[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law

Nicodemus:

Just a quick heads-up.  I’m still editing the second part of the CDR Presents special.  This one is taking much longer. We recorded it in a somewhat disjointed fashion. There was a break of several days between recording everything we needed for the second half, and in that time I remembered a few things that needed to be mentioned in the first half, so there’s been a lot of copy&pasting of short 1-2 minute segments from both myself and Hashut’s Blessing.

… so far without the final sweep of editing to remove repetition, excessive "um"s,  "ah"s and gaps of silence while we contemplate the downfall of the cursed Dawi, it’s up to ~3 hours. Yikes.  I’ll get it down to as close to 2 hours as I can, but that may be optimistic.  In the time since we recorded the second half I’ve also caught a couple of omissions or mistakes (i.e. we give the wrong points cost for an item or an upgrade) and I’ve been re-recording as much as possible to fix those.

Patience my bearded brothers! The final words of Hashut’s Holy Law will soon be heard!  

And with it, we Dawi’Zharr will march to war.

Update: The total run time so far is 3h 49 min.

I’ll try to get that down a little :wink:

Clinkz:

A big chunk of content then?..sounds good to me! I actually like the longer sessions, its good to be able t sit down and listen to CDR and get a nice solid couple of hours painting down. Thats what i did when listening to the 1st part anyway. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Nicodemus: Thanks for taking so much time to edit and re-record (a pain, right? :smiley: ) and doing such a good job! Many kudos!

Clinkz: it’s funny that you say that because, at one point, people were asking for it to be shorter so that the file size was smaller, lol :smiley:

Clinkz:

Clinkz: it's funny that you say that because, at one point, people were asking for it to be shorter so that the file size was smaller, lol :D

Hashut's Blessing
Heretics! ;) nono, just kidding. But coming from a country with terrible internet i wouldn't think file size would be an issue..though i don't know what kind of data rates other country's get, it would have to be better then the copper wire that supply's Aus with its internet. Anyway its good stuff! :D

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I think nowadays we’re just letting it run its course, as opposed to trying to limit ourselves.

Still, very glad to hear that you enjoy it :wink:

Nicodemus:

I’m glad someone out there enjoyed it too. Personally I felt this was a good exercise just to get myself up to speed a little better with 8th ED.

FYI - Good gravy!! After 30 minutes I just finished editing the first 15 minutes. At this rate it’ll be another ~5½ hours before it’s done :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t help that I’m going to take a break for a bit right now :wink:

Nicodemus:

Quick update - After sorting all of the dice last night I’ve now finished editing ~2hours 45 mins of the recording for part 2. The total time is also 30 minutes shorter than before.

It’ll be up tonight or tomorrow.

zobo1942:

Sweet!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Excellent to hear, o sleepless one! Just PM me the stuff and I’ll get it posted up :wink:

Clinkz:

Huzzar! :cheers

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nicodemus:

It’s done, and lurking out there in the chaotic �?ther somewhere. If Hashut’s Blessing dares brave the perils of the realm of Chaos long enough to stick his gauntleted arm in and grab the file, it’ll likely be posted tonight…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Sorry, you know how time gets up North :wink:

Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut�?Ts Big Red Book of Holy Law (Part 2 of 2)
Mid September, 2010
Sorcerer Patriarchs: Nicodemus & Hashut�?Ts Blessing