[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Sculpt (update 30/08)

Lord Darkash:

:0 words cannot describe!

Nazhur:

Very welld one, cant wait until the rest get done. I think this is a awsome idea to do but sadly I�m to bad myself in sculping but perhaps, one day…

AGPO:

I really like that model! The only thing I can say if you do a unit is if the arms potrude that wide they won’t rank up, so you may want some more “compact” poses in there as well

Xander:

Yes, compactness is ideal for ranking. :slight_smile:

hal:

Fantsatic work!

I like the big crude blade he has.

Pfreck:

Truly amazing, Kobarf! When you make casts I’d love to buy an entire army of these!

cheers!

Animal:

I’d definately be interested in a unit or three.

You can always give them to me for free and I’ll send you an early birthday present in the form of monies :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This sculpt is so cool, a true tribute to Chaosdwarfhood! I am mightily impressed and the only thing keeping me from ordering some of these from you would be that the masks would not fit into my hats-themed army. :hat

Can’t wait to see more from your capable forges soon! ^^

Kobarf:

It’s been a long time I know, but other stuff has been keeping me occupied (including my skaven bloodbowl team :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Thanks again for all the kind comments, but it’ll probably be a while before I go on to make the other bodies and cast them, I’m quite a busy man nowadays.

But they say patience is a virtue :cheers

I’ll see what I can whip up in my spare time, keep tuned.

Kobarf

Yaanchy:

That’s so nice… dounats… I would love to buy 25 of those :D.

Kobarf:

Dammit, looks like I’m actually going to have to finish a project now!!:hashut

Progress will continue after the painting of a small ogre army so expect updates second half of august :cheers

Thanks for keeping me motivated everyone :slight_smile:

Kobarf

Snotling:

Yeah, and remember to draw my concept whipcrack :mask

hehe no, go on with your awesome warriors… i wonder how much time you need for a full unit ^^

Kobarf:

Finally update time:

I had more work done on the second warrior and the body is finished except for the left arm:

You can see the axe in progress and his right arm which still needs a bracelet or something like it.

I also went back to the first warrior and decided to redo the arms, I made the socket flat and made a new and improved right arm. I also attached his left arm to his body so ranking up is a breeze now :slight_smile:

Now the problem to get them into the world :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll probably make some kind of pre-order system once I’ve made four or so. If I get enough pre-orders I’ll have them professionally cast in metal since my home-brewery isn’t going to be able to handle a lot of orders :~, but I’ll keep you guys posted on that.

Let me know your thoughts,

Kobarf

Oh and Snotling, haven’t got access to a scanner for the moment so you’ll have to wait a bit longer for those concepts :stuck_out_tongue:

Granodor:

damn… DAMN Man, Im lasy… Had the same Idea you have… but well… (damn Im lasy… must fix that…) I Love the models, really great stuff! The hats and the arms rule!

Grano

Xander:

Very nicely done. A unique look that doesn’t infringe so far as I am concerned. :slight_smile:

Canix:

25 please reinforcements neededthey are truly great:hat off

Xander:

If you want help setting up a small website to take orders, I can help you.

You should call your model line "Kobarfs"

Hehehe.

Draconis:

I too would be interested in these when you start producing them.

Keep up the great work!

Screaming Evil:

Awsome scuplts, i love them!

Definatly would be interested in getting some when you make them aviable.

Kobarf:

Whoohoow update time :cheers

So I finished the second one and am on the way of making the third. I did a new shield design which would be for all the warriors so they all have the same shield. I think this brings some more cohesion as they already look quite individual. The new arm make for a better rank up. Bear in mind these are just put together with a kneadible(?) eraser :rolleyes: . Everything is of course interchangeable! I’ve contacted a man who can possibly cast them for me but I’ll have to see how that works out, more on it soon…

So onto the pics, enjoy:

Let me know what you guys think of the improved versions.

Kobarf