be using to represent the star player Madeye and my Apothecary. I had to clip an axe off the figure for Madeye, but a little sculpting and all was well. Plus, to explain how the ball fires from his weapon, I made a Blood Bowl version of the Nerf ball, a Nelf ball!

I also managed to nearly finish painting the last two Hobgoblins, were it not for my friend forgetting to bring spare BfSP goblins for the 4th week in a row. Luckily my local GW had 2 of them spare, so once I got home it was just a question of cutting, filing and sculpting to make the two heads look unique. Hopefully the expressions will be clearer once they’re painted.

I also managed to get the Minotaur and Assistant Coach (inspirational trophy) finished:

Not only that, but I also managed to paint up the whole team’s numbers, using the numbers from the Dark Tongue in the Hordes of Chaos army book, purely as I reckon it’s better than normal numbers:

Lastly, here’s a team shot to show them all so far. I only need to finish the Nelf ball, Madeye, the Apothecary and two Hobgoblin heads. Not far at all now.

They’re also doing well in games, taking out Goblins at a highly respectable rate and actually inflicting deaths for a change.

Fridericus_Rex:

Just nice. Love the bazookas ;-). Yeah! More Hobbos! And now you’ve also got a football! Love the minotaur and the trophy!

Glad to see more.

Kera foehunter:

i like the cool minotaur.Great paint job.

Xander:

Please enter this into a Golden Demon, open category! :slight_smile:

Fridericus_Rex:

Please enter this into a Golden Demon, open category! :)

Xander
Oh yeah! Please do it! You will win gold!

Merchant:

I just love that BB-Team - When I’m closer to get my CD army completed, I’ll might take up that project my self and make a BB-CD Team of my own :slight_smile:

Willmark:

The trophy reminds me of Lord Stanley’s Mug!

Great job on the bases too. Consider that idea stolen for my halflings team.

Geckilian:

Thanks for all the comments everyone. This is most likely the final update for the Chaos Dwarf team. I’ve finished the entire team now, having painted the Star Player Madeye, the Apothecary, the 2 Hobgoblin head and the Nelf ball.

Here’s the final team, completed:

I’ll be entering them in to the local GW store painting competition, so here’s hoping. At any rate, I’ll be starting up a Chaos Dwarf army, and though the first army list plan didn’t really have any Hobgoblins, it looks like I may need them for mobility… ah well.

al-hashut:

Looking good. Personally, i think the apothacary needs a needle for his large hypodermic, it still looks rocket like, but if you don’t want to drill a hole into a painted miniature then thats understandable.

Will your CD army sport the same colour scheme?

Fridericus_Rex:

Just wonderfull. Love the color sheme. Love the bazooka :smiley:

Xander:

Huzzah! Hashut be praised!

Well done sir. You have really been an inspiration!