[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs in Aussie Masters!

The Snowman:

Big well done to Matt Cole who is taking Chaos Dwarfs to the Australian Masters this weekend. There is a breakdown of the tourney and all the lists that will be playing (as well as comp scores) on the website here…

http://www.irresistibleforce.com.au/Masters/2008.aspx

Go the Chaos Dwarfs!!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Awesome! Great going dude!

Kera foehunter:

thanks snowman for this great job

Ghrask Dragh:

Good luck matt, keep us posted on how he does!

Willmark:

Awesome. Nice to see he has the highest composition score.

wallacer:

That’s a pretty nice list.

Hashut’s Blessing:

That’s quite cool. I just wonder if it was Chaos Dwarf models using Dwarf rules (like in the canadian “Paint or Die” thing) or if they used the PDF.

The Snowman:

They use the pdf. I will try to find links to pics of his army sometime… I think he has posted them on another forum. He usually goes by the name of “Colezy”.

He also features on a podcast talking about using CD’s in the current 7th Ed rules, just some subtle changes to lists to make them more effective. I’ll see if I can find it later on. (‘Podhammer’ episode 5 or 6 I think, nicknamed ‘Hashutcast’).

Willmark:

hmmm someone trying to muscle in on our CDO podcasts!?!?!

Auretious Taak:

I must say that is quite an interesting and broad range of armies, the fact there aren’t Ogres (Haha sucks to be a fatty!) makes me smile, but equally the amount of expensive flammable targets that Colezy shall be facing is quite nice. The Lord can in one Tomb Kings army make almost 500 pts off of just 2 wounds!

I left this open to respond to for about 5 hours and now I can’t remember what else I was going to say apart from requesting Snowman for any of the local australian forums he looks upon as I am out of touch with the local tournament scene.

Cheers,

Auretious Taak.

The Snowman:

Here is the link. http://podhammer.net/category/podcasts/page/6/
Halfway down the page, Episode 5. By no means are they taking away from CDO podcast, this was a one off in their 36+ episodes, they regularly review all the armies. CDO actually get a shout out on the web page too.

When listening you have to remember that High Elves were the new thing… therefore much of the latest versions of Chaos Daemons, Dark Elves and Chaos warriors were unknown at the time.

Still an interesting look at a ‘Get you by’ list spanning 6th to 7th Ed (and how to use it more effectively).

Auretious T… I will PM you.

clam:

Halfway down the page, Episode 5. By no means are they taking away from CDO podcast, this was a one off in their 36+ episodes, they regularly review all the armies. CDO actually get a shout out on the web page too.

The Snowman
I love those podhammer-episodes, where Jeff brings Matt on the air. That's the kind of publicity this army needs :) Good luck, Matt - hopes the army do well :hat

Btw: I think, Matt (colzey) was a member here back in 2007, but haven't seen him around lately!

Willmark:

The Snowman
Don't worry dude it was me being sarcastic. I agree with Clam, at this stage of the game any promotion is good promotion for our army.

cornixt:

The lastest episode has a bit of talk about CDs. Cole used Dwarfs at the tournament it was recorded at, sounds like he will be using CDs with CD rules at the masters.

Triton:

Regular round updates will be done through Account Suspended thread. starting from page 2. There is mention of podcasting some games. So hopefully Colzey can get a few wins under his belt and we’ll get to see his boys in action :). I’m going for a mid range finish for him. As there are some top players (wouldn’t be a masters field then would it !!!) there most of these guys are in the Australian team for the European WHFB champs next year.

The Snowman:

Very sad so far. Colezy has only managed 6 battle points in 3 games (6/60). and they were all in the first game. I’m hoping he can pull a win out tomorrow to give the CD’s a bit of a boost.

Live (well as live as it can be) posting can be found here… as are some results… end of day one on p3

Account Suspended

Currently Colezy is coming last on battle points … but he could be coming as high as 14th (out of 16) with his comp score factored in.

The Snowman:

The Australian Masters is finished…

Someone one… but there wasn’t a Chasos dwarf anywhere near the podium. Matt finished on 20 battle points out of a possible 120 and ended up with the wooden spoon. I’ll keep an eye out for any battle reports and link them if I can. A sad day.

On a (slightly) better note, I had my first game against Daemons today at 2000 points. Ended up going down 11-9 which is much better than anticipated. My 4 bolties and Earthshaker were out of the game by turn 2, then luck swung my way which saw his Great Unclean one (with 10 wounds etc!!) miscast, rolled 5 on miscast chart, cast my own spell, PIT OF SHADES!!!, he could not dispell, rolled a 6 on initiative test… Bye bye GUO…

Unfortunately his turn 6 saw him get my taurus and also my general… ended up pretty close.

Willmark:

I’m not really surprised to be honest. He sound like a very good general. But one thing has become painful clear in my outings is that the lists is in dire need of special rules to put it on par with the armies of today.

My first game against a buddy of mine when I trotted out my CDs was “Man the army rules are like playing and army from 3rd or 4th”. He and I have been playing against each other since 3rd edition days back in 1990.

The list for Chaos Dwarfs is for the most part, great IMHO, that’s not the main issue. Its the fact that so many armies have been revamped, (in most cases multiple times) and that CDs have not kept up.

Of course it could be argued that a great general can play with anything, true to a point. Warhammer armies have parity… to a point they are close, but ours sticks out like a sore thumb in that regard.

The Snowman:

I agree totally Willmark. I think Matt just couldn’t get things to go his way all weekend… Account Suspended His battle report shows that his Earthshaker didn’t do much and he failed some important leadership tests.

We had a great chat about Chaos Dwarfs around the table at our club Christmas BBQ last night… I’m the only CD player but all those involved want to see the CD’s back with a competitive list… (many parallels were given to the WE list that was temporary for so long).

I’m planning on using them all next year in the tourney scene, I don’t expect to do amazing things with them and win a tourney , I aim to have fun. (If I wanted to win I would play VC or Daemons).

Willmark:

Probably the best bet for those places allowing the CD list, go into it with a realalistic frame of reference/mindset. Realize you aren’t going to win with the list but do it anyways.