[Archive] Chaos dwarf skintone

drow21:

perple? gray? or just normal dwarf maybee slightly darker representing the harsh land they live in?

this is probably a painting question tbh but im wondering peoples thoughts on it

The Dark One:

i do mine the same way i do my dwarfs

Rattler:

I originally wanted to make my CD’s skin gray, but I decided against it because it made the models too dark and indistinguishable between their face and their armor.

This is by no means a put-down to keep you from making their skin gray. If you’re able to pull it off, it looks great.

drow21:

i thought about perple tbh , theres a realy good CD sorcerer with perple skin but who painted / converted it im not sure

Pyro Stick:

Are you on about this guy:

http://www.chaosdwarf.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10040&highlight=

For my CD i just use dwarf skin tones, nothing fancy.

drow21:

thats the dude thankyou sir

WarplockMonkey:

I usually paint mine slightly darker than normal dwarfs, to reprisent thier ‘persian’ background, but i painted my sorcerer lighter, and im not too sure about zhatan… any ideas guys?

clam:

thats the dude thankyou sir

drow21
Yes, Georg Damms Sorcerer is definitely a masterpiece when it comes to perple skintone.

drow21:

if only he had a tutorial on how

Pyro Stick:

if only he had a tutorial on how

drow21
This is the only other picture i can find of what its like unpainted:

You can see that its made from the new dwarf lord with great weapon and then just a lot of GS work

drow21:

i dun mind the conversion work , but i ment how to paint the skintone tbh

Pyro Stick:

Well the only thing i can think of is to go to HoH, search for threads started by Georc and read through them. This model was apparently a team effort so one of them might have a website showing how it was done since it did win a golden deamon