[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Slaver

Ghrask Dragh:

I do plan to add something to the back-banners but I’m not sure what yet. Suggestions are always welcome…

Xander:

Could be the picture, but that gold looks like it could use a dark wash of some kind.

Nice model. AOW figures for the win. Very nicely converted. Judging by the big base does he go in a unit of Orcs?

Ghrask Dragh:

The gold has been given a dark wash but I think I over did the Gold/Mithril silver highlights after!

AoW are Awesome minis!!! I also have the Goblin, Orc Shaman and have just ordered the Black Orc Warboss, can’t wait!

PS: The base was just a tester for lava bases, he’s just pinned on that one for the moment.

torn:

the back banners are cool. ive been trying to work something out with them but i give up because of fitting into units. and advice about them would be greatly appreciated thanks

WarplockMonkey:

Really awsome ghrask, but i think that the axe is a bit too fancy for a lowly slaver. I think an orc axe or something a bit more basic would look better. Keep the axe for a character conversion :slight_smile:

PS i really like the axe handle!

Lord Darkash:

Oh my god! Awesome conversion! took me a second to realise it was the AOW model and i only realsied that when i saw Xander mention AOW and thought “What the heels AOW?” then i realised!

very cool!

clam:

Yes! truly a awesome conversion - but not that CDish - IMO! Too shiny I think - and I would have given him a big hat, and a weapon swap - but then again he is a great feral dwarf:hat off

Ghrask Dragh:

Thanks for comments guys!

torn

the back banners are cool. ive been trying to work something out with them but i give up because of fitting into units. and advice about them would be greatly appreciated thanks
I am currently trying to finish a regiment of the old plastic warriors (who are imfamous for being hard to square up in a unit) so I am in a similar situation! As for back banners maybe a little height to the model, maybe up on a rock or a dead slave, would lift him out of the way of everybody else …maybe!
Warplock

i think that the axe is a bit too fancy for a lowly slaver. I think an orc axe or something a bit more basic would look better. Keep the axe for a character conversion

Clam

Yes! truly a awesome conversion - but not that CDish - IMO! Too shiny I think - and I would have given him a big hat, and a weapon swap - but then again he is a great feral dwarf

I know I just didn’t have the heart to cut up such a good-looking weapon, I know it has to be done though. I was thinking of a big hat but he arrived with a bald head (mohawk seperate) which is what convinced me to convert him in the first place, so I thought I’d keep him bald.

He is going to have lots of tattoo’s and some freehand work on the back banners. I put him in showcase because he’s not going to be done for a while, I have to complete my ‘big hat’ army and some Pre-Heresy models I’m doing for WarHammer40k before I even start to think about this guy again!

PS: again - ‘Avatars of War’ are Awesome!!!

hal:

If you’re looking for something to paint onto the banner and you’re not that confident with your 2d skills you could always go for a simple CD symbol.

WarplockMonkey:

Or you could print something off of the internet, like a skull

Pyro Stick:

I would of thought CD would of had more aggressive whips, like metal spikes on the ends or something?

Khan!:

This guy looks great! I love the AoW conversion. I agree that the gold seems a bit shiny tho.

@Pyro Stick: I dunno about the spiky whips… Whips are bad enough as it is, with spikes one might find that one’s slaves die a wee bit too fast.

Pyro Stick:

Do CD’s really care about inflicting pain on their thousand of slaves?

zagor66:

Where did you get the axe?Great figure , must pinch idea…

Ghrask Dragh:

Thank you, the axe is part of the original mini found here…

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/

(I have now also got the barbarian! :cheers)

WarplockMonkey:

Wow… that orc hero is FANTASTIC!!!

His sculpts are so much better than GWs!!!

wallacer:

Maybe we should e-mail Felix and ask him to make some Chaos Dwarfs.

Kera foehunter:

kick ass!! thats cool .

Willmark:

Could be the picture, but that gold looks like it could use a dark wash of some kind.

Xander
X2. Shading is always a good thing so it doesn't look flat.

AGPO:

I think the axe works. CDs are an industrial culture and the lowliest CD would still have a much higher SofL than even the lowest slave.