[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs by Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat:

Has it really been over 5months already? Shame on me :(.

Well anyways Hello all, I’m sort of back.

I mean I have been lurking here all the time, but I haven’t really played or painted more chaos dwarfs. I have been busy with work and painting some commissions for my friends (just recently I painted 60 zombies for my friend - too much dead flesh…) So I have been working a bit with my list for chaos dwarfs and I have already bought most of the things I need to complete my 2000+ points army. So here is a something I actually got finished!

10 Hobgoblin wolfriders with HW,Shield, Light armour & musician. They are still a bit WiP (couple of shades for brass bits and wolves/hounds and a few details and fixes) Also the flash ruined the picture, but I hope you get the idea.

Still to come…

BSB (probably dwarf on foot, I might go for the Bullcentaur hero also.

Lord on great taurus (juggernaut with mechanical wings + dwarf on back - Idea shamelessly stolen :yar).

2nd death rocket.

2-4 bolt throwers

Eartshaker/Hellcannon

And maybe (it will take forever) some slaves and black orcs.

G.2:

...the goggles look ace gives them a really menacing feel.

Loki
I too really love the goggles. Quite steampunkish - which I quite like.

Mahtipakarat:

Shame on me, almost a year last time I updated this ‘blog’ well I have been busy working and drinking, mostly drinking though. I got a huge inspiration to build a 2,4k dwarf tourney list but then when I was almost complete the tournament I were going to attend was canceled on last minute, but I somehow kept on working with the project, now it’s nearing it’s completion and I decided to give you all a sneak peek and hopefully further motivate myself on finishing this project.

cornixt:

So a Taurus conversion is in the works?

Glimpse the Void:

Any tips on making the goggles? Those are sweet!

Golder Goldeater:

Your force is wonderful!

I see Gamezone hammerers and slayers(maybe BSB?),scibor BSB and mantic!

I like the earthshaker anvil and the unit have a unified look dispite their differences!

Congrats:hat off

PS; Mind 2 tell me how do you plan using the slayers, organ guns and hammerers for?

Mahtipakarat:

So a Taurus conversion is in the works?

cornixt
well yes and no, I have extra juggernaut and some scratch build wings, also a pair of dragon wings lying around, so i might work on it and build it... But I also got *This* from scibor miniatures so I'll probably end up using that one. I'm not too skilled with greenstuff and other conversion material, so I tend to just buy the miniatures I like.
Any tips on making the goggles?  Those are sweet!

Glimpse the Void
Sure, I used 2mm thick plasticard rod (same size as standard spear shaft on most minis) then cut it into tiny pieces, apply a small strip of greenstuff to your miniatures face and blob the rod pieces over the eyes (small needle will be handy on this point) then let to harden over night and paint. And painting is easy I used some vallejo green (I think it was Scurf green not sure) and then shading it with white  towards one corner until you have around 1:3 part of green and white mix. then just a tiny blob of white on the corner of the lens and it looks like that. oh and gloss varnish over the lens. Other parts paint black or dark brown to look like leather or something similar (metal could work nicely too)
Your force is wonderful!
I see Gamezone hammerers and slayers(maybe BSB?),scibor BSB and mantic!
I like the earthshaker anvil and the unit have a unified look dispite their differences!

Congrats:hat off

PS; Mind 2 tell me how do you plan using the slayers, organ guns and hammerers for?

Golder Goldeater
Thank you,  I want to use mostly other miniatures than basic gw plastics and I getting more all the time, Hammerers from gamezone as you said, slayers are a mixture of GW slayers and doomseekers, some GW character slayers (all not painted yet) blood bowl Grim Ironjaw, 5 Gamezone sworn dwarfs and avatars of war slayers (not painted either :mad).. Some scibor minis mostly for characters, and some other not so well known manufacturers. Constantly trying to find more good looking miniatures to add for my collection.

I'm currently using a dwarf list to work my way to a tournament legal list (most tournaments don't allow chaos dwarfs by default). I didn't thought anvil as earthshaker, but I'm really liking the idea and will probably end up using it. Although I have hellcannon lying around somewhere and I really should paint it.

Next I'm thinking of building more greenskins, so when I do get a change to use the Chaos dwarf list I would have the models ready.

Thank you all for comments.:hat off

BTW what is the current 'official' or least 'unofficial' list people are using? Is the old 2page gw list they made for 6th ed still usable? or do people use something else more commonly?

Mahtipakarat:

What is this? Update in almost under 2months since last!

Only a sneak peek, since i haven’t completed anything.

I had to take pictures of my hellcannon since some parts were dublicate.

So here is my hellcannons. (using Dropbox again tell if pictures wont show and I’ll upload them somewhere else)

You can see my problem, on the right, both of the t-shaped parts are exactly the same so it wont assemble. I was quite pissed off about this since I bought the model because I didn’t want to convert 2nd hellcannon due to time reasons. I’m going to a tournament in 2 weeks and wanted to use both of them. Also It’s stupid that I noticed it after I painted the parts and started assembling. So now if I have to use that part I have to file it down, stuff it, and then repaint it :mad /End of rant.

Then the real sneak peek.

My Tauruslord about 99% complete (and messy work area).

both hellcannons again.

around 20ish Warriors with Great weapon, from collection of miniatures.

I have still 15 more warriors waiting for basecoating. I think the total comes to 38 without musicians and standards.

the models are pretty much

GW BFSP Miners converted with a bit Green stuffing

Gamezone Veterans (Really longbearded dwarfs with weird halberd/gw weapons and booze.

