[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs Online Magazine Project

Crimson Prophet:

Its in Microsoft Word 2003. A prerequisite for the assignment. Your background of the icon looks cool, but I’m not sure.

Xander:

Background of the icon?

Crimson Prophet:

Background of the icon?

Xander
Sorry, i cant find the world. Umm. ok. the wesbite's banner background at the top of the page? That looks distinct and unique. How would that be as a background of sorts with "parchment" with the writing on top of that?

melic67:

Im working on a mordhiem list and i am almost done. If you want to put that into the magazine you could.(after you look it over.) I just need to do the item list and I will be done.:cheers

Crimson Prophet:

Are you referring to Page 29? If so, then sure, I’ll definitely look over it, and most likely approve it. Just PM me when you have done it… dont wanna leak spoilers do we? ; )

Uzkul Werit:

My article is a little bit too big. I’ll send you one half now and then the second half can always go in the following issue.

Hobgoblyn:

I don’t know much about Microsoft Word 2003’s capabilities, but I highly suggest that if you really want to do a serious magazine that you lay it out in Pagemaker or InDesign and then produce it as a PDF.

Even Illustrator would work if you use it correctly…

But Microsoft Word, at least the versions I’ve used, from my experience, is amongst the worst programs you could use to produce a publication in.

Crimson Prophet:

Uzkil: Sure thats fine, a two parter would be ok.

Hobgoblyn: Yeah, I know what you mean, however, I’m doing the “inferior” copy for school and then I’ll spend more time on the mag after school when I dont have too much hassel on me, as exams are closing in and I’m doing a state-wide test tommorrow and the day after. :S

Ingrown:

Only just noticed this thread, oops, is the map just the one thats in the old battle books and things or a fan made one showing where peoples armies are fluff wise, cos mine are kind of stuck in albion out of shame and stuff (nearly finished my fluff!!! but its getting stupidly long)

Crimson Prophet:

If anyone else hasnt submitted anything to me, please do it as soon as possible. PM me when you have stuff, and then I will provide my email address. I am handing in the school version next week, so the maximum amount of content now would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Uzkul Werit:

My article has been sent in everybody, just so you know that we’re slowly coming along with things. :smiley:

Crimson Prophet:

I have to say now that I dont know if I will be able to complete this with my schooling nearing an end, and my looking for a job. In addition, I dont have the proper materials. However, I am willing to give this a go to as far as I can take this. Im in fact planning to start a website for my guild-to-be for Warhammer Online, and Im not sure if I can do both. Meh, we’ll see.

Uzkul Werit:

I’m sorry to hear that, Crimson Prophet!

Perhaps my article would be of some use to the site, Xander?

grom:

I have to say now that I dont know if I will be able to complete this with my schooling nearing an end, and my looking for a job. In addition, I dont have the proper materials. However, I am willing to give this a go to as far as I can take this. Im in fact planning to start a website for my guild-to-be for Warhammer Online, and Im not sure if I can do both. Meh, we'll see.

Crimson Prophet
So u dont have time for complete project, but u will find some for playing WO? :P:D

Crimson Prophet:

Not wanting to sound selfish, but yes Grom. WO is prophezied to be awesome 1000, and I am the Crimson Prophet… see the connection. In addition, I have several fanatic friends who are really excited making our roleplaying guild, so I have an obligation to all parties.

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek:

Isn’t it otherwise possible to hand the project over to other people?

I mean, the idea is (in my opinion) a nice one and there appears to be more then enough enthusiasm to see this get launched. All it needs is a group of dedicated writers, a small editor team and someone with the knowledge of formatting… In the end, a couple of articles make a magazine and it needs to grow from somewhere.

Greetz

Crimson Prophet:

Isn't it otherwise possible to hand the project over to other people?

I mean, the idea is (in my opinion) a nice one and there appears to be more then enough enthusiasm to see this get launched. All it needs is a group of dedicated writers, a small editor team and someone with the knowledge of formatting... In the end, a couple of articles make a magazine and it needs to grow from somewhere.

Greetz

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
I would gladly organize all the files that I have put together as a parting "gift" per se. I would also wish the team that takes on this project a jolly good luck and apoligize for my stupidty. The one who desires the files (separated for emailing size limits) will certainly recieve the files ASAP.

Julio:

You should have a section on saving money, like “green stuff” becomes epoxy putty, and “GW Clippers” become just plastic and soft metal clippers. Also retailers for such items. I think that would be useful for a lot of people.

melic67:

I dont think i could continue the project But i would want to see whats been done and all that. So someone should continue this. I thinks it would be cool to finish.

Xander:

Anything become of this? People should post any articles they have made!