[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Warmachines

Deebo:

What is your favourite Chaos Dwarf warmachine and why?

I choose the hobgoblin bolt throwers for the greater aim which I find usefull for taking down characters with its D3 wounds and also for picking off other artillery crews, They are also very cheap.

Thommy H:

Earthshaker. If you didn’t pick it, you haven’t used it. And if you have used it but still didn’t pick it, you haven’t been using it properly.

Obsidian:

Definitly the Earthshaker, best warmachine in Warhammer for me!

AGPO:

TENDERISER!!! Come on, why is there no option for this!!!

Willmark:

Thommy-no one will disagree that the ES is the best weapon but this poll was for favorite war machine.

I voted for bolt thrower because I had a blast modeling them and for some strange reason hobbos drew me to the army in the first place.

Thommy H:

Favourite = the one I think is best. That’s what the word means, doesn’t it?

AGPO:

But not necessarily ‘best’ in terms of game play. It could be the most characterful (IMO Death Rockets) the best model or whatever. Still think its the Tenderiser FTW…

torn:

i picked death rocket, and will probably be the only one. i know they arent much use on the battlefield but i know if i came across all three in real life which one i would play with first!

plus i have had some cool modeling ideas for some.

Thommy H:

It could be the most characterful (IMO Death Rockets) the best model or whatever.
Have you seen what I use for an Earthshaker? It could fire a Strength 1 shot 4" and have a rule that prevents my entire army from shooting and kills D6 of my models a turn and I'd still take it.

Theory_Man:

Death Rockets.

The Death Rocket is the weapon that separates us chaotic dwarfs from the lame “orderly” version of dwarfs. :cheers

Thommy H:

How? It’s just a stone thrower that has a 1 in 9 chance of scattering further. The Earthshaker’s special rule is about a million times more interesting and useful.

Canix:

Its the Earthshaker for me just for the look on the opponents face when their Cheesy Gunline/Fast cavalry doesnt win them the battle because its the only tactic they use:hat

Theory_Man:

How? It's just a stone thrower that has a 1 in 9 chance of scattering further. The Earthshaker's special rule is about a million times more interesting and useful.

Thommy H
In terms of fluff not game play.
About a million times huh, I thought it would be more around 4 or 5 times.
:P

Thommy H:

No, it’s exactly one million.

Kera foehunter:

earth skaker the best warmachine

Knight Of Awsome:

Earthshaker, its a nice big cannon that everyone wants to make sound effects for. BOOM

Deebo:

Wow I did not expect such reaction to the poll…

When I wrote it I did have in mind that the favourite was in terms of game play but I dont seem to have worded it that way so now it could be your favourite for gameplay or just for being a cool model in which case I would take the Earth shaker for best model but deffinately not for gaming… it may be interesting and have cool effects but getting the thing to hit what you want is a different story!

This is why I picked the boltys cuz they miss or hit exactly what I want and once they hit they usually hurt it… sometimes badly as High King Thorgrim found out in my last game when I used the 2 boltys and a ES (the ES made one unit move half rate and not shoot in one turn then did nothing but come close to getting something and then blew up)

Agpo- The Tenderizor and the whirlwind are not in this poll for 2 reasons…

1st, They are not in the ravening hordes and I was thinking when I wrote this that it was going to be about gaming but I kinda messed that up a little, but its still intresting!

2nd, It would be no contest! Clearly these are superior weapons in looks and gameplay! :wink:

Tommy- I am interested in hearing how you use your Earthshaker “properly” (I am not being cheeky, I am really interested to hear your tips, thankyou)

Theory_Man:

No, it's exactly one million.

Thommy H
Ok, so long as you are 139% sure on that. :P

AGPO:

Agpo- The Tenderizor and the whirlwind are not in this poll for 2 reasons....
1st, They are not in the ravening hordes and I was thinking when I wrote this that it was going to be about gaming but I kinda messed that up a little, but its still intresting!
2nd, It would be no contest! Clearly these are superior weapons in looks and gameplay! ;)

Tommy- I am interested in hearing how you use your Earthshaker "properly" (I am not being cheeky, I am really interested to hear your tips, thankyou)

Deebo
Aah, that explains the absence of the hellcannon as well. As far as using the 'shaker properly goes, its main weapon is not the damage it does but its special rule. It's main use is to slow the ememy down and stop them from shooting. This allows your chaos dwarfs to either get more shots off or to allow them to close for handto hand relatively unharmed. It's also useful for shuting down pesky flanking manouvres or in a refused flank for deviding the enemy's advance

Viskar Zhragoth:

Well, As far as I am concerned, it is currently the earthshaker. I just love its performance against gunlines and fast attack type armies.

However, I did always like the old juggernaut model myself…