[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs triumph down under

wallacer:

Sam Moore (the Captain of the Aussie ETC team) wins Convic 2012 using Chaos Dwarfs.  And by a fairly convincing margin:
Account Suspended

CopperPot:

Would be good if we could see the list he was using

wallacer:

Would be good if we could see the list he was using

CopperPot
Don't worry, i've asked. :)

Da Crusha:

ohh, very cool! hopefully it was the LoA list.

richard barby:

do you know if hes taking them to etc with him

eudaimon:

I am taking it to the ETC with me, so no reveals.

However there was nothing controversial in the list, just fairly balanced all around.  I relied on a LOT of luck and shock value.  

Oh, and hot tip, bubble Glittering Robe is the best spell in the game for CDs. St 6 dwarfs with 2+ save. Yummy.

So much so that after the ETC I think i will try a combat build with 3 combat blocks of dwarfs with Castellans, a couple of BC units, led by a lvl 4 on Metal, with Lvl 2 on Hashut for Hatred (and possibly Ashstorm if I am lucky).

Think of it, Hatred, 2+ save, +1 to hit (and magical), St 6. Oh the wonder.

flashgordon:

except the lvl2 cant have it, if you meant lvl 3 then thats ok :slight_smile:

eudaimon:

Details Details, my lvl 3 will be carrying the Flask. Nuff said.

thrawn:

nice! Well done!

can you give us a more detailed list? how many points? what worked well, what didn’t?

Bolg:

Congrats! and I like the thought of it just being a well balanced list. Dont forget to share it after ETC!

(and say hi to the Dutch team for me)

themanbelow:

However there was nothing controversial in the list, just fairly balanced all around.  I relied on a LOT of luck and shock value.  

Oh, and hot tip, bubble Glittering Robe is the best spell in the game for CDs.  St 6 dwarfs with 2+ save.  Yummy.

So much so that after the ETC I think i will try a combat build with 3 combat blocks of dwarfs with Castellans, a couple of BC units, led by a lvl 4 on Metal, with Lvl 2 on Hashut for Hatred (and possibly Ashstorm if I am lucky).

Think of it, Hatred, 2+ save, +1 to hit (and magical), St 6.  Oh the wonder.

eudaimon
Sorry, I'm being dumb here why is it a 2+?  Black shard = 4+ with scaly = 3+ and then GW????  What am I missing?

Ignore me it's a 5+ scaly!!!

The Besieger:

Oh, and hot tip, bubble Glittering Robe is the best spell in the game for CDs.  St 6 dwarfs with 2+ save.  Yummy.

Think of it, Hatred, 2+ save, +1 to hit (and magical), St 6.  Oh the wonder.

eudaimon
About lvl 2 with the lore of Hashut.
LVL 2 = a HERO = Deamonsmith Sorcerer.
The Deamonsmith Sorcerer can only take Fire/Metal or Death.
So no lvl 2 possible with the lore of Hashut. :)

Abecedar:

Per the gut who made post #27 on the site Wallacer provided the link for…

Quote “The orc list was something like blorc warboss, blorc bsb, lvl4 Orc shaman, lvl 2 gobbo, 25 big uns, 25 orcs, 10 arrer boyz, 2 giants, 3 or 4 single trolls, rock lobber, and 25blorcs.

My list was 2 x khorne herald, slaanesh herald with siren song, tzeentch herald with loremaster light, 2x 27 bloodletters, 28 deamonettes, 10 horrors, 2 x single fiends, 2x5 furies, 2x5 fleshhounds and 3 flamers.

Sam had 2 blocks of infernal guard, a bsb, 2 lvl2s, a lvl 4 general, a kdai, a hellcannon, 2 blocks of gobbos, a magma cannon and the doomrocket warmachine.” Unquote

Ender SpiteSworn:

Cool, thanks. Thats some solid casting and decent shooting. Looks like a well rounded list.

Great Job on the win of course!

brotsorrow:

Congrats on what seemed like a great event! The comments regarding the tournament were great to read.

wallacer:

The ETC lists have been posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhmjr47aod55wca

Da Crusha:

this is the list for anyone that doesn’t want to download.

Sam Moore ©, Chaos Dwarfs

Sorcerer-Prophet: General, Lvl 4, Hashut, Blackshard Armour, Darkforge Weapon, Enchanted Shield, Earthing Rod, Talisman of Protection,

Ironcurse Icon 380

Daemonsmith Sorceror: Lvl 2, Fire, Ensorcelled Hand Weapon, Blackshard Armour, Dispell Scroll,155

Daemonsmith Sorceror: Lvl 2, Metal, Ensorcelled Hand Weapon, Blackshard Armour, Dragonbane Gem 135

Infernal Castellan: BSB, Warrior Bane, Shield, Blackshard Armour, The Mask of the Furnace, Luckstone, 207

20 Infernal Guard: FCG, 272

20 Infernal Guard: FCG, 272

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats: Banner, Musician, Shield, 102

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats: Banner, Musician, Shield, 102

Magma Cannon, 145

Deathshrieker, 100

Hellcannon, 205

K’Daii Destroyer, 325

Total: 2400

Baggronor:

Interesting. The units look very small, I’m not brave enough to take IG in >24, let alone Hobbos.

Nice to see the balanced approach doing well though.

eudaimon:

I will do a full review of the army setup post ETC, but effectively the hobgobs are my chaff. I figured, why buy two hobgob khans for 56 points which is EASY to kill, when you can hold things up MUCH better with 20 hobgobs for the same price, and they take a little while to get rid of - especially if you can get steadfast 10 with a re-roll. The parry in combat is lovely.

As for 2 units of 20 dwarfs, I thought about a bigger block, or a bigger block with guns, but I worried that a single large block could be targetted by warmachines and spells too easily, and leave no place for my BSB and lvl 4 to go, so 2 blocks would buy me more time if I was under pressure. It has worked so far, as it forces your opponent to also split his combat troops, and if you can get the all important Glittering Robe off (seriously, this spell is in the top 3 best spells available for chaos dwarfs) then you are laughing.

wallacer:

I will do a full review of the army setup post ETC

eudaimon
Thanks, that would be much appreciated.