[Archive] Chaos Dwarf pdf no longer on GW UK site

Willmark:

For the UK. I live in the US where they can still be used at the GT, albeit in a slightly changed for, BCs in particular. I might be going this year to Baltimore.

torn:

hopefully this is just them upgrading the website. i dont play tournaments/stores etc so its not such a big deal to me, but it still doesnt mean i want chaos dwarves to die.

hopefully the massive online following may be able to convince them to not let us die just yet!

Grimstonefire:

hopefully the massive online following may be able to convince them to not let us die just yet!
If it weren't for the fact that I mentionned to Andy Hoare that this site exists, I doubt they would be bothered to check.  Perhaps from time to time they come and look to see we aren't recasting, but other than that I doubt they would take any interest whatsoever in our online fanbase.

They would re-release CD because they think they can make money from them.  The decision being based on how well they can sell the army to those who know nothing about them (the vast majority of the buying public).  I assume they think those who collect them already would simply be happy with getting an official book and new models.

Its why I expect there will be a few bits there as a tribute to the old fluff/ models (hence the long time collectors), but pretty much everything else will be new.

torn:

thinking about what you said grimstone, i can imagine that chaos dwarfs would be quite a sell-able army, if they were done in a very chaos style. i cant see big hats coming back apart from maybes 1 or 2 models.

Rakmial:

See, though, I think that Chaosy Dwarves would be lame. I like how different the little evils are from the Norse - their whole background is much more interesting than if they were just another tentacle for chaos.

metro_gnome:

and a whole lot less marketable…

For the UK. I live in the US where they can still be used at the GT, albeit in a slightly changed for, BCs in particular. I might be going this year to Baltimore.

Willmark
the CD list was dropped from the UK site… it is still on the US site…

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/hordesofchaos/gaming/chaosdwarfs/default.htm

no change there…

US has a list… you use at at the USGT…

UK don’t have a list… you can’t use it at the UKGT…

makes sense to me… for now…

Thommy H:

I would assume that they’d keep some of what made the Chaos Dwarfs interesting if they were to re-release them - there’s no point having an army that’s exactly the same as another one only shorter…

Personally, I’m not 100% sure whether I’d sooner see a complete overhaul that would render all previous background (not to mention model collections…) obsolete, or Chaos Dwarfs just left to reside in the Warhammer backstory (which is pretty much the situation right now) and us all left to our own devices.

metro_gnome:

and its this self ownership you believe you have that keeps us from getting a list…

they threw a pile of fluff out the window when they created the ridiculous big hats…

they can easily do it again… fix a mistake…

torn:

whats ridiculous about hats as tall as you are?

pretty much agree with metro gnome here

Thommy H:

and its this self ownership you believe you have that keeps us from getting a list...
Yeah, I'm sure they just read my post and said "well, we might as well throw the plans for new Chaos Dwarfs out, since one guy doesn't care that much about having a new list".

It's a) not ridiculous for me to hold an opinion about my own army - i.e. that I like it the way it is now and b) not the actions of me or anyone else on this (or any other) website that will prevent or cause a new list to be created. GW have never made business decisions based on popular opinion.

metro_gnome:

but it has… and we complain about it anyway…

Willmark:

Ah metro you have been missed.

metro_gnome:

have I? you’re the only one to say so…
do you think that if you say it again and again I might go away?
could be… it was spam that drove me out last time…
who’s putting who in whose hat nowadays?

just for a little on topic… how novel…
the 2 entry CD FAQ is also missing from GWUK…
bigger than it looks…

Willmark:

Methinks someone is a bit paranoid, meant nothing by it

cornixt:

have I? you're the only one to say so...

metro_gnome
Not all of us are as in touch with our emotions as Willmark...:shy:

Of course, the reason they removed the CD stuff could be because they are about to redo it and don't want to confuse people.  Or it could just be because GW UK are getting obsessed with the book armies and trying to fix the mess they made with "official" and "unofficial" rules and armies. We can speculate until the bulls come home, we won't know.

khujunduk:

Here´s a suggestion though which is probably is the most effective. All you UK chaos dwarfs, start going to your local GWs during game nights. Always bring your Chaos dwarfs. Basically create a demand for the army and of course make people realise we´re not gone. Should be quite effective.
-Dancehat

dancehat
Hey, can you bring and play at Regeringsgatan? Ive never done that, would you be interested in playing vs big hats as well?

Cheers

Nicklas

Willmark:

have I? you're the only one to say so...

metro_gnome
Not all of us are as in touch with our emotions as Willmark...:shy:

cornixt
Emotions? Hardly. Important lesson learned in regards to Metro_Gnome learned sure. Filed away for future reference.

In terms of speculation. I'd postulate this entire site and the outgrowth of converting CDs is a direct result of GW's continued indifference. In fact one could argue this site and the move to create our own models is going to be counter-productive of new models should ever rear their head. Why? Due to GW's 13-year plan of deferring the question we have had to "go it our own". As a result how many of us are interested in new models? For me, I could care less, just fix the PDF and I'd be happy, and therein lies GW's problems as far as I can see it.

Thommy H:

but it has...

metro_gnome
When?

Companies are not run as democracies, except in the most indirect sense (if it doesn't sell, it gets pulled), so no amount of showing our colours is going to persuade them to redo Chaos Dwarfs. The only thing that would have persuaded them is if we'd all bought the Chaos Dwarf models from their online store, but since GW hilariously priced themselves out of the market by charging too much p&p (not to mention £2 for a rank and file model...), everyone shopped on the secondary market.

The upshot is that GW has no evidence that a new Chaos Dwarf range would sell, and plenty of evidence that it would be a failure - not enough people bought them when they were first released as a coherent army, and no one has bought them since either!

Not that I'm trying to blame the Chaos Dwarf community. God knows I wouldn't have paid what GW were charging, so it's their own stupid fault for making the range inaccessible to most collectors.

metro_gnome:

when?
you have answered your own question...
we are in no way representative of popular opinion...

well one doesn't expect trumpets cornixt...
but when one is getting them from one fellow...
you tend to watch your back in the shower... so to speak...

Well willmark...
really the outgrowth of conversions is a result of RH's existance... rather than indifference...
providing the resource (RH) has caused the problem... without RH none of us would even be here...
if GW really does percieves a threat to a new line of models based on conversion sites...
the answer is to remove the catalyst that causes coversions to be popular...
so they take the list down... solid strategy...
if they could get the whole company on the same page...

but its far more likely that as they no longer support the list at GTs...
they no longer support the list on the site...
the ship started sinking last August...
and this site was an infant at the time...

I do have hope for all this business tho...
as it corresponds to upcoming chaos revisions...
it may just be a sign of good things to come...

Willmark:

1. umm I think I mentioned it a couple of times, I was glad to see old members back, nothing more. I always enjoyed yours and Tommy’s perspectives. If you choose to believe more… You might want to tighten the tin foil hat or look for the black helecopters, they should be arriving soon.

On topic. As I’ve said numerous times before I’m a realist. I’m hopeful that they will redo the list. I simply don’t expect it. If they don’t then we move on, saddended that a great forum will have its legs out from under it. As I also stated early on in this thread, I don’t trust GW but am willing to wait and see.