[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Unit Fillers

Sticklander:

Wickedly brilliant! I love how your fleshing out the dawi zharr world!

Abecedar:

Truly inspired work. Stop making me want to start more stuff instead of finishing what is already not finished

Bloodbeard:

Poor fellow.

Really nice stuff you’ve done there Admiral. Simple gallow he says, nothing simple about green stuff wor this great.

Here: Have a couple of new slaves. Use one for more mutilatino and one in the mines.

Yodrin:

Thats a wicked and grotesk unit filler… and I like it…:wink:

Ben Saunders:

* Torches on 20mm bases. For fill in when a just need one guy more here and there. Made from sprue, with a pin, dwarf shield+dwarf buckler top and toiletpaper flame. Will add some colour to the regiment.

Will use torches generally. Put similar torches on warmachine bases, banner tops and other unitfillers.

Bloodbeard
You have some good fillers there already, but I look forward to seeing how these turn out. I remember seeing a Lustrian themed Empire army in WD a while back that seemed to feature similar one model fillers, presumably marking out previous campaigns. It seems like a good idea to me and less likely to produce the complaints sometimes directed against large fillers.

Admiral:

@Sticklander: Thank you kindly, sir!

@Abecedar: Then finish what you’ve started and then start on new stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Building gallows and flayman is dead simple. If you don’t adorn it with lots of details I think you could finish both in an evening.

@Herby: Thank you very much! That’s flattering. :cheers

@Bloodbeard: Thank you! The slaves will be brutalized according to our ancient traditions.

The gallows is actually a simple piece of work. If you don’t adorn it with lots of details, or just chuck on any bits with glue, I’m sure you could build both a gallows and flayman in an evening. That’s why they’re shown in this thread. :slight_smile:

@Yodrin: Wicked thanks. :wink:

I guess I should post the finished flayman so you know how it look with a bit of paint on.

Mivrash Faz:

Thank you very much, all! Maybe a High Elf will be next in line for some deserved flaying... :cheers

Simple gallows unit filler copied from my log:

Speaking of brutality, we also have this ritual Goblin-gallows, with the face of a mythical strangler-Daemon which is believed to haunt Slaves and insubordinate minions from the dark corners of the earth. This is simple work, simply plastic sprue bits clobbed together with some thread, brickabrack details and a hanged victim.

The platform is made up of three layers of plastic sprue, with grey stuff brickwork. As you might spot, the Goblin isn't whole and sale. In a mutilation rite his right ear was cut off, his left lower leg axed and put in a pot (footwear thrown aside) and his scalp scalped and thrown like rubbish on the staircase. When death arrives, all body functions cease as corpse go limp. That's why there's a spot of Gobbo dung, somewhat to the left, implying even before hanging or violent swaying to the sides in the hemp rope.

Admiral
I just saw this. Verrrry Nicccce. You have a wicked imagination. Did you post a pic of this painted?

Bloodbeard:

A 40mm hobgoblin unitfiller.

A hobgoblin beastmaster, some chain and a chaos warhound.

toco:

Unit fillers for Chaos Dwarfs:

- Rockfire Dreadnoughts (from D&D Miniatures)

- Plastic medieval fire baskets (from GW Bretonnian Bowmen)

- A torture rack (from HeroQuest)

- A door/portal (from Warhammer Quest)

- Captives / Slaves

Pictures about this in my blog:

Fireborn | Miniature Games Construction Yard | BoardGameGeek