[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Dice

Hammerhand:

$1 per face, $6 per die, thats not cheap...

Dracomancer
No, especially when you think how many you would actually want. I would want about 25, that's $150 on dice!! ouch. It get's cheaper tho the more you order. If we were to come up with a design, take a bunch of orders and put it through in a one-er, it would be a lot cheaper. It says email for a quote for over 1000, hmm thats 40 of us wanting 25 CDO special edition dice. Judging by the other bulk discounts, this would probably be more like $0.38 per side, or about $2.30 per dice - $57 for the same amount, much better. Who would be interested? We could start a thread, invite designs for people vote on a final design and if we get enough interest, put a bulk order in for them. Obviously, someone from CDO Admin would have to OK the final design!!

torn:

is that $1 per custom side?

id be happy with just one or 2 custom images, too many and it gets confusing.

Hammerhand:

Do chaos dwarfs have runic language like the dwarfs? surely they would still write and stuff. I was thinking of CD style rune numbers for 1-5 and a symbol of Hashut for 6. I’ve already started some concept sketches but need to go to bed now, it’s late and my wife’s in a funny mood!

torn:

nothing official - this is the consensus from hand of hashut

http://www.chaosdwarf.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10829

cornixt:

www.custom-dice.com do them for much cheaper where they replace the 1 with a symbol. Not as much variety in styles but much less than chessex.

wallacer:

www.custom-dice.com do them for much cheaper where they replace the 1 with a symbol.��Not as much variety in styles but much less than chessex.

cornixt
I get a 502 error when I try to go to that site.
I shall try again later.

cornixt:

oops, that should be http://www.customdice.com/

wallacer:

And lo, there was much rejoicing!

Take that, pesky 502 error.

They seem to be a much more reasonably priced option.

Well spotted, Cornixt.

Rootbeer:

Wow they do look very reasonable… I want to replace my artillery dice with 2,4,6,8,10,Oh F*%k!. My earthshaker blows up EVERY game.

hal:

Still looks pricey just for dice though.

AGPO:

I think if there was a bulk order it would be different. Maybe someone who was sufficiently interested would care to take orders and make a bulk order from the maker. Maybe offering two sets - one of 10 and one of 25 would be better - some people will want custom dice without paying quite so much as $57 (�29) Just a thought