[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Lord Concept Art

Lepreh Khan:

Hey all. I’m not the best artist, and lately I’ve been having to learn Photoshop for work, so I decided to design a new lord for myself. Comments & Criticisms welcomed.

-Lepreh Khan

Hashut’s Blessing:

Bl**dy ‘ell! If I REALLY HAD to say something, maybe the arms are a wee bit too long and POSSIBLY needs a beard. But, looks frickin’ awesome…

The Flying Beaver:

I pretty much echo Hashut’s Blessing’s sentiments, however I also feel that a little less yellow would look better.

wallacer:

Pretty sweet.

Is his beard inside the armour?

torn:

yeah lol needs a beard :stuck_out_tongue: i didnt notice until someone mentioned it though. then again seen many chaos warrior style helmed chaos dwarfs without beards, so maybes not.

Ghrask Dragh:

Very chaotic!

I’m assuming(hoping) that the yellow is infact gold in which case looks great. Have you plans to make him into a mini?

PS: like the evil eyes glowing in the helmet :cheers

Ishkur Cinderhat:

yeah lol needs a beard :p i didnt notice until someone mentioned it though. then again seen many chaos warrior style helmed chaos dwarfs without beards, so maybes not.

torn
Chaos Dwarfs without beards?? Heresy! :0

Xander:

Looking good so far. Should be fairly easy to shorten the arms in PhotoShop and then add a beard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Revlid:

Three suggestions, in order of importance:

1. BEARD!

2. Darken/brown-up the gold. That will make it look less like yellow paint and more like gold/brass.

3. Shorten the arms a little.

Other than that, WIN!

torn:

yeah lol needs a beard :p i didnt notice until someone mentioned it though. then again seen many chaos warrior style helmed chaos dwarfs without beards, so maybes not.

torn
Chaos Dwarfs without beards?? Heresy! :0

Ishkur Cinderhat
ok ok how about an armour plated beard! do you think truly evil dwarfs have goatees?

Lepreh Khan:

I’m glad to see that I got so many responses. :slight_smile:

When I make him into a mini, he will have the good old Beard. I didn’t draw the beard on him for 2 reasons:

1) This is a project for work. Everybody in my department is going to go through the process of designing, modeling and animating their own character so that we can get the practice and the programmers will have free material to test out our game engine. So, I didn’t want to use copywritten work, so I “based” this drawing off a GW Chaos Dwarf.

2) I wanted to show more details in the armor, and the beard would cover it all up. It’s my interpretation of the Armor of the Furnace.

Thanks for the comments! Looking at it now, I agree that his arms are too long, it makes him look monkey-like. Looking at the “gold” on his armor, I can definately see that the colors aren’t quite right on it.

The picture above is actually the second version of concept that I’ve gone through and I plan on making a third one. This picture below was my first photoshop painted art EVER. I think that the second version is a HUGE improvement over this one. I do like the Black Hammer of Hashut that I drew though! I imagine it as spewing flames from the skull part every time it hits a foe.

-Lepreh Khan

AGPO:

What can I say, ouch! That is truly awesome. I agree with you on the beard front - they can be iritiating when you want to show off detail on the armour. I’ve made a couple of models with two cylindrical lengths of beard, one either side flowing down to the side, thus levng modt of the chest plate unobscured. You might want to try something simmilar as the front of that armour is awesome. With the exception of the shoulder pads shouldn’t be to hard to make either

Lepreh Khan:

Here’s version 3. Probably the one that I will go with for my Lord.

And here he is with a beard, truly a Chaos Dwarf now! I don’t know if I can use this for the final design, however, as it is too obviously taken from GW stuff.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Lepreh Khan[/align]

RedJetbikesGoFaster:

Damn that is awesome… simply blown away!

The Flying Beaver:

Stunning artwork Khan. The only real problem I have with it are the large tusks on the facemask. I don’t know what it is, but they make him look like he has really chubby cheeks.

minty:

hehe, i like it, especialy the plate shorts, not practcal, but more comfertable eh:hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Don’t worry about the beard being too GW-ish. In your concept they look more like rasta locks anyway, which is also quite a nice take on the Chaos Dwarfs. Gotta love those armour decorations!

AGPO:

A definate improvement. I wuldn’t worry about it being too GWish, after all, they certainly didn’t invent the idea of dwarfs having beards, and the style is up to you. I don’t think GW have ever done CDs quite like that before

Ghrask Dragh:

Looks good with beard ‘n’ all!!

I really like the colour scheme too I’m struggling to find one for my army and we are kind of limited to just a few variants I find, so well done!

The skulls are also a good edition, have you lost the shield completly or just from the pictures?

Traitor King:

Whoa! Nice drawing!

Looks great.

My only critisms are:

1. where the beard joins his helm it looks a little odd.

2. The gold still looks a bit yellowy (but i know how hard it is to re-create gold on a computer).