[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Build, Trying to lock somthing in before Forge World Order!

Gunnerson:

So I am looking for some suggestions to get me started. I just ordered the FWchaos dwarf book and itll be here in a couple of weeks. I have not had much chance to see anyone elses copy and am not too sure of build options. The army wont be too cheap to build between FW and Ebay. I am looking for about 2500 points ultimatley. What are a couple of good builds? Or at least what are some units to never leave home with out? I do like the Bale Tarus seems like a neat model that would be fun to paint.

My play style is O&G with 3-5 NG hordes of 50+ gobbos and a couple of Giants or Spiders with artillery to support. Or an Orc horde with 2-3 50+ blocks of Boys, Savages, and Black Orc.

Alternitively I also have a vanilla dwarf army.

Typical dwarf build Anvil and 3-5 large blocks of 30ish warriors and 2-3 warmachines with a gyro.

Any experienced suggestions would help as I would have to toss away like $200 on one unit of 30ish fireglaves and have it be the worst possible unit in the army.

Skink:

The Infernal Guards and the carachters are definitely a must have. As well as a all the warmachines other than the dreadquake (although you can use it as a Hellcannon).

To get to 2500 points add Bull Centaurs or Fireborn, you can’t go wrong with them. The former are difficult to kill, the latter simply dig through enemy infantry…

frogbear:

Go with any ETC list. That is what i did to start.

Gave me a good feel as to what the army can do

Gunnerson:

not sure what the ETC list is? Still have another week or so before my book arrives. The Bull Centaurs look pretty neat the Kdaai as well. What about the Bale Tarus? I like the model and want to run it I think.

The Besieger:

When you like the model :slight_smile: then you need it in your army :).

I use the bale taurus more and more in 2500 games. :slight_smile:

I also like the model. :cheers

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Go onto EBay and buy some cheap goblins for your hobbos. Those are great for getting bodies on the table and for filling core requirements. Beyond that, go for the models you think you’ll enjoy painting the most! And build your army from there.

Gunnerson:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I may have started a new thread on this if I did I can’t find it to delete it. So my copy of Tamurkhan came and I made a list. I have picked up a couple lots on ebay and bartertown so I am getting closer. Here is a list @ 2500 and I am looking gor suggestions.

I dont have all the models yet. I want to get a playable build prior to purchaseing a ton of stuff. At that point I can add what feels neat at a later time.

Sorcerer-Prophet 625pts

lv 4, Bale Tarus, Mask of the Furnace, Black Hammer of Hashut

Deamonsmith 155pts

Lv 2, Scroll

Infernal Castellian 172 pts

BSB, Stone Mantle,shield

Bull Centaur Renders x8 425pts

Full CMD, GT weapons

Infernal Guard x 32 576pts

Blunderbus, Full CMD

Infernal Guard x 33 421pts

Full CMD, Naptha bomb (had 5 points free)

Deathshreiker Rocket 125pts

Hellbound (was not sure what to spend this 25pts on)

Will this work? If not what should I change? Feedback is good!

Blackspine:

looks fun.

some thoughts.

Not a lot of punch in the list. The blunderbusses hurt, and if you’re going for war of attrition, they’ll work nicely.

Drop the Bale taurus for a great taurus and save a TON of points. I’ve never had it be worth it in 5 games. The great Taurus can chew up s4/t4 troops easily.

with those points; get the bsb a ward save

get a hobgoblin khan

replace the DS rocket with a magma cannon. Far more effective

The SP / lord comes with a magic weapon, not sure if the Black Hammer is worth it. Mostly because he’s not rocking a lot of attacks. It sure would be a nice hammer unit (no pun intended) but again, he only has a few attacks.

Gunnerson:

looks fun.
some thoughts.

Not a lot of punch in the list. The blunderbusses hurt, and if you're going for war of attrition, they'll work nicely.

Drop the Bale taurus for a great taurus and save a TON of points. I've never had it be worth it in 5 games. The great Taurus can chew up s4/t4 troops easily.

get a hobgoblin khan

The SP / lord comes with a magic weapon, not sure if the Black Hammer is worth it. Mostly because he's not rocking a lot of attacks. It sure would be a nice hammer unit (no pun intended) but again, he only has a few attacks.

Blackspine
Good chatch on the SP, I totaly forgot about his stock weapon. Ill have to adjust that.

Gunnerson:

Gunnerson
looks fun.
some thoughts.

Not a lot of punch in the list. The blunderbusses hurt, and if you're going for war of attrition, they'll work nicely.

Drop the Bale taurus for a great taurus and save a TON of points. I've never had it be worth it in 5 games. The great Taurus can chew up s4/t4 troops easily.

get a hobgoblin khan

The SP / lord comes with a magic weapon, not sure if the Black Hammer is worth it. Mostly because he's not rocking a lot of attacks. It sure would be a nice hammer unit (no pun intended) but again, he only has a few attacks.

Blackspine
I really like the kit for the Bale Tarus and want to run it for that reason alone. I suppose I could say the Bale counts as...

