[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Dice

cornixt:

I’ve been reading the latest [[Blood Bowl]] living rulebook (see other thread). This led me to remember the special block dice they gave out and eventually got into trouble about. How easy would it be to make our own Chaos Dwarf related dice? Obviously we couldn’t use anything copyrighted, which includes words like “Hashut”, but maybe a picture of something more generic instead of a 6 and/or 1 would be more suitable anyway.

Here’s some ideas:

Volcano erupting

Ziggurat

Bull head

Bull

Skull or bull skull

Lightning

(Closer to) breaking copyright:

Skull split by lightning

Anvil split by lightning

Hashut symbol

torn:

a blood bowl site i was once part of had permission to make their own dice and send them to members who had signed up (cost something like $5). i cant see why it would be a problem, and i know there are definately sites out there that make custom dice.

would be worth looking into, i think something saying CDO would be pretty cool more affiliated with our little community.

Dracomancer:

Also, don’t forget the dice themselves should look chaos-dwarfy as well, maybe black faces, with the numbers (or whatever is representing them) red, with red cracks around them to make the die look like some sort of volcanic rock, and I think the they should have CDO written on them, maybe in small writing in the corner of each face…

Vodevil:

Also, don't forget the dice themselves should look chaos-dwarfy as well, maybe black faces, with the numbers (or whatever is representing them) red, with red cracks around them to make the die look like some sort of volcanic rock, and I think the they should have CDO written on them, maybe in small writing in the corner of each face...

Dracomancer
That sounds dead sexy! I love the idea, I could use them with the Chaos Dwarf army that I will never own... Damn OOP crap.

catbarf:

I’d buy some.

Oh, and for the love of god, don’t actually have the pips drilled. A study found that drilled dice (with textured pips) roll 1s 22% of the time.

cornixt:

So dice that are heavier on the 1 side are more likely to roll a 1?

I’ve heard that the new Warhammer dice don’t roll evenly.

catbarf:

It’s really convoluted, but yes, the heavier side ends up on top because of the way the faces are positioned- causing it to just roll past six and onto one.

Dracomancer:

Maybe what would work (although not for blind people) is to drill 6 holes on all faces, but only colour in one on one side, two on another etc, although the dice wouldnt look as nice, I could see that working okay…

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek:

a blood bowl site i was once part of had permission to make their own dice and send them to members who had signed up (cost something like $5). i cant see why it would be a problem, and i know there are definately sites out there that make custom dice.

torn
What you propably refer to is the NAF (worldwide blood bowl organisation), which gives out new sets of dice each year when you either sign up, or re-new your membership. I've been member of the NAF since 2005 and have about five sets of block dice back at home. :D

Greetz

hal:

They deffo look better with drilled pips and they’ll also last longer.

I think a skull with a CD beard would look good :mask (something like that, also if you made that the one then it would be the lightest side therefore negating all this rolling of ones stuff :idea).

torn:

torn
What you propably refer to is the NAF (worldwide blood bowl organisation), which gives out new sets of dice each year when you either sign up, or re-new your membership. I've been member of the NAF since 2005 and have about five sets of block dice back at home. :D

Greetz

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
i think i was a member in 2004 i did the big boris and cheerleader for the norse team, under the name TomB. im gonna go check it out now lol

edit: im not a member anymore, you couldnt help me with a link to those old teams could you?

catbarf:

Hey, I got an idea for the dice- basically, you take the banner on the top:

And have the number of lightning bolts be the number you rolled. The six could be a Chaos Dwarf face with a tall hat and six strands of beard, and the one could be a volcano.

Just an idea.

ChaosStunty:

That sounds dead sexy! I love the idea, I could use them with the Chaos Dwarf army that I will never own... Damn OOP crap.

Vodevil
I find it funny that you think hairy little men and small black cubes sexy,vodevil.:P:P

Uzkul Werit:

We should get a few dice sets made. Aslong as they’re fairly generic, there shouldn’t be a probelm. I think The Last Alliance does something like this.

AGPO:

I’d get some, a black marble effect on the dice surface would look awesome

grom:

http://q-workshop.com/main.php?lang=EN&sell_type=DETAL

:wink:

Rootbeer:

custom order from chessex

http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Custom_Dice_Home.htm

Hammerhand:

There’s no better way to strike fear into the gut of your enemy than to turn up with a beautifully painted army, a lovingly prepared army list and a set of your own custom dice! watch their faces when the 6’s start flowing tho, suspicious little blighters!

I have a set of gold mist black dice and they look awesome, you can see people look at them and they just think: wo, this guy is a pro!

wallacer:

They seem fairly pricey.

(or maybe i’m just fairly cheap…)

Dracomancer:

$1 per face, $6 per die, thats not cheap…