Gamezone 2-handed dwarfs. Smaller short bearded fellows with ENORMOUS hammers and axes (seriously huge compared to their size

Few gamezone hammerers

Few models from scibor

and few others that I cant remember now.

I’ll upload better pictures when something is fully finished.

Few words about upcoming tournaments this year. There are 2 small tournaments where I’m going this year and since my Chaos dwarves are almost complete (to 2400pts) I’m planning on taking them to both of these tourneys, they are using Thommys rules there. I will might post real tournament reports here after, if I’m not completely humiliated there :P.

My list will be something like this:

-tauruslord

-BSB

-2xlvl2 metal sorcerers

-2x20ish Stormcallers

-10 wolfriders

-2x10 acolytes

-2x deathrockets

-1x hellcannon type daemonic engine.

Mahtipakarat:

New development on my hellcannon case. GW says that I must either go to my nearest GW store (300km / around 200miles) to change the set, or send the set back and get a new one. So I’m raging all over the internet about my stupidity for not checking the pieces properly, and having to spend time and effort for making it to work. :frowning:

Thommy H:

I'm planning on taking them to both of these tourneys, they are using Thommys rules there.
:o

Which tourneys are these? I'd be interested in contacting the organisers.

Army looks good too, although technically you're actually not allowed to field a Scibor miniature to represent anything in my book. It's in the small print at the front.

Mahtipakarat:

:o

Which tourneys are these? I'd be interested in contacting the organisers.

Thommy H

The tournaments in question are Ostium X and Jäävasara II, both are small Finnish independent tournaments ostium is 2.-3.7. and currently has 25/36 participants and the other one is 20-21.8 and at the moment has 14/20 participants. I can try and contact the organisers for you if you really are serious about this. (give me an pm or respond here and I'll see what I can do).
Army looks good too, although technically you're actually not allowed to field a Scibor miniature to represent anything in my book. It's in the small print at the front.

Thommy H
WHAT :mad THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! Why am I not allowed to use them! Also I searched for your book for this addition but couldn't find it. So you must be trying to anger me some more. I will not have this sort of banter from anyone today, I'm a serious person tonight.

Do you have some personal hatred towards scibor or what? I myself just started having great feelings of dislike towards games workshop. Is there something is should know about scibor as well? or am I already brainwashed :D.

Thommy H:

The tournaments in question are Ostium X and Jäävasara II, both are small Finnish independent tournaments ostium is 2.-3.7. and currently has 25/36 participants and the other one is 20-21.8 and at the moment has 14/20 participants. I can try and contact the organisers for you if you really are serious about this. (give me an pm or respond here and I'll see what I can do).
Well, I mostly just want to thank them and make sure they're using the finished version of the book. It's quite flattering that 50-odd people might be exposed to my work! And it's a hell of a playtest too, so I'd be interested in seeing how the results go. It's a lot of trust being placed in my rules, let's put it like that. I'm a bit nervous.
Do you have some personal hatred towards scibor or what?
Yeah. I'm not going to go into it here. I'm just not a fan of his work or the way he "sculpts" certain parts of his models (i.e. by press moulding them from GW parts). I was only kidding about the Scibor clause in my book. Use whatever figures you like!

Mahtipakarat:

Well, I mostly just want to thank them and make sure they're using the finished version of the book. It's quite flattering that 50-odd people might be exposed to my work! And it's a hell of a playtest too, so I'd be interested in seeing how the results go. It's a lot of trust being placed in my rules, let's put it like that. I'm a bit nervous.

Thommy H
Well as I said I'm probably making some sort of tournament report here after the tournament(s), so you can see the result there... Though advance warning the tournament is more of an social event and alcoholic beverages are drank there so that will hinder my ability to win. My point is rather to have good time than to actually win :P.
EDIT: and yes they are using the most up to date rules of your book.
Yeah. I'm not going to go into it here. I'm just not a fan of his work or the way he "sculpts" certain parts of his models (i.e. by press moulding them from GW parts). I was only kidding about the Scibor clause in my book. Use whatever figures you like!

Thommy H
Well you have your reasons to dislike scibor and I have mine to dislike gw and other manufacturers. My Ultimate plan was to create a good and unified looking chaos dwarf force without using Any of the old gw chaos dwarf figures of the past. and then it changed into making a force out of figures and not having ANY gw figures at all (this was pre hellcannon disaster time btw) I have found many many alternative producers of great dwarf miniatures and I want them all!

Mahtipakarat:

Good day to you all.

I have finished every model I need for the upcoming tournament, so I decided to post my new progress here.

This is my Chaos Dwarf lord on Great taurus.

the picture shines a lot since again no decent photo skills and the varnish makes it a bit more shiny.

Here is photo of him bit less shiny and a lot more tiny.

Oh well, when I finally decide to take good pictures I’ll build a light box and photo everything again. and maybe at the same time go for the gallery contributor medal :idea.

My 1st hellcannon/Daemonic engine/Earthshaker.

and from different angle.

Then the full 2.4k armyshot for the upcoming tournament. (don’t bother with the silver army medal, i’m going straight for the 4k one!)

And now, for the grand finale, the moment you all have been waiting for. And the picture that came out perfectly…

Hit them with a hammer and you have yourself one frenzied bull.

Kind of sad really that, that is the only picture that I’m really satisfied x.x.

Well comments and compliments are still welcome as always.

cheers

-Mahtipakarat

nitroglysarine:

You put my snails pace progress to shame. A great sized force already!

Abecedar:

brilliant stuff and its all coming of that insanely chaotic painting table. I bet nitros snail would beat mine in a race. Keep your stuff coming and a blurb on how the tournament goes.