[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Steam Tank

Willmark:

Nah we have the Kollossos, we don’t need no stinking steam tank!

Theory_Man:

I’m all for seeing a chaos dwarf steam tank. I would be a cool conversion project. I do not think you are going to find an opponent that lets you field one though.

[attachment=351]

Do a search for Leonardo inventions. Leonardo did some cool sketches of “tanks” plus some other very cool military sketches.

His cone top shaped 'tank" would fit very well in a CD army, IMHO.

GRNDL:

To keep in with the fluff, maybe there’s no steam tanks because of the rocky, craggy terrain the CD dwell in. Real world, WW1 tanks had incredible issues with hills, trenches and soggy mud, so I imagine a world of flowing lava, cracking rock and sulphur shale might pose issues for a steam tank. Legs are so much better at dealing with that kind of terrain, I think.

That being said, steam tanks do capture the imagination. Maybe it could be tied into that Bronze Bull idea that was floating around somewhere - that RW torture/execution device where peeps were boiled by steam?

Merchant:

Well, this is a good idea… but as Theory_Man is saying: you might not find any who will let you use it in a "board"game… I might wanna do so conversions’ ideas my self :slight_smile:

AGPO:

I reckon it’d have treads and be incrediblly ornate, with some type of flame cannon and a gatling gun as its two main armaments.

Willmark:

GRNDL- true to a point. By the time of the British MK IV tanks were actually quite good a transversing the battlefront terrain. If any thing the biggest ptomblem of almost every WWI tank was the fact they were universally underpowered in terms of engine performance.

With that being said engine performance shouldn’t be an issue when your tanks are demonic powered… :wink:

AGPO:

Are you sure Wilmark? Daemons can be pretty tempramental (though not as much as my boiler)

Deebo:

This sounds like a pretty cool idea evan though as they said… good luck getting permission to use it in a game.

Did anyone make one of these up? If so I would love to see it.

I often wondered why evan the normal Dwarfs did not have a steam tank… it seems a bit silly that the empire is upstaging us!

Lord Darkash:

Could convert an Empire steam tank into a prison wagon for the CD mordheim warband, its not horse driven so you could make one and still use it in Mordheim.

In response to why don’t dwarfs have one, they are notoriously stubborn when it comes to new fangled devices. Only very liberal dwarfs use gyrocopters

Merchant:

Kera mate?

How is the CD steam tank coming along???

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Deebo:

Yeah they sure are stubborn LD but surely Malakai or Burlok could have made one.

Ahhh :o I just remembered his ballon in the slayer books! … Has anyone made one of those? I am pretty sure GW has not done any. Imagine a Chaos dwarfs ballon like Malakai’s! Now that would be cool! Mounted death rockets!!

Lord Darkash:

Yeah they sure are stubborn LD but surely Malakai or Burlok could have made one.
Ahhh :o I just remembered his ballon in the slayer books! ... Has anyone made one of those? I am pretty sure GW has not done any. Imagine a Chaos dwarfs ballon like Malakai's! Now that would be cool! Mounted death rockets!!

Deebo
CDs would have an armoured zepplin of some kind rather than just a balloon

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think a CD steam tank would be cool, but like the kollosus, is more of a figurehead of CD-dom than a playing piece. As to that Brass Bull mentioned earlier, it was the mobile command centre used in (I think) the Twilight Wars intersite campaign (it may have been the follow up to it) and, yes, there were a few rituals going on in it. I’m still planning to make the Brass Bull at some point. The way I see the steam tank is, buy the Empire one, then add some daemon engines, replace the cannon with either a death rocket, a BB battery (like the organ gun) or a mini Earthshaker (D6" instead of 2D6"). Remove all Empire insignia and then add lots more CD pieces. Giant hat on top? :smiley:

Deebo:

The balloon I was talking about was an armoured zep… they had to fight a dragon on the way to the chaos wastes… it evan had gyrocopters that deployed from it.

wallacer:

You could always make a steam powered slave wagon and use it in a Mordheim list. :idea

Lord Darkash:

You could always make a steam powered slave wagon and use it in a Mordheim list. :idea

wallacer
i said that earlier, they are demonically powered though rather than steam

Deebo:

MMMmmmmm Daemon powered ARRRrrrrghh ARRRrrrrghh ARRRrrrrghh

Imagine one of these steam tanks mounted with a hellcannon with a co axial earth shaker and a death rocket on each side of the tank!

Wooooo Destruction machine worthy of 40K!!

Deebo:

HELL YEAH! :o

Do you think we could fit all this onto the empire tank? or maybe we could get one of those plastic army tanks you get in the packs of toy soldiers and do some heavy modification… perhaps a Tiger Tank.

Kera foehunter:

A tiger tank would be a good base

Im laughting * Remenbering my youth * my brother would play war and blow up each other Plastic tanks up by thowing firercracker at them.

Ps i lost a few barbies that way too

TheVoice:

More than steam tanks, why on earth don’t CDs have gyrocopters? Can’t think of anything better for patrolling wide areas of rough terrain, which is basically the entire empire.