[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Reload Project

Servius:

The following post is to gauge the interest in the making of a fan list for the Chaos Dwarf Army. I am looking for serious people. Willing dedicate the time to a long term project.

The Job would start with the updating of the current list. Defining what is already present. This is the easy part and I see it being complete within a week of the project start. Next it would entail the taking of that list and deciding what should be removed or added ruleswise & statwise to make the list flow more easily with the current rules set (basically the revamping of rules which don’t make much sense in the current rule Sneaky Gits pop into my mind.) This part is where the new list will begin. after a list is agreed upon and fully tested we will move to the fun part of designing new units and actual construction and testing of a Book.

The type of people I am looking for should be first of all serious about this and be able to dedicate at least 2 hours a week at an elected time to be in chat or IM with the other members of the team to effect changes and voice ideas. Also I am looking for people who are able and willing to playtest at least 1 game a week when we reach the playtesting phases. I am also looking to people who are more willing to try an idea before rejecting it. I would also people who know their fluff or are willing to learn it quickly as knowing the fluff is hallmark to what we will need.

If you think your up for it Finish the following and send me a private message.

1: Forum Name?

2: First or Nickname?

3: How long you have played?

4: Where do you game?

5: What do you feel you can offer to the group?

6: Why should you be chosen over anyone else?

7: Have you worked on any similar project? Be it Online or otherwise.

8: How do you feel about 5 point Hobgoblins?

9: How would you react to Leadership 8 base for Chaos Dwarfs?

Grimstonefire:

Can I suggest that as project leader you state what you would like out of this first?

I.e. Firstly whether what you are proposing is a strict update of RH, a modification on RH (most of the same units), or something completely new?

Secondly what format this will be in and whether it will be needing concept artwork and/or models etc.

Your answer to these will probably determine what sort of people you will have helping you.

Good luck with your endeavours :cheers

BTW.  The only way to get decent info on playtesting a list you’ve created is to do it yourself.  I’ve learnt this the hard way.

And for the record :wink:

8: How do you feel about 5 point Hobgoblins?  I wouldn’t include them in any shape or form no matter the points.

9: How would you react to Leadership 8 base for Chaos Dwarfs? I would consider this, but I would need to see it in the context of the list.

minty:

1: Forum Name?

minty

2: First or Nickname?

minty

3: How long you have played?

4 years

4: Where do you game?

club, colledge, home GW, ANYWERE:)

5: What do you feel you can offer to the group?

experienced member of now gone H&A (fluff development site), full of enthusiasm and energy for CDs

6: Why should you be chosen over anyone else?

Because I was your boss before the previous project conked

7: Have you worked on any similar project? Be it Online or otherwise.

yes, once here, once on H&A just before it died

8: How do you feel about 5 point Hobgoblins?

meep, sounds good, a fair price for em

9: How would you react to Leadership 8 base for Chaos Dwarfs?

makes sense, CDs don’t have there ancestors to scowl on them for running, and don’t recon there honour so important, main reason for dwarf LD, as long as it dosen’t go below 8.

Try here for somewhere to work

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Forge_of_hashut/index.php?act=idx

Servius:

Can I suggest that as project leader you state what you would like out of this first?

I.e. Firstly whether what you are proposing is a strict update of RH, a modification on RH (most of the same units), or something completely new?

Secondly what format this will be in and whether it will be needing concept artwork and/or models etc.

Your answer to these will probably determine what sort of people you will have helping you.

Good luck with your endeavours :cheers

BTW.  The only way to get decent info on playtesting a list you've created is to do it yourself.  I've learnt this the hard way.

And for the record ;)
8: How do you feel about 5 point Hobgoblins?  I wouldn't include them in any shape or form no matter the points.
9: How would you react to Leadership 8 base for Chaos Dwarfs? I would consider this, but I would need to see it in the context of the list.

Grimstonefire
Well.. to begin we would simply revise the RH list so players wouldnt need 3 pages of extra errata and CJ articles. such as more defined explainations of the more complicated rules such as blunderbusses and earthshaker.

Shortly after we would address some of the issues in the list. Such as the earthshaker and who the movement negative effects in the concensus opinion. as well as Sneaky Gitz and again the blunderbuss issues.. this would be the beginning of the fan list. once this is accomplished and tested and agreed to be good. we move on to additions of new special rules, units, and major revision of the list ending in a completely new book for the fan community.

Grimstonefire:

Check out the new sticky I’ve made

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5849

If you fall into the same category as Minty you might as well join forces if you don’t mind working together.

Willmark:

The pieces for this are already contained in this forum IMHO. Special Characters rules have already been written, Blunderbusses have already been fixed, etc…

The best approach IMHO is the fix approach and not a rewrite. This has been discussed numerous times:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6139

Book 1 the fix to bring it to 7th
Book 2 the 7th edition rules for older models (jugger, whirlwind, etc…)
Book 3 the catch-all, here is where the stuff goes for people’s personal “pet ideas”.

Keeps it clean without everyone junking it up with every unit having a “pet” special rule IMHO. This is where this gets bogged down time and again, everyone can’t agree because everyone is jamming to much crap in the list.

I’ll reiterate, fix then tinker with book three.

Hashut’s Blessing:

1: Forum Name? Hashut’s Blessing

2: First or Nickname? HB

3: How long you have played? 7/8 years

4: Where do you game? Wherever my mates are

5: What do you feel you can offer to the group? The expertise I provided on TGA

6: Why should you be chosen over anyone else? As above

7: Have you worked on any similar project? The Grand Alliance

8: How do you feel about 5 point Hobgoblins? 4 points works better as they have animosity and a lower leadership and weapon skill (comparison to marauders which are 5 points), although power creep means 3 points is more likely.

9: How would you react to Leadership 8 base for Chaos Dwarfs? Exactly as they should be, despite how great it is to have Ld9 basic troops.

Grimstonefire:

Right, with Thommy H’s new thread we now have 3 different projects on the go I think.

Thommy’s one is a strict RH update (see sticky in Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs).

Servius’s one seems to be a revamp of RH, bringing in new elements but fundamentally keeping it the same.

Minty’s one (Forge of Hashut) is a radical update.

So people now have 3 clearly different projects to get behind!

It’s never been so active in this section before :slight_smile:

minty:

That’s cos everyones been waiting for some-one else to do it, so when one person does it, but not how they want, it spurs them on:)