[Archive] Chaos Dwarf test models

dedwrekka:

Hello out there big hat and small helms. I’ve got three prototypes of Chaos Dwarfs I can’t decide on.

My first one is just a conversion off of the miners from the BfSP set:

My second one is a much more simple conversion, just trimming the legs of a Chaos Warrior and trimming the helm to be shorter:

This one would still need a little work to hide the rough cut, mainly extending the chainmail a bit.

This ones a little more involved, the legs are sculpted and shoulder plate was sculpted then press moulded.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

apocalypstia:

so whats the drawback to making a unit of each?

each one is good in its own merits. I like the warrior conversion best, but i like stocky, thick look for dwarfs chaotic or not. The BfSP is great, not sure i understand the conversion entirely but seems nicely executed.

the arms on the third one seem a bit long have you thought about shortening those?

looking forward to seeing more inspired conversion works.

warh:

i like the third one good use of the berserker torso!

Kera foehunter:

i love 3 he look great with a kilt!! nice shoes too

i also agree with warh with a bare chest

Grimstonefire:

The second one down is a classic!  Made me chuckle, he looks like a mini chaos warrior.  I would stick with that version though as imo it’s the best and easiest of the three.

If you add a small bit of greenstuff around each leg over the boot it would flow better.  If you made the chainmail over the groin into more of a point at the front it would help disguise the sawn off look.  If you sculpted the cloak to be nearer the ground, and gave him great weapon arms he would make an awesome immortal actually… idea

I’m not a fan of the shield on that one though.  I would swap it for a round one (shows more of the model), or possibly even the moria goblin ones if you can trade with someone.  I always thought those would look good.

Copied from another thread:

The shields could be a problem for ranking, but I had an idea about this. If you clip off the top and bottom of them to make a square, then cut some V out top and bottom they would like nice and brutal. File the front flat and stick a skull transfer on there (not something you see very often with CD shields. Job done.

dedwrekka:

The second one down is a classic!  Made me chuckle, he looks like a mini chaos warrior.  I would stick with that version though as imo it's the best and easiest of the three.

If you add a small bit of greenstuff around each leg over the boot it would flow better.  If you made the chainmail over the groin into more of a point at the front it would help disguise the sawn off look.  If you sculpted the cloak to be nearer the ground, and gave him great weapon arms he would make an awesome immortal actually... *idea

Grimstonefire
Something like this:

Or, say, this?

:D

Some of my very early Chaos Dwarfs. But I like to play around with the styles a bit. The first one is  my Rykarth The Unbreakable (He's still in the Golden Hat gallery), and the second was my Immortal (His bottom half is actually the bottom half of a dwarf warrior from the recent kit).

The one above is a bit bare bones, because I also used him for my one-kit, no-gs guide. I'm converting up a regiment of his fellows who'll have hoods, and great weapons (A bit of a fan of your Brotherhood of Hashut models).
I'm also going to do a regiment of "Northern" Chaos Dwarfs using the Berserker torsos and Marauder shields (They were cheap on TheWarstore).

Baggronor:

Cut down CWs seem to work rather well :slight_smile:

Nice jobs

Kera foehunter:

that a cool model too!!

Bassman:

Normally I’m not a great fan of “Chaos Warriors Dwarfs” :slight_smile: but yours rock! Waht I appreciate the most is they are really aggressive! The last ones with GW seems to watch the enemy ans say “come closer, come closer…” :hashut

Hashut’s Blessing:

They all look good to me. I like the pickaxe-axe of the first one, a lot!

The second one, As has been said: give the boots a lip, ake a small int on the chainmail (you said ou’d sculpt some on anyway), maybe swap the shields. A couple of extras/alternatives: sculpt a short beard on, glue the shied a little closer to the floo on that arm (as that’s what’s making it look a lttle off) and maybe cut the gloves on, then just the ends of the gloves and glue back on.

The third one sounds like a LOT of work, unless you make a mold for th legs to speed it up.

The top one seems cheapest, the middle one seems easiest (but maybe bes left for immortals or DoW in a CoW army or something), the last one seemed coolest, I think. The proportions might need a slight mix around.