[Archive] chaos dwarf throne conversion

Rave26:

hey guys new member i just thought your site has inspired my love for the big hat stunties heres some wip pictures i thought id share with you all.

im getting them ready for the uk games day this year

kind regards rave

any comments and criticisms would be most appreciated

p.s sorry for the crappy picture quality im using my mobile camera at the moment  [attachment=3062][attachment=3063][attachment=3064][attachment=3065]

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

DAGabriel:

I am really no professional and i am used to some crappy pics but these are topping everything.

Not everyone can take good pictures with optimal lighting, me too. But to present pics that are not sharp enough to discern relevant things and to ask for c&c is rather cheeky if not a discourtesy.

So if you want more than a “learn to do better pics” you should do a little better.

Browse through this for inspiration:http://chestofcolors.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=18d47e599c2226446c0332d933beeb5a

Kera foehunter:

The only thing i have to say is

THERE FREAKING GREAT love the white dwarf as an evil cd

* high 5 *

Rave26:

The only thing i have to say is

THERE FREAKING  GREAT   love the white dwarf as an evil cd
* high 5 *

Kera foehunter
why thank you hope to get a digital camera and get better pics soon thank you for the nice comment unlike the previous poster which i found to be very rude

dave

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I love the idea of using the White Dwarf into a Chaos Dwarf. Not sure how you actually plan on using him in game though. Still, I applaud the effort to corrupt him!

DAGabriel : +1 to your post but I’d also add it is equally discourteous to ask a favor of an oppinion but then not bother to even try to use capital letters or punctuation. Usually when you want something from someone, you try and be as polite as possible.

Grimbold Blackhammer

DAGabriel:

why thank you hope to get a digital camera and get better pics soon thank you for the nice comment unlike the previous poster which i found to be very rude

dave

Rave26
Sorry if it appeared rude.

If you only want to earn some praises that is no problem, you will find a certain amount of people who will cheer you along regardless of what you post.
But honestly, take a critical look at your pics and tell me what you would expect regarding comments and criticisms.
All 4 pics are way out of focus.

I don`t mind people who post pics done to their best of abilities and normally encourage them or praise their efforts even if i don`t really like the results, but -

if someone asks for c&c I think he wants to improve, and regarding this I can only tell you this:
blurry pics are not really helpful, if you can do better pics (and I assume you can) wait some days with posting and post the better ones.
Since you do conversions with green stuff I further assume that you aren`t new to the hobby.
If someone is sitting next to you it is quite easy to be helpful, but on every forum the visitor to your thread has to work with your pics, so if a certain percentage are out of focus or even, if asked about painting, off color it is very hard to give you a decent statement.

Photography is a central part of our hobby, if we want to work in the Internet.

Please take a look at this pic of one of my favorite painters (paintress in this case).

C&c regarding this model would be about color quality, the lighting and so on (not that i would try to find a fault here, way above my head). You can`t do that if you haven`t got the pics or if you can`t be sure of the pics.

If anybody is interested, i am quite willing to do a small "how to" concerning the theme.

Kind regards and gladly willing to comment on good pics!

warh:

The camera is focusing on the bits in the background. One easy tip to good pictures is to have a plain background, put your camera further away from the miniature and most important don’t zoom in! then you just have to crop the pictures in photoshop or whatever.

Rave26:

Fair enough guys i will do my best to further improve my photographic abilities. Yes i do agree on the focus of my pictures will try and get better pictures later today when i have time. Im sure i can work the white dwarf as a chaos hero/lord hes far from finished.

kind regards Dave

Rave26:

Warh thanks for the advice as well. many thanks :slight_smile:

Rave26:

Warh thanks for the advice as well. many thanks :)

Rave26
new and improved pictures guys :)

vulcanologist:

Very nice. Is that your first attempt at sculpting with greenstuff? Keep it up!

Rave26:

Very nice. Is that your first attempt at sculpting with greenstuff? Keep it up!

vulcanologist
thanks on a serious scale yeah i mostly been doing chaos over the years with green stuff easy to do lol. These chaos dwarfs really inspired me to try my hand at green stuff.

warh:

The pictures looks much better! The dwarfs looks great as well, I like your style.

Rave26:

Thanks guys just trying to work out some sketches at the moment i dont want the typical chaos dwarf scale armour they are the lords body guard after all. Ive still got a alot to do but will post furthur pics when ive done abit more. If anyones wondering the models ive used are the old oop dwarf throne bearers for the throne of power. Still have my my big hats to sculpt i love a challenge. The white dwarf conversion im still trying to get a decent photo will update soon.

dave

Burske:

That is a much clearer picture, and I like where you are going. Keep it up!

Larendard:

Whoa, those dwarfs are eeeeeeeeeeviel! o.O

Nice, i like it!

Obsidian Muse:

The throne bearers look great, but where has the picture of the throne when of to?

Kera foehunter:

Love the chubby ewoks… MOre please