Does this write-up look any better? I did not change out the deathshreiker yet because I dont have the model. I do have a flame cannon I could probably sub in for a couple games. As far as War Machines go at my disposal right now I have 3 rocket launchers 1 hellcannon 1 earthshaker 1 boltthrower

Gunnerson:

okay this is a new write up that is a bit hittyer with more placements. Im dissapointed in the no Tarus but it seems fairly well rounded.

Sorcerer-Prophet 370pts

LV4, Mask of the Furnace, Iron Curse Icon

Daemonsmit Sorcerer 155pts

lv2, scroll

Castellian 182pts

BSB, Shield, Armour of Destiny

Infernal guard x30 482pts

FC, GT Weap

Infernal guard x 25 482pts

FC, Blunderbus

Bull Centaur Renders x3 170pts

Shield, GT Weap

Bull Centaur Renders x3 170pts

Shield, GT Weap

Death Shreiker 100pts

Death Shreiker 100pts

Dreadquake Mortar 220pts

Slave Ogre

Hobgoblin Kahn 56pts

Wolf, Light Armour, Shield

2487 points

Ive got a few points left 13 to be exact. The Kahn is there to redirect fast cav and kind of protect the war machines. I like that this has more drops and but am disappointed about the loss of the Bale Tarus. This write up also feels a little better with more drops.

Gunnerson
looks fun.

some thoughts.

Not a lot of punch in the list. The blunderbusses hurt, and if you’re going for war of attrition, they’ll work nicely.

Drop the Bale taurus for a great taurus and save a TON of points. I’ve never had it be worth it in 5 games. The great Taurus can chew up s4/t4 troops easily.

get a hobgoblin khan

The SP / lord comes with a magic weapon, not sure if the Black Hammer is worth it. Mostly because he’s not rocking a lot of attacks. It sure would be a nice hammer unit (no pun intended) but again, he only has a few attacks.

Blackspine
I really like the kit for the Bale Tarus and want to run it for that reason alone. I  suppose I could say the Bale counts as…

Does this write-up look any better? I did not change out the deathshreiker yet because I dont have the model. I do have a flame cannon I could probably sub in for a couple games. As far as War Machines go at my disposal right now I have 3 rocket launchers 1 hellcannon 1 earthshaker 1 boltthrower

Gunnerson

Ugly Green Trog:

If I were you I’d run the bale Taurus riderless as a kdai destroyer. That way you get some real punch and get to use the kit. I’d maybe swap a deathshrieker for a magma cannon too. Oh and give the BSB a GW.

Gunnerson:

If I were you I'd run the bale Taurus riderless as a kdai destroyer. That way you get some real punch and get to use the kit. I'd maybe swap a deathshrieker for a magma cannon too. Oh and give the BSB a GW.

Ugly Green Trog
I had not thought about using the Tarus as a Destroyer...Interesting idea. Great suggestion on the BSB and somthing to use up those 13 points on. If I do the destroyer though I might need to steer away from the Magma. On the other hand I dont see a problem going the opposite way either. What way would you consider to be more "friendly" the Magma Cannon or the Destroyer+Rockets?

furrie:

I would swap the Armour of Destiny for the talisman, its 5 points cheaper and you get to keep your black shard armour.

Ugly Green Trog:

I think just avoid multiples is the best way, I plan to run one of each, a deathshrieker a destroyer and a magma cannon. That way you haven’t got too much of one thing.

Gunnerson:

I think just avoid multiples is the best way, I plan to run one of each, a deathshrieker a destroyer and a magma cannon. That way you haven't got too much of one thing.

Ugly Green Trog
I ll take a look at changeing up my list here in a day or two and see how it looks with the new suggestions.
I would swap the Armour of Destiny for the talisman, its 5 points cheaper and you get to keep your black shard armour.

Ugly furrie
Good idea, I had not considered that.

Gunnerson:

Okay sending in the FW order tomorrow. I need to lock in my first order so how does this list look? If somthing is off where I NEED to add to my order please point that one out specificly, but any other tweaks will help!

Sorcerer Prophet (370)

Mask of the Furnace (65), LV 4 (35), Ironcurse Icon (5) Lore of Hashut

Daemonsmith Sorcerer (155)

Lv 2 (35), Scroll (25)

Castellian (177)

BSB (25), Shield (2), Talisman (45)

Hobgoblin Kahn (56)

Wolf (12), Lt Arm (2), Shield (2)

Infernal Guard Guard x30 (482)

Full Command (32), Great Weap (90)

Infernal Guard x25 (482)

Blunderbuss (150), Full Command (32) >>>>>>>>>>Should this be 2 smaller units acting like detachments?

Bull Centaur Renders x3 (155)

Musician (5), Great Weapons (30)

Bull Centaur Renders x3 (155)

Musician (5), Great Weapons (30)

Magma Cannon (145)

Deathshreiker Rocket (100)

Dreadquake Mortar (220)

Slave (25)

Basicly Ill be ordering 1-2 more packs of BC, and the Magma cannon just to get a fieldable army. What suggestions are there for this to be up and playable. I am currently building a Destroyer (waiting on the head in the mail).