[Archive] Chaos Dwarf from Uzdulak

ndaudin:

Hi,

As stated in my short presentation, I recently fell in WFB again due to the incredible CD miniatures from ForgeWorld.

As a result, I’ve ordered enough a few core troup and one ranged artillery to create a decent warband and raid the closest hobby place with it a.s.a.p !

Here is what I hope to use in a 500 points army list :

- 30 Infernal Guard with Shield & BS

- 1 Infernal Guard command group

- 1 Magma Canon

As soon as those are painted properly, I’ll allow myself to add to this army

But even though I’m still waiting for the miniatures to be delivered, I’m already struggling ! I’ve been thinking about possible Colour scheme and can’t find any satisfying one.

- Firt, I was hoping to go with an iced theme army and thus have them settled next to the area of Uzdulak. Do you think there is such thing as a Chaos dwarf living in an icy area or is the fluff lava exclusive ?

- Second, I really want to avoid the classic scheme that I’ve seen on all forums (Red & Silver, Red & Bronze, Black and Silver, Silver & Bronze …). Do any of you have ideas of Colour scheme that would work ?

Ideally, I would like to keep the Bronze or Silver for the scale (find it more realistic) and then go with a plain color like Dark Grey for the rest of the chest and the shoulder pads. Not sure what colour would work well with Bronze though ?

Any houghts ?

Really eager to start my plog !

Apo

furrie:

There is one thing you list is missing, namely a character. I would suggest a daemonsmith sorcerer, the daemonsmith makes you magma cannon more reliable. When you do this you can also play 750 points.

warh:

A blue-grey colour would work for the winter theme.

ndaudin:

There is one thing you list is missing, namely a character. I would suggest a daemonsmith sorcerer, the daemonsmith makes you magma cannon more reliable. When you do this you can also play 750 points.

furrie
This is true. For the time being, I was hoping to use my IG captain as the general of my army ! :).
Here is the army list I was thinking about :

- 1 DaemonSmith - 95 pts
- 10 Infernal Guard ( IM ) - 132 pts
- 10 Infernal Guard ( IM ) - 132 pts
- 1 Magma Canon - 145 pts

What do you think ?
A blue-grey colour would work for the winter theme.

warh
What color are you thinking about Warh ?
- Nagarroth Night
- The Fang

To be honest, color matching is not my forte which is why I usually copy other pple schemes :)