[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut 3rd edition on ebay

aka_mythos:

Egad! Who ever wins this… if they choose to… needs to put up some pics of it painted.

cricketofdeth:

I bet $1245.00 or 800 pounds, since the last one went for about that much.

GRNDL:

I bet $1245.00 or 800 pounds, since the last one went for about that much.

cricketofdeth
If you're going to bet that much, try bidding on it and getting it for your collection!!

cricketofdeth:

Lol, as much as I’d like to; I can get a Springfield XD .45 ACP with full custom job from Robar Customs gunsmithing for that much.

Willmark:

So glad I created my own version of this rather then paying that much for a “toy”.

nitroglysarine:

Its still going up :o

Sjoerdo:

So glad I created my own version of this rather then paying that much for a "toy".

Willmark
it's not a toy, it's an investment!

six years ago, these babies traded for approx, 100 to 150 pounds. thats an great investment if they are selling now for 600 plus pounds!

nitroglysarine:

I feel bad saying, but i really dislike the model

(hangs head in shame) :frowning:

clam:

Will somebody please ban this member, Nitro - I’m very sure that such offensive behaviour can not be tolerated here :smiley:

Just kidding of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Like everything else it’s always a matter of taste, isn’t it? It’s a special item from a special time period - some like it, others don’t. I adore it - but think, there was a reason for it - never got a prober release. GW seems to igoner its existence (don’t think there was ever been a official picture of a painted one) - and even the Perry’s (sculptors) won’t talk about it.

nitroglysarine:

Yeah all down to taste.

I do love allot of the classic models, and it is a shame they are overtaken by some ‘flashy’ new models.

aka_mythos:

I think we can all be honest and say there is no way this model would happen today. The Empire War wagon is probably the closest thing conceptually and that would probably serve as a good template for rules.

nitroglysarine:

I have a war wagon, but its been modified for use as a war alter.

I like it in its new purpose.

Zuh-Khinie:

If I ever decide to field a CD Juggernaut, I think I’ll just use my siegetower (which is still available and platic - hence easy to convert)

nitroglysarine:

If I ever decide to field a CD Juggernaut, I think I'll just use my siegetower (which is still available and platic - hence easy to convert)

Zuh-Khinie
Guess that is a pretty easy conversion.
maybe if you want to make the change permanent, perhaps add an extra layer in? - as the dwarfs a touch shorter?

aka_mythos:

I know they never released it but did GW ever get so far as to write rules for it?

Sjoerdo:

I know they never released it but did GW ever get so far as to write rules for it?

aka_mythos
nope

aka_mythos:

It would be pretty ridiculous… 2 cannons… and some ungodly number of blunderbusses being fired from it.

Blue in VT:

i find prices like this to be some what silly…I mean I love to collect these figures…but over $1000!!! My car isn’t worth that much!

Silly…YMMV

Blue

aka_mythos:

3 days left, and its at GBP 412.00 or US $644.20. Thats not a $1000, but I feel your sentiment. I can’t imagine spouses or loved ones being “that” understanding about such a purchase.

cornixt:

They did release the model, it just wasn’t all that popular, probably partly due to the lack of rules.

The key to making money from these kinds of things is to buy random stuff and store them for a long time. 99% of what you store will be worth less than you paid. Personally, I’d only ever sell one if I had two of them (I don’t actually have any) and most objects only really have monetry value if you sell